Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-14, 15:05

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Netrition Site/Products Thoughts

I've seen several people refer to the Netrition site, but had never looked at it - I was pretty surprised at all the products available there. Was just curious if any of you guys had used this site - what are some of your favorite items, etc? Or are these just more frakenfoods? Ha!

One thing I see on there, I have seen in Wal-mart and actually had is the Joseph's Low Carb Pita's/Lavish Bread - thoughts on it?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-14, 15:10
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yes, used it. Like it a lot. Lots of folks here like it. I don't buy bread replacements anywhere... stuff is awful and full of wheat gluten.

I buy things like Monin syrups, lupin flour, coconut flour and so on.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-14, 09:29

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

I LOVE THE great low carb bread company breads!!!!! AMAZING

I ordered the everything bagels and the sesame bread and I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!! I have 1 a day and so far so good!

I also ordered the Just the Cheese baked snacks - AWESOME!!! Just like when you nuke cheese chunks but only with more flavor they are awesome!!! I have the white cheddar and pizza and sour cream & onion ones - have only tried the white cheddar so far and they are YUMMY
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-14, 10:41

Plan: don't know!
Stats: 150/150/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

They get so much of my money - Thinslim (anything), Just Like Sugar, Miss Meringues (though they've been discontinued), Oat Fiber, Dixie Diner Pancake Mix, Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar, the Capella Flavors....great site, great customer service. Have fun!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-14, 12:39

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I ordered from them a lot, but mostly almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol and natures hollow products. I can't have gluten and a lot of their gluten free low carb snacks are made with soy and I try to stay away from soy.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-14, 10:15

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

I use them too. Stay away from the snack foods. I mainly go there for

- Jok 'n Al BBQ sauce, ketchup, other sauces
- Frontera sauces
- Maple Grove Greek and Vidalia salad dressings
- Monin syrups
- erythritol-sweetened chocolate (Chocoperfection)
- "flours" like coconut, almond, etc.
- sweeteners
- Skinny Crisps in Brownie and Sesame (but I have to restrain myself ordering these as they are too-too delicious and I am inclined to eat half the bag in a single sitting)

I don't buy supplements there. You can get better prices from vitacost, which has radically improved their customer service in recent years.

I used to buy shiratake "rice" and kelp noodles there but I can get these locally now.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-14, 10:45

BF:

[... vitacost, which has radically improved their customer service in recent years.
QUOTE]
I will second this on their customer service - it used to be that I would frequently receive taxes that didn't match up, or products would be missing from my order. They did finally fix things that I feel confident in ordering from them, but I have noticed a price increase (on the items I purchase!). Guess there's a cost/benefit to everything, huh?
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-14, 13:11

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgirl2
[... vitacost, which has radically improved their customer service in recent years.
QUOTE]
I will second this on their customer service - it used to be that I would frequently receive taxes that didn't match up, or products would be missing from my order. They did finally fix things that I feel confident in ordering from them, but I have noticed a price increase (on the items I purchase!). Guess there's a cost/benefit to everything, huh?

If you subscribe to vitacost's relentless emails, you'll occasionally get notice of 12% off everything and other good deals.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-14, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
If you subscribe to vitacost's relentless emails, you'll occasionally get notice of 12% off everything and other good deals.

Yep, I do! And I know they have the subscription program, but what I purchase doesn't really earn a discount. Still, a viable alternative, in my book.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-14, 07:57

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Just sent in an order for DaVinci syrups to be delivered as a thank you gift for a friend. Brought some Kahula for her to try in coffee on vacation, she loved it. That and French Vanilla flavor. Sometimes Amazon has a deal on DaVinci but Netrition is the best place for both price and selection. They even add a short gift message for the box.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-14, 12:49

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

I just ordered some more of the everything bagels YUMMY!!! But I also ordered the corn bread mix I love warm corn bread with butter so I'm hoping it's as good as everything else that I have ordered. I saw they even have LC mashed potatoes Wonder HMMMM????