Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-22, 09:11

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Need some advice

So I was pretty successful back in 2014 and for a few years after with low carb lowering my BS to a very normal level and losing weight (60 pounds or so). I completely went off a low card diet for a couple of years then of course regained the weight and back and in January I had a high fasting blood sugar which set me back to low card. I faltered a bit but finally got back in the groove in late Feb. and lost maybe 40 pounds since Feb. or maybe March. I have cheated on occasion but not a lot. My normal routine is eating from about noon to 7 pm (interm. fasting) a Factor 75 (delivered) keto meal for lunch -- usually 12 to 15 carbs sometimes 18 and then sometimes sour cream, blueberries, 100% chocolate, and Davinci sugar free syrup. Then at night sometimes a hamburger patty and lettuce with sugar free dressing or nothing at all. I also have green tea and cream a couple of times a day. So evidently this is too much because I've gained 5 to 10 pounds back and my BS just won' t budge. My fasting blood sugar in the morning goes from 114 to 119 and then usually drops by noon to under 100 then goes back up to 114 later in the day (before eating anything at night. So I have to see the doctor (to renew BP medicine which I honestly don't know if I really need but this guy loves the drugs) in late June and he will try and get me to take Metformin or something. Do you all think I should give it some more time to see if my Insulin resistance can be addressed -- In other words do you think 3 months of low card is too soon to see dramatic results or maybe it won't go down any more? I really would like to not go on any more drugs (I'm already on a diuretic and my last blood work showed low potassium -- duh). Also do you think the weight gain is caused by dairy? I really think I'm around 30 grams of carbs a day. Boy I'd hate to give up dairy as that's the only luxury right now. Anyway any thoughts are appreciated. I've seem to have hit a wall on weight losses and lowering BS at this time but should I be patient and wait a bit?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-22, 14:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Dennis, if you have the time to consider a modified LC approach, I recommend these two articles by Marty Kendall:

Personal Fat Threshold Model of Insulin Resistance, Diabetes and Obesity
https://optimisingnutrition.com/ted...phic-explained/

The Real Reason Why You’re Insulin Resistant and The Macros to Reverse It
https://optimisingnutrition.com/how...e-your-insulin/

It is not fast weight loss, but for the first time I reached an ideal BMI and can maintain that weight easily. My success story has more detail.