Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#781   ^
Old Sat, May-22-21, 04:52

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori that sounds like a fun tournament, a scramble. Have a fab time.

yea getting back to normal fast trip was too short to feel like I left that long HA

Nicco, yes I understand your 'world can become too small' without you pushing a bit. I am the same. I get that.

the FL trip sounds cool

Jaz, hope all is going great in your new apt

SO I FEEL like I gotta catch up LOL

you guys got so much hoppin

pool for me. working on it now. doing my thing.

very green with alot of leaves in it, ugh, I got work cut out. Just do it and see how it comes along is best I can do

hubby to work his car job
kid sleep, dog hanging out
me, hmm, no clue, this that and pool

I put on some vacay pounds, gotta lose those PIAs HA\

ugh, always something!! got a nice pork tenderloin for later when wanted

over and out and be good all
Sponsored Links
  #782   ^
Old Sun, May-23-21, 04:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Quiet around here yesterday. I had a fun day on the golf course with a couple ladies I never get to play with. We played well & all had some really good shots and lots of laughs.

Jaz......I know you're at your fav place! I hope you are having a lovely beach weekend.

Trig.....Hope you can get your pool cleared up without too much trouble and $$. I know the chemicals are very pricey.

Nic....Waiting for a FL check-in! Hope the weather is fabulous and you're having lots of fun.

--------

I'm going to have another cup of coffee and then get in the car for a 2.5 hour drive to Connie's. Sunday morning traffic shouldn't be too bad. I plan to get there by around 10. She said the earlier the better. We don't have any big plans other than hanging out and going out to eat. On Tuesday on the way home, I'm stopping for my final golf lesson in the series that I paid for last month. I should be home by 4 or so on Tuesday. I'll check in from DSis's later today.
  #783   ^
Old Sun, May-23-21, 06:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning from St. Simon!!!!!

NIC- I just loved your post. I think it is totally cool about your friend including you and mixing her friends up. It takes a special person to do that.
I am excited for you! Are you going to be beach front? What part of Florida are gouging too? Do you have your own room or are you all house sharing? Find a shell to take home. I always pick up a shell. I always pick up a shell. I have a ton of them now. However ,I have a big very pretty bowel I put them in! Well you have a great time!

Lori- you are also on the road!!!! Have a great time with your sis!!!!! It's very cool you only have a few hours to get there! Check in when you can! Glad the weather is going to work for you!

Speaking of trips- are you flying into Savannah? I think that they only do puddle jumpers here so you might fly into Atl/or Charlotte then here.

Trig- I heard on the news a couple times that there is a shortage on chlorine for pools. Something about the company that make it didn't have what they needed. It actually made the news. I also heard because of this that many people are converting their pools to saltwater. Just a tad bit if info!!!!

Are you back to routine??? I would suspect you need to clean out the camper and get it ready for your next outing!!!!
Now that you know you can just go on a whim!!!!!! Yea you!!!!!

Blue- Updates!
----------------------------------------------
Yesterday was a perfect perfect day! I spent the night here. I knew that the day would involve, beach, wine, pool and sun! That equals an overnight and no driving!
She offered the couch- I opted for a nice room with a bed and my own space and bathroom!
It wasn't all that expensive, much cheaper than a DUI! I am very careful about that. If it isn't walkable I don't do adult beverages. I tell you the cops don't care here on the island- EVERYONE drives around in their golf carts with a beer in hand. But Whoa nellie you hit the highway it's over!

Anyway- I will do a beach walk. There's also a cute little local coffee shop around the corner I will hit up first get a cup to go!
I should be back at the apt about dinner time.

I thought I would cry buckets over Bella looking at "our" apt. But I didn't. I walked over and looked up at the balcony we would sit on and have dinner. I "saw" her sitting there happy and that is what I will carry with me, not the last two weeks of her life.

I watched a documentary on the Shiba Inu. Did you know they are the ONLY dog that still carry wolf traits. They are different than most other breeds. They are beautiful and feisty and can be untamable. I think that is why I love them! It was an interesting watch.

