Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-16-02, 19:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 226/210/140
BF:
Progress: 19%

Can you please post a good site on brushing..I can't seem to get inot the ones that are already posted.

Thank you so much
Edwina
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 17:06

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Cool What if your as hairy as an ape?

I did calenetics for a while a few years ago. I found it to be pretty effective as a help to tone up and lose those fatty inches. I have no idea what this t tap is. About this body brushing stuff...what if you are as hairy as an ape and you can't get a loufa or brush directly on your skin? But seriously, folks...me and the dog do this all of the time. I rub him on his back down by his tail, where he can't get his teeth or tongue and he just loves it. I rub the dickens out of my skin every morning in the shower...while he is taking his morning drink out of the toilet...both of us have followed the same routine for years. Still got as fat as a barn, stayed in terrible shape, compared to my old tri-athlete days. So, what's the hype all about? Or, is this some sort of female bonding thing? Me and Rover, we male bond constantly in the back yard when my wife kicks us both out. We play his version of football. He tries to eat my foot through my shoe.

Signed
the captain and his bud
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 19:24

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

Edwina,

The first two links that Nat gave in the thread still work. If you're having problems, it might be on your machine or related to your connection. Contact your ISP if you really can't load those two pages. The third link in the thread is out of date and the fourth is a live link but now goes to Times Online instead of Instyle mag. I don't think that was ever about brushing anyway.

Captain,

Maybe you could first join in another female ritual: yanking out your body hair by the roots! Methods include hot wax, Nads, and Epilady (this one is extra painful). Then you could join in the female bonding and get lots of sympathy over the lengths you need to go to in order to make yourself attractive.

If you're hairy as an ape, wouldn't you need to brush to prevent tangles?

Give your dog a big, wet, slobbery kiss for me!

Allison
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 11:43

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking I think I'll stay hairy and happy, thank you!

allisonm...I don't know what to say...I'm touched by your offer to join your exclusive ranks of femaledom!! The more I think about your offer, the more I'm convinced that I had a choice back before I was born. That choice went something like this:

Scene: Millions of spirits standing in massive lines before a few tables with a bunch of angels sitting behind them. Each line was for a certain part of the alphabet. My line was moving slowly. I was listening to the latest sports and hunting news from the "Heavenly Channel" on my angelic ear device. "Today, in sports, the 'Angelic Horde' sent the team from Lucifer U packing when they overan the 'Red Devils' for three touchdowns in the last three minutes..." I stepped up to the table. A very sweet lady angel smiled up at me. "Can I help you?" "Yes," I replied. "I think I want to be one of those co-creator types..what do they call them?...Women..yeah! I want to do that!"

"Well," she smiled. "That is very noble. Of course, you must understand that you will be required to spend about half of your life in misery every twenty eight days, or so. Men will make fun of you. It will hurt like HELL when you deliver one of Dad's little gifts...You will be discriminated against, from the day you are born until you die. You may even be unlucky enough to have a husband who beats you and does terrible things to you, especially if you're born into a backwards third world country...and, to satisfy men's desire and your own vanity, you will have to wear funny clothing that rides up, causes static cling, can be downright painful, ocassionally wear funny looking shoes that hurt your feet and make you feel like your walking on stairs and twist your ankles, put chemicals all over your body from your face, downward, pluck out hair in various parts of your body, go on ridiculous fad diets, risk anorexia and bulemia, and even wear GIRDLES! Sign right here."

"UHHHH!" I backed away, sheepishly. "Nah! I think I'll just be a drone...one of those men types...I don't really have that much to contribute. Can I hunt, play football, and lay around the house all day while my wife slaves to keep my mess cleaned up as a man?" The rest is history.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 12:40
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%
Default Nat..about this body brushing.....

I can't get into most of the sights mentioned above. The one that I can get into doesn't really give me the techniques.

Can someone please tell me what motion to use on the backs and sides of my thighs.

Thanks..Cin
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-11-02, 15:13

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Cin, you brush upward from the legs and downward from the torso, as though you were pushing everything up toward your middle/chest area. Strokes are circular and repeated about 8 times per area. Brushing should take about 5 minutes once you have it down pat. Try with a softer brush at first, and do it in the shower. Then you can graduate to a harder bristle and do it dry. It took me about a week of consistent brushing to be able to do it dry.

Nat
  #22   ^
Old Sun, May-12-02, 21:55
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Thanks Nat. YOur a dream...and thanks for the pushup info, greatly appreciated.

