Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 19:22
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeman
P.S. did you catch that Dr. johnson has been on atkins himself for over 12 years?

Yes, I caught that. With my PCOS and my family's issues with hypothyroidism I would love to go see him. Unfortunately I live in Ontario.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 16:00

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 439/270/220 Male 66"
BF:YES
Progress: 77%

Hey guys I had been taking a supplement called Ribose "D" for a the last couple weeks. It is to help restore muscles and give more energy. It is used for diabetics because it does not raise insulin levels even though it is a five carbon sugar. The doc and I assumed that it might be OK for low carbers as well, so we thought that I would take it and see what happens to people in ketosis. BAD MOVE, it kicked me out of ketosis, avoid this one. I guess it's back to induction for a week.
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Mar-10-05, 16:49

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeman
I guess it's back to induction for a week.

Good luck getting back into ketosis, and thanks for the info!
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Mar-11-05, 17:36
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Thanks you guys for posting all this stuff.....I was out of town on the weekend so didn't get to see last week's episode.....did some catching up here though! Thx!
  #125   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-05, 10:10
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Wow Bruce! Great weigh in!

Looking forward to next week's show to see more of Dave, you and your bro!
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-05, 19:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 227/213/140 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hey!! Just saw Taking it off!!! It was kinda cool seeing someone on there from "home" . Not to mention doing really well !!!! Congrats!!!!
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Mar-17-05, 06:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks guys...

Just FYI, looks like the show hit another network.... http://www.discoveryhealth.ca/healthyMakeovermonth/
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 08:46

BF:

Planeman, ColbyJax, you guys were looking AMAZING at your weigh-ins on this week's ep! Congratulations!!!!
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 09:11

BF:

haha, thanks. You mean my completley insane face?

Side note: Don't eat too many chapman's sugar free icecream bars before a gig. The guys in your band will hate you for it.

Another side note. Saturday night, before our show, I sat down at a resturaunt and ordered a caesar salad with chicken. (Ate ate most of it). Yes, if you don't know me, that's big news.
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 09:40

[QUOTE=ColbyJax]
Another side note. Saturday night, before our show, I sat down at a resturaunt and ordered a caesar salad with chicken. (Ate ate most of it).

Hey Bruce I am happier for you than you can know. Vegetables will be our weigh to health. Also thanks for getting me into this site. All the info is unbelievable. Just reading a few minutes a day, I realised that I was not eating enough carbs. I have been on induction for months and my carbs have been lower than 10/day I am slowly increasing my carbs to about 20-25/day using more varieties of vegetables. Had some turnips flavoured and baked like french fries man were they good. Someday I will eat a wrap but I think I am as afraid of any form of bread as you are of veggies knowing what they did to me. In closing BRUCE I owe you for your help and guidance in showing and teaching me how a low carb life should be. You are my inspiration and my friend. I cannot begin to tell you how happy it makes me with your every success. A salad, fantastic you are doing great.
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 10:26

BF:

Thanks Dave. Really means a lot.

I was asked by some of the crew here in Halifax about how things were going. To be honest, I don't think anyone really cared about losing weight as much as You, Lindsay, and myself. We actually read books, and really learned about what we were doing.

Honestly, I think the only real way to lose weight is motivation, and the only person that can do that is yourself. You have more will power than anyone I've ever met, so the person that deserves a big pat on the back is you Dave. Keep kicking ass, and remember me when you get on the cover of some magazine.

Maybe we can get our pictures taken on a big flaming pile of Canada Food Guides.

You owe me nothing! And yes, this is a great place to learn things.
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 11:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJax
haha, thanks. You mean my completley insane face?

Well I actually meant your, umm, body I guess

Byron's face, however, was a bit priceless when you blew past him at the weigh-in! Since he seems to thrive on comptetition, I don't feel bad saying that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyJax
Side note: Don't eat too many chapman's sugar free icecream bars before a gig. The guys in your band will hate you for it.

Gotcha! I did this last night with Breyer's low carb choc ice cream (wanted to finish it before the weekend was over)...hubby wasn't very impressed about it, he and the cat suffered!
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 11:11

BF:

That breyers lowcarb stuff is the best icecream on the planet. I can't buy it though. If I have one spoon of it, I have to eat the whole thing. I've never gotten gas from it though. You must be really sensitive. Avoid the Chapmans!
  #134   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 13:29

BF:

#135   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-05, 09:53

[QUOTE=ColbyJax]Holy crap. Dave, did you see this?[QUOTE]

I don't get it are they trying to make LC look bad. This is the first year everyone on the show has lost weight with the majority using some form of LC. Yet they let the "so called" nutritionist spout the myths of LC as proven fact. I hope this forum that is going to be available will allow us to rebut her biased info. Just wait until the next keeping it off I will make LC look like the only weight loss method. I will be fit and buff. DJ and I go to the GYM every morning 5AM to 7:30AM, and I am going to work out harder just to show these nay-sayers what fools they really are. Short term loss my A**. I have always disliked nutritionists for their one sided belief that we are all the same and once again they have reinforced my knowing how ignorant some of them truly are.

Last edited by Planeman : Tue, Mar-22-05 at 13:36. Reason: to fix quote