Well - time to gather my stuff and pack up and check out and hit up the sand.

Will check in when back home. Although coming back here is like coming home. I just need to save up a few pennies and bite the bullet and buy a small condo here. Maybe next year when my lease it up I will come back for good.

Have a awesome day
  #784   ^
Old Sun, May-23-21, 06:33

BF:

Lori safe trip and have a blast with your Sis
enjoy your last golf tip lesson....make turn ya into a pro, well, heck you are a pro from all the golf you do now!

Jazz, no issues on pool stuff. all the chlorine I need plus I sub regular old cheap bleach when I open it, kills it all and then I use my maintenance chlorine not as much thru the use of the pool so ok on it all.

VERY COOL you wanna buy a small condo........girl you KNOW where you want to be....you know your area, your location, where you love and just enjoy the heck out of that area....you go for it....you start slowly looking for a nice condo to suit EVERY need you want from it and take your time and darn when ya see it, jump and don't look back

Glad you are having a blast!! Lucky beach living lady! I am so gonna be you sooner than later now HA

Nicco what's doing!

-------today is leftover country style pork spare ribs
pair up with some chicken breasts to fill it out

all good, working on pool which is doing well actually so that helps and they promise 90s soon....come on cause this morn is frickin' cold to me LOL

hubby mowing his moms and then home to work car dealership for a new car that broke down and gonna help tow driver to pick it up etc...........the main boss lady loves hubby and said she is gonna increase his pay cause he is too valuable to lose...cool...so happy he loves this job and he does and they like him so it truly turned out as a great thing but damn he works alot now....they rely on him way more than just a contract driver, I told him under NO circumstances does he become an employee....I said your freedom is too important.....WELL it is always the way, a great employee is wanted and they get ya ----just like Lori working her part time Dicks job and the next thing ya know they need/want/rely SO MUCH on you they want you darn near full time plus overtime It sucks to be a great employee right HAHA

focus on eating cleaner, leaner, smarter and with high temps coming I feel like I am gonna eat lighter too. Summer I eat so much lighter and less...winter I hound it all down

will be interesting to see how it all goes for me.

be good everyone
  #785   ^
Old Sun, May-23-21, 07:06

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

doing a quick check in.

Jaz- super happy for you that you stayed the night, had a great time with your friend and can see in your minds eye a happy Bella and all the wonderful times you shared there with her. What a blessing!

I can see you living there as well although who knows? Once you get well settled outside of Savannah you may like it there as well!

When do you plan to see your DD next? Any chance she will bring the kids to you for a visit? It doesnt always have to be a one way street!

Lori- Yay for another Sis visit and a golf lesson make up also! I hope it all goes off without a hitch. Enjoy!

Trig- I hope you get your 90s so the pool will heat up. It is warmer in the Baltimore area this week than here in FL! I think our pool might open up this week coming up. I know DH said he was going to get the pool cabana ready and the water turned on this weekend.

Miss ya, Blue.

••••••••••

So far so good over here, although I say that knowing that around the 3rd day is when I hit a wall. But I am the first one up and get some quiet time at the start of the day. We have been staying up pretty late though for me anyway. I may retire early tonight just to try to stay ahead of any meltdown activity.

The beach and weather is really lovely. I think it was around 80 and lightly breezy yesterday. I had blackened mahi tacos for lunch and a couple of drinks. The others kept going with beers on the beach but that was plenty for me.

Everyone gets along which is also nice. I’m not picking up on any weird vibes or anything.

So Jaz, I do have my own room and bathroom. There are two condos- the third floor (nicer) one is one they don’t rent out- it is a 3 bedroom and I think 3.5 baths. The fourth floor condo is a 2 bedroom 2 bath, also very nice but not quite as stocked etc bc it is a rental that they own and rent. I’m in that one. It’s still very nice - we are more of the introvert condo. We are on Ponce Inlet, near Daytona. We leave late on Wednesday to come back.

