Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/130/124 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Blue Diamond almonds

I LOVE the flavored Blue Diamond Almonds.
http://www.bluediamond.com/shop/gifts/Bold4Pack.cfm
Especially the Jalepeno and the Lime & Chili. Actually, I haven't tried the other two brands but they look good.
Do these have bad things in them? Especially if I'm prone to yeast infections?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 19:16

Stats: 280/230/245 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 143%

The wasabi and soy are to die for, but I think there is 2 grams of sugar in them.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 19:27

Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

OH..I love the Lime and Chili ones too. My problem is that I can't stop eating them when I start. I usually only get the small one portion bags. Several times I have gotten a can and resolved to portion it out..but I love them too much.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 19:50

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

I HATED the wasabi and soy!! But the smoked almonds are good, even though they are way toooooo salty!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-08, 20:27

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereds
The wasabi and soy are to die for, but I think there is 2 grams of sugar in them.

How bad is two grams of sugar? I can control how many nuts I eat - well enough anyway. But I'm not sure if I should even be eating them. The carb count looks okay, but what about the sugar? maltodextrix? the oils used? Will it mess things up? Are they healthy at all?

I'll have to check out the wasabi ones (before I learn I really shouldn't be eating these things) - I LOVE wasabi peas. My store doesnt' have them, but I'll try a bigger one jsut to check out what I am missing.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:41

Stats: 280/230/245 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 143%
Talking

[QUOTE=Lajet]How bad is two grams of sugar? I can control how many nuts I eat - well enough anyway. But I'm not sure if I should even be eating them. The carb count looks okay, but what about the sugar? maltodextrix? the oils used? Will it mess things up? Are they healthy at all?

Two grams of sugar is not bad in its self, but I think there was more carbs there also, I'll have to look at the label next time I buy them, but if there is 2 grams of sugar and 5 total grams of net carbs, if one does not watch portions one could easly eat 10 to 15 grams of carbs wile eating a snack. I know I have problems with nuts, once I start if the package is large enough, its katie bar the door!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-06-08, 19:05

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereds
Two grams of sugar is not bad in its self, but I think there was more carbs there also, I'll have to look at the label next time I buy them, but if there is 2 grams of sugar and 5 total grams of net carbs, if one does not watch portions one could easly eat 10 to 15 grams of carbs wile eating a snack. I know I have problems with nuts, once I start if the package is large enough, its katie bar the door!

Thanks.
It's something like 2 or 3 carbs a serving (about 1/4 cup) I genearlly keep myself to 2 servings a day so I'm not worried about getting carried away with nuts and not being able to stop - but I've totally cut out refined foods, especially sugar and flour, so I wonder if there is refined sugar in the almonds that will lead me down the path back to the dark side.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 20:14

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

I know this is an old thread, but I just tried these for the first time today, and...

Good LORD, these are good! Blue Diamond brand almonds were on sale at my local grocery store, so I decided to try their "bold" flavors. I got all the flavors I could find that intrigued me. I have been eating my usual cocoa roasted almonds, which I enjoy (Emerald brand). They also had cinnamon roasted almonds (also Emerald), which I bought and tried, and they're okay, but I prefer the cocoa.

Now for the Blue diamond "bold" flavors. I got salt 'n vinegar, but I haven't tried that flavor yet (I love salt 'n vinegar chips, so I have a good idea of their flavor). I also got the Lime & Chili flavor and the Habanero BBQ flavor. the Lime & Chili are okay, but sort of bland. But the Habanero BBQ...

WOW. Amazing. I am in love (don't tell Jeff...actually, he loves them, too!). They have a little kick and, IMO, are a pretty darn good substitute for bbq potato chips. 5g carbs (3g fiber), 6g protein, and 15g fat per 1oz serving. I mixed a serving each of the Habanero BBQ and the Lime & Chili, and I am SO enjoying my evening snack!
I did make sure to weigh out servings and then put the can away so I wouldn't mindlessly snack on multiple servings
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 20:38

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 254/222/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I want to marry Habanero BBQ almonds - seriously.

Best. Snack. EVER. I need to seek out these cinnamon/chocolate almonds....
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-08-11, 21:11

Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

I just bought the Habanero BBQ flavor a few days ago and I too am in love! These are the best thing since sliced bread.
Thanks Stacy for telling me about them.
Rox
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-09-11, 05:49

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I got them when I was down in Bellingham just after Christmas and YEAH, BABY!! They are gooood....