Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:49

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%
Default Poor Poor Krispy Kreme.........

http://slate.msn.com/id/2100324/

Right, we should feel SO sorry for Krispy Kreme! haha

LL
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:00
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

#3   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:06

Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

Krispy Kreme has already said they're going to introduce a low-carb version of a donut, so they're jumping on the proverbial bandwagon just like everyone else. Oh, boo hoo.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:08

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

They're just blaming their poor performance on low-carbers rather than on their poor business decisions.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:20

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

well said pha. . . with what they should have learned about LC'ers over the past year, maybe they need to reasses just how many of their stores to open instead of trying to make a LC donut.

Gimme a break!!!!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:23

Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

a LC donut??? Yeah right! Even if it was LC, who in the hell ca just eat one donut? I have given them up for life. They just opened a store here and it is always empty. We are partial to Dunkin because the coffee is to die for!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:45

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

The KK across from my office opened about a year and a half. It is closes its doors this Sunday.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:49

Stats: 211/182/135 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking Krispy Kreme

I first was introduced to Krispy Kremem when my parents moved us to North Carolina when I was 15. If there's ever a donut to eat, it's KK. But only fresh from the store, the ones they sell in boxes at the grocery store suck.

The thought of eating several of those donuts right now (at this particular moment at least) makes me want to retch. I can just imagine how I would FEEL after I ate them! UGH. BUT...going down...oh man, going down they are incomparable. Well, donuts in general are pretty darned good but KK donuts...mmmm..

But for today, I want to lose the 50+ pounds hanging off of my 5'5" frame instead of enjoy a 1 minute pleasure of eating a donut that will stay with me for years.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:00

Stats: 255/161/155 Female 5'9"
BF:38.9%/23.4%/22%
Progress: 94%

Not only are they suffering but I read an article this morning about one of the nation's largest pasta producer is filing for bankruptcy. Who did they blame...you got it, US! I love being responsible for the demise of a multi-billion dollar corporation. Let 'em blame it on us, there has to be a scapegoat afterall.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 12:06
Registered Member

Stats: 270/194/180 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hot KK's fresh out of the oven are awesome! but it is oh so easy to down a dozen... I hope they don't go out of business eventhough they may never be savored by me again...
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 00:54

Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

We have a KK about an hour South of us so it's too much of a pain to go buy them. I always wanted to try them but never made it down there. Then some kids were selling the KK donuts for a church fundraiser, they wanted like ten dollars/box. I'm NOT Kidding. And these were just the plain glazed ones. My DH bought some to help the kids out and satisfy our curiosity. They were sooooo good they just melt in your mouths, but I don't think they were worth ten bucks!! I gained my weight buying day old donuts for $1.99 per dozen and freezing them and then pulling them out and nuking them whenever I had a cup of coffee plus pulling more out on Sundays for the whole family to have - including myself. Bad me! But they sure were good. I felt my pants getting tight and put two and two together and stopped all donuts in the house including Sundays.
I tried the LC donuts that you can buy in the Atkins magazine,don't bother...they're a waste of money and they really were so bad that I actually had to spit out my bite and brush my teeth to get rid of the bitter taste they left behind. Annie
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 05:15
Registered Member

Stats: 260/241/200 Male 6 feet tall
BF:
Progress: 32%

I usually will eat anything with sugar. I love my sweets. My old motto "Grazing through life". For some reason, I have never enjoyed hot, fresh Krispy Kreme donuts. My wife loves them. If we drive past a KK store, we have to stop for her. One day the store was out of the glazed. She made me drive in circles for an hour until they turned on their sign.
To those who like them, they are addictive. I don't feel bad for the KK corporation. They will bounce back. The cost per donut is ridiculously low.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 08:25

Plan: My Way!
Stats: 293/273/250 Female 5'8
BF:too darn much!
Progress: 47%

Those doughnuts are very high in price these days also! Soon they will be a DOLLAR a piece!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 11:52

Stats: 167/132/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

"I read an article this morning about one of the nation's largest pasta producer is filing for bankruptcy."

Wow. KK having money woes and now this! Talk about power. I know I used to eat a lot of pasta but I can't believe that collectively we low carbers are really causing business to close.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, May-14-04, 12:06

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I find it hard to believe the Atkins is responsible for their problem. At work there is a constant supply of Krispy Kream. I don't eat them but the rest of the company is addicted to them.