Ok that’s about it for now. More beach on tap, minimal drinking from me today I think and maybe some quiet time built in. It’s all good as of yet!
  #786   ^
Old Sun, May-23-21, 08:35

BF:

I'm here! Had a nice trip with little traffic. I got here before 10AM! We're already planning where we'll have our early dinner and looking at online menus!

I'll check in tomorrow!
  #787   ^
Old Mon, May-24-21, 04:03

BF:

Good Morning!

I'm up early having coffee and waiting for Connie to get up. She usually doesn't get up till around 7.....but I was awake at 5 and ready to rip. Of course, I laid down at 8:45 and was probably asleep by 9:15, so no wonder I was ready to get up!

We had the best lunch/dinner yesterday. We went at around 3 to avoid any crowds. We made a meal of sharing appetizers and each thing was tastier than the last. Not low carb, but I'm on vacation.....sort of. We're going to do some running around today and then go out to dinner again. We may also go for a walk later this morning. Just a "do whatever" kind of day.

Jaz.....loved the pic of Ava with her car! I bet she's loving it. I can just see her tooling around in it. Monday and another work day for you.....hope your weekend of beach time etc. recharged you for the week.

You asked if I will be flying to Savannah in the Fall.....No, DSis is coming with me and we are doing a road trip. We're going to spend a few days in VA Beach on the way and then also stop for an overnight on the way home. It's a lot of driving, but we have fun while we travel.

Trig....Ah yes...DH is a good worker and places are desperate for people who will do a good job. I know you don't want him to get tied down to a full time job as that will put a crimp in your picking up and going in your RV. No good! If he lays it on the line for them, I'm sure they'll work with him as they need dependable workers. He's in the driver's seat....so to speak.

Nic...The condo set up sounds perfect! Love that you have your own area where you can get away for a bit. I also love my quiet morning time when I'm with others. Even at home, I love a quiet morning, though DH has been getting up early and talking too much. I have to bite my tongue sometimes so I don't come right out and tell him to shut up.

-------

Ok....another cup of coffee coming my way. Have the best Monday possible!
  #788   ^
Old Mon, May-24-21, 06:39

BF:

Quickie post as I over slept and chugging a cup of coffee before I plug in!

NIC- You time sounds LOVELY!!!!!!!!! OMG I love fish soft tacos! although the wheat in the wrap doesn't love me. I usually eat the middle out anyway! Sounds like a GREAT time!!!!! Very cool you know when and how you need your recharge period.
I know you have said you are more introverted. But I swear you were so outgoing in Charleston. we could not stop laughing!

Trig and I will just get you Liquored up again!!!!
Glad for såvel travels! Does it feel weird after a year of Hiding in the house from Covid?!?!?!?!?! Seriously- it takes some getting used to agin doesn't it!

Trig- glad yo hear you got a lan on the pool and busy prepping to get it going.
I agree that summer means = lighter eating!!!!!!!! With ya on that!!!!

Yup and yup and yup on watching and waiting for a little condo on St. Simon. I am waiting for the housing market to pull back a bit. You don't buy when its at an all time high. You buy low- sell high!!!! So I will bid my time. In no rush. I can be there and do weekends anytime I want! Or even a day run! I have checked out out SC beaches.
I just love this area better. I have never been to Outta Banks and that is on the bucket list!
Add that to the beaches North eastern seaboard get snow! No thank you. More southern the better.
Jacksonville is sorta sweet too. But I do love the sugar white sand of Dustin. I just love a great beach!!!!!
But I do love the quiet, natural beach not built up.

Lori- - Enjoy time with sis!!!!!!! I know you will.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Late gotta run!

Back later.
  #789   ^
Old Mon, May-24-21, 07:24

BF:

Lori I am sure you and Sis are having a blast.....your appetizer meal sounds good but don't you come back complaining being up a few lbs later HAHA but enjoy your time.....why not!!

Nicco your condo is sounding real nice and a good set up for ya.
I love quiet mornings, in fact they are a must for me....sets my day the way I like.....yea open the pool soon, our weather is vaulting into the 90s finally!
Enjoy that beach all you can!