Here's to a great week!
Cin
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 14:17

Plan: body rx
Stats: 185/159/145
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hi...
I'm new around here, but wanted to let you know that I have done T-Tapp and intend to continue with the program. It is an excellent program that delivers what it promises. If you do the tapes as directed you will see dramatic inch loss. It is a different exercise program than any other I have used (and I have tried LOTS). I used the program before I started doing weight lifting again, so I don't know if the inch loss would be as dramatic for someone already involved in muscle building through weights, but I can say I don't think you will be disappointed.
If you want to read a bunch more about T-Tapp you can read posts on the Weight watchers web site - there's a message board there called Fitness Getting Started and another called Fitness Challenge where people regularly discuss the tapes. Also, they are available from ebay sometimes and at other sites for less money.
Good luck!
pfcoop
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 18:18
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I ordered the total system!

I read up on it, and it seems to make a lot of sense, plus I am hopeful for skin tightening and inches lost on my waist.
I'm 20 and have lost a lot of fat, my skin is not as tight as it should be at my age. Plus I have long lean legs, and a short thick torso. I want to tighten my waist.
I really liked the body alignment philosophy - the fitter I get the more important that is to me.

I will post again when I get my tapes, brush etc. and then again noting my progress.
Right now I'm lifting weights and doing well with my legs, arms, shoulders, I hike and do sprints. These tapes should balance my workouts nicely.

Meg
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 05:18
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Ok, finally the tapes have arrive and I've been doing them for 3 days. I have the beginner rehab tape and it is way harder than I expected. I consider myself pretty fit, albeit unflexible.. and I really struggled. It is very nice to have all of these sore muscles all over the place - ones that do not get worked in my regular workouts. I also ordered one called hit the floor, thinking it would be difficult, but ok for me - as I am already pretty fit. It is so far beyond me I sit on the floor and watch most of it, trying a couple reps of each exercise. And it's not even an intermediate one!! I am a convert/believer already.
I would recommend these videos for anyone who is interested in posture, alignment, or has back/neck/knee pain. I will post again in 2 weeks to say if I have lost any inches I doubt I will lose any on my arms/legs, (it's not necessary, and I actually want to build those thicker) but I'm hoping for that torso trimming!

Meg

ps: I flit back and forth between NY and Ontario, if you're interested enough and in the area you can watch my videos to see if they're for you. I know they're expensive, and before I bought I wanted to view them.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 06:33

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Meg - thanks for the review.

There is a thread in the Exercise forum on 'your favourite workout videos' maybe you could put some of this information there as well?

Nat

Edited to add: I just saw that you already did.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 07:30

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 200/199/140
BF:
Progress: 2%
Thumbs up I am so happy to see a thread on ttapp!

This is my exercise of choice! I have been practicing for about a year and my back and chronic knee pain are gone! I have recently started Schwarzbein and have been winded tapping but I am sure that will abate with time.

These tapes are fantastic; no jumping and your muscles really get targeted. I recently attended a Spa retreat in New Mexico! I was so sore my muscles were really activated.

I know the tapes are pricey; sometimes you can find them on ebay but the bidding wars are intense and that drives the price up almost as if you purchased them new!

Try some of the exercises; they kick *ss; they are no joke but I love the way I feel afterwards.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 11:10
Registered Member

Plan: Who knows!
Stats: 124/117/103 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:20% / 19% / 16%
Progress: 33%
Default Have You Brushed?

This is for anyone who has tried brushing and gotten results.

1.) Does it really work?

2.) My marks are skin color but the texture is all wrinkly! Will brushing smooth my skin back out?

THANKS!!!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 17:24
Registered Member

Plan: my own/grain free/veg
Stats: 116/115/101 Female 5'2"
BF:I don't know
Progress: 7%
Default me too

I have been tapping for just over a year. It is a very intense and thorough workout for fitness, toning and has terrific health benefits as well. I started it in the hopes of achieving inch loss but did not lose. I was very disappointed. Many people do however achieve remarkable inch loss. I was just not one of them! It is important to do the workout very precisely. I even went to a wonderful ttapp trainer to get form pointers but still no wt or inch loss.
That aside, what it did deliver was wonderful. Core strength, wonderful immune benefits, plantar facsiatis gone, rock hard inner thighs, defined instead of burly arms, flexibility, an intense mind/body workout that can't be beat, and stamina stamina stamina for anything else that you want to do. More even the ashtanga yoga.
I do it 2x a week now and do some other things and it is a valuable permanent part of my fitness routine. Although I did not lose and I have to say that I felt pretty angry about that for awhile since that is what was avertised, I am very glad that learned it. And I don't care anymore that I did not lose inches. I gained a lot of other benefits that made it well worth it!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/153/130 Female 5'7"
BF:Under Construction
Progress: 18%

I am going to try this..

Is there anywhere else to get this brush besides the body shop? just curious..what does it look like?>