Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Yeah, I lost 17 on my two weeks of induction, WITH a cheat in the middle that they made me eat. I ate half a taco shell, and a handfull of chips. Not too bad I guess. It stalled me though.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 20:35
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hey, the show is great so far! You and your brother are so funny. That catty Trina chick... gee, I wonder why she's having marital problems.

I do not wonder why they are having marital problems.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 11:25
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Bruce.....I'm a little slow in posting about last weeks show. Great weigh in! I assume this weekend we will get to a little more of the "day in the life of Bruce"?? Loved the spot on your bro. Everyone seems really great....although I have to admit that I'm still sitting on the fence about the one gal.

Looking forward to this weekend's show
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Feb-13-05, 19:11
Recovering Yo-Yo

Bruce.....you and Byron are absolutely hilarious! Loved this weeks show....you guys kept everyone laughing!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 04:56

Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hehe. Glad you liked it. They are cutting a LOT of stuff out though. Maybe that's a good thing.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 08:03
Recovering Yo-Yo

You guys totally killed me yesterday.....and they left more of that humor on the cutting room floor?....what a shame....Oh well.....perhaps after the show is aired, they will sell the restricted and uncensored version?

Have a great week!
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 01:47

Stats: 300/300/220 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

Hi there... this is Gutface's brother.... glad you guys are enjoying the show...

Byron
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 05:35

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224.5/155/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Maybe he could tape it, and we could pass the tape around!
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 06:14
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyG
Hi there... this is Gutface's brother.... glad you guys are enjoying the show...

Byron

I'm enjoying the show very much.
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 07:05

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Maybe they will get it in the US eventually. It looks really interesting
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 11:55
Recovering Yo-Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyG

Byron

Loving it! You guys are hilarious!
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 09:06
Lobstergal

Plan:
BF:
Progress:
I really enjoyed yesterday's episode and would have liked to have heard more from the Atkins representative, who was with Byron, rather then listenning to many of the ladies on the show blather on and on about this and that. I tape the show so I am able to fast forward through what I do not want to watch (like Trina who I dislike....she is probably a good person but she simply rubs me the wrong way so I fast forward).

Anyway, I suspect a lot of stuff having to do with the Atkins rep ended up on the cutting room floor. I would love to spend some time with an Atkins rep just to pick thier brain.

She did have a point though that stuck with me, which is a good thing I am betting, as I move towards my goals. She mentioned that the diet is a nutrition plan for life and not a quick fix just to lose the extra pounds and to go off of it when one reaches goal. I cannot recall what she said *exactly* so I am unable to quote her but that is the general idea of the message that stuck with me.

I'm looking very forward to seeing next week's eppy. I am very curious about what is going on with Big Reg. I hope he did not leave the show for good. That would be a shame. I also am dying to see what happens with Wendy and getting to see her daughter. I have to admit that I *LOVE* Wendy. She is one awesome lady!!! Dave is great as well. He and I think alike regarding nutritionists and dieticians.

I am enjoying seeing you Bruce and your brother Byron on the show too but Byron really needs to quit calling you 'Gutface'. I cringe everytime I hear Byron say it. I have 2 sons of my own and if I ever heard one calling the other something like that the son who said it would not see his next birthday.
(yeah I am a *mean* mom. LOL!!)

Onto to next week's episode.

Last edited by Lobstergal : Sun, Feb-20-05 at 09:09. Reason: spelling mistake
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 12:59
Recovering Yo-Yo

Haven't seen yesterday's episode yet. I usually watch it Sunday afternoons.....so that's today. Lobstergal....reading your post peaked my curiousity...can't wait to watch today!
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 07:55
Recovering Yo-Yo

Loved the show too. Like Lobstergal...I thought it was great that an Atkins representative was present....even greater was that she believed frankenfoods were not to be used on a regular basis, or to replace meals.

Looking forward to next week. Hope big Reg is ok.....then end of this weeks' show was a little worriesome.

Anywho....another week of good losses for you guys!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Feb-21-05, 10:22

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I really enjoyed this weeks show as well. I thought they finally showed Atkins in a better light, and not just misrepresenting the jokes Byron was telling about bacon with butter on it (although they did flash back to that clip). It was VERY refreshing to see the Atkins rep picking out all those veggies for Byron at Cosco(Bruce -- did he eat them -- you can tell us??!!) and showing the 'diet' as a more balanced eating approach than people think.

I also loved the fact that Dave told the obeisity expert off (in a nice way)...he is right, what works for one does not work for all, and I commend him for sticking to what he KNOWS is working for him. Anyone else's draw hit the floor when the Dr. basically told Dave in an indirect way that most of his weight loss was water because that is what people lose on low-carb??? I was so peeved off about that...if any of us are carrying around 50+ lbs of water, we might as well move to the desert rent ourselves out as camels!!!!

At the same time, I felt bad for Dave because he was having some serious questions that he wanted answers about re: his low-carb diet, and he needed support, not the partly line that the food pyramid is good and low-carb is bad. Maybe he'll be able to get in touch with a Dr. who supports low-carb and get some answers to his questions.

This show is addictive!