Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:03
fabulously me

Plan: just lowest carbs poss
Stats: 242/242/130 Female 5ft 8
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default i cant wait for winter...

...im seeing it as that the reason i cant hardly ever get on this forum even though i contributed cash to give me more priority..is because people realise that they need to diet more in the summer. so when it comes winter ill be happy because a lot of people would have left the forum as theyve gone back to eating carbs!

i think maybe the forum owners should ask for more money so that they can afford a higher...a higher whatever it is that means more people can get on the forum. or even have more adds. im happy with adds as long as theyre not popping up on the screen when im in the middle of writing something.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:14
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_loser
...im seeing it as that the reason i cant hardly ever get on this forum even though i contributed cash to give me more priority..is because people realise that they need to diet more in the summer. so when it comes winter ill be happy because a lot of people would have left the forum as theyve gone back to eating carbs!

i think maybe the forum owners should ask for more money so that they can afford a higher...a higher whatever it is that means more people can get on the forum. or even have more adds. im happy with adds as long as theyre not popping up on the screen when im in the middle of writing something.
Hmmmm ... the only time I have problems posting is around 1 to 2 in the morning. I think that might be when they do general maintenance on the servers or whatever. I'm not all that computer literate!

I don't get any pop-up ads from this site. I do from a different BB I belong to, even though I have my computer set to reject pop-ups. They can be sneaky things, and I hate 'em!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:19
fabulously me

BF:

do you know how far behind you are in the UK? like what time would that be here?

i couldnt get on for 36 hours then i got on - wrote my journal then couldnt get on for a few hours then went to work and now im home i can get on.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:21

Plan: .
Stats: 000/000/000 Male .
BF:
Progress: 84%

wow I havent had any trouble thus far...though I'm new, only been on this forum for 3 days...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:26

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Well, I'm not a contributing member so you'd think I'd have more trouble.

Every now and then there's a delay. Not much though.
And as you can see, I've been here a lot longer than most.

I'm happy to see all the people spreading the low carb word. Maybe it's your ISP.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Are you sure it's a problem witn this site and not your computer or internet connection? Have yo utried opening up another window and seeing if another site will load? Or just hitting "refresh " a few times?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:57

Plan: WW Core
Stats: 244.5/232.5/160 Female 66"
BF:You noticed?!
Progress: 14%

I'm sorry you're having trouble with posting, that sounds very frustrating! I haven't had those problems yet.

I enjoy all of the people on the forum, the more the merrier! If I wouldn't have found this forum I don't think I would have been able to stick to my WOE for very long. We've all got to start somewhere. People are always in and out of things, that is life. But I hope more people stick it out through the winter - wouldn't that be something! A healthier, happier world!

Maybe you can ask the forum moderators for some specific insight to your posting problems. Good luck!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 18:58
fabulously me

BF:

that sounds like a good idea. not sure how to ask them.

ill report this thread then maybe one of them can come and give me some info on what it might be...

edit..i saw there was a contact button but didnt work when i clicked on it and an error message came up! so have sent it in a report message
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:01

Plan: WW Core
Stats: 244.5/232.5/160 Female 66"
BF:You noticed?!
Progress: 14%

That worked for me when I needed to rename my journal. I just clicked on the exclamation point in the red outlined triangle and typed in my request. They were very helpful and it was taken care of quickly. I hope they can help.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:05
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_loser
do you know how far behind you are in the UK? like what time would that be here?

i couldnt get on for 36 hours then i got on - wrote my journal then couldnt get on for a few hours then went to work and now im home i can get on.
I think I'm about 6 hours behind your time, so 1 or 2 in the morning for me would be around 7 to 8 a.m. for you. Like others have suggested, though, it might not be related to the site at all.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:08
fabulously me

BF:

i suppose it could be my isp but i have virgin internet 20mg speed which is the best one in the country (excluding their customer service)

but maybe in america you have better internet than us.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:18

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

Never have had a problem getting to this board! Ever.

And I hope that all the people who have newly joined are still here in the winter!!

Welcome newbies... and I hope everyone's computer is being friendly and embracing low-carb living!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:23
revcharlie

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I'm not a contributing member and I've have never had trouble on this site. Oops, pardon me, I did last night sometime around 1 or two in the morning - same time zone as Kisal, Pacific Daylight Time.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:33

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I've been on here two or three years now and I've NEVER had any trouble whatsoever.

sounds more like it's your computer or internet connection.

I hope the people ARE still here in the winter! And generally, it seems like they are, for the last couple of winters anyway
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-08, 19:51
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

The forum's host server has been running smoothly, so I doubt that would be causing you to have slow connection problems. For example, you can see that there are many new posts and other members online while you have been unable to access the site.

Your computer does not connect directly to the forum .. it will be routed through a number of network connections, called "hops". In my own case, there are 15 hops between my computer in Ontario Canada, and the forum's host server, which is located in Texas. Sometimes there will be "hangs" at one or more of the hops in between me and the host server, including my own local service provider.

That being said ...

Some of the biggest contibruters to hanging or slow loading of forum pages are images that are linked to another website .. especially the weight loss tickers and twinkly "glitter fonts" in member signatures. If those websites are slow, then it will take a long time to download the images in a thread on our site. You could try disabling images to see if that helps speed up page loading.

To disable images, go to your user Control Panel .. User CP on the left side of the menu bar above this thread. Choose Edit Options from the left menu, then in the Thread Display Options section, uncheck the Show Images box, under Visible Post Elements. Be sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

I do this every now and then, especially when reading long threads that have a lot of images, signatures with tickers or twinkly stuff. It's easy to switch images on and off. When you have images turned off, they will be replaced by a clickable link .. so you can click the link if you'd like to see the image

Just a thought

Doreen