Jazz....yea take your time and decide but I sure see you buying a nice condo in a great place. Put down hard roots somewhere and settle a bit, nothing wrong with that!! Outer Banks is fab but it isn't a live there for me....it is kinda really more remote and alot of driving to 'get anywhere' else off that area LOL

***********so have to cook my pork tenderloin today
pair up with 2 burgers I think

picking up mom tomorrow for 2 days here so bro Gregg can go home and relax a bit....I said I could do longer but him and mom only said 2 days so that is what it is.....I dont know how gregg does it HAHA but hey super cool he can handle this for us right now.

working on pool again later, got back from grocery and good sale on pork ribs and filled up freezer.....but now I want some rum drinks doing pool but with vacay rum and more rum I am getting bloaty icky ya know but darn I wanna pool party myself but my guts are saying no....sucks getting older LOL

be good all
  #790   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 04:53

BF:

Good Morning!

Just a quick pop-in before getting my day going. I'm leaving around 10:30 to head to my golf lesson. I'll do that and then make my way home. I'll probably get home around 4:30 this afternoon.

DSis & I have had a nice little visit, but it'll be good to get back home to my routine.....and golf!

This week is full of all kinds of things. First of all, DH's brother called on Saturday evening and told DH that he was in the hospital with a possible heart attack. It turns out that it was NOT a heart attack, just his Afib getting worse. So...they tried to shock his heart yesterday to get it back in rhythm, but they discovered he has a clot. Now he's on blood thinners to try to dissolve that before they try to do the shock thing again and if that doesn't work, they'll do an ablation.......which he has had done before. He's hoping to get discharged from the hospital today. This poor guy has had so much medical stuff going on the past few years. He lives about 2 hours from us, so we don't see him too often, especially since Covid. Oh...get this...the blood thinner they put him on costs $600 a month. He's hoping his VA insurance will cover it. Medication costs are so crazy!

On Thursday we are traveling 2.5 hours to go to our oldest grandson's high school graduation. He goes to a prep school with a baseball emphasis, so it will be a small graduating class. I'm not sure how many kids are in the school. This is one of those weeks with a lot going on!

I'll check in tonight when I'm back in my nest. Have good days!
  #791   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 05:43

BF:

wow Lori you trip with your Sis went so fast!!

So sorry about your BIL. Med issues that constantly invade and demand alot of time and scare for us are just horrible to live with...wishing him the best.

and a graduation to boot! You are gonna be busy for sure!!!

enjoy your golf lesson, hope you learn some good tips!

Hey Nicco and Jazz....waiting for new posts

***********off to moms in a bit to pick her up for a few days visit here.

hubby and me put ladder in the pool, now I can get in and really get it vacuumed and more but darn that water is still freaking cold LOL

got ribeye steak for tonight plus making tacos for mom and family. mom loves tacos but won't make it for just her ya know so I am feeding her things she hasn't had in a while, she will love that HA

off to get moving, over and out and be good everyone
  #792   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 06:25

BF:

dot.... back in a bit
  #793   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 07:06

BF:

Just talked to DH....he talked to his brother this morning and he is home from the hospital. He did clarify that they did NOT shock his heart yesterday because they discovered the blood clot. He is on blood thinners for a few weeks and then they'll check him again.

Having a leisurely morning and then I'm off.

Trig....enjoy having Mom visit. Love that you're making her tacos tonight!

Bye!
  #794   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 15:57

BF:

Made it home about 4PM. LONG day. Golf lesson went well and then I had the 2.5 hour drive home. Whew.....tired of dealing with big trucks!

Early tee time tomorrow. I'll have to leave the house about 7:30AM. I think it's supposed to be hot & humid, so it's good we're starting early.

Have a good evening!
  #795   ^
Old Tue, May-25-21, 16:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quick check in. Overall the trip has been good. It is really beautiful here and the weather has been gorgeous. There was a bit of girl drama last night but I skated right around it and just let it blow over. Homie don’t play that. All is well today.

I head back tmrw and it is time. Ready to see my Fam again!