Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1471   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 04:20

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz....sure hope you wake up this morning feeling much better. Sounds like you just had too much sun & fun! Maybe a day in the shade and napping on and off will just be the ticket for you today.

Nic....hope DS18 got the rest of his classes scheduled. It sounds like it was not an easy procedure. I had to laugh when you said you just wanted to take your bra off but can't because of all the people coming and going.

Trig.....so, did the green hair happen? I'm anxious to hear that story. Your DH sure has been doing a lot of long distance driving. Like you, I could not take that. It's good he enjoys it.

Blue......missing you. I suppose you have your nose to the grindstone with the writing again. Come up for air girl!

I'll be heading to the golf course around 8 this morning. Watching the weather forecast leads me to believe that we may not get to play tomorrow. We'll see. Showers & t-storms around, but hoping they wait until late afternoon to pop up.

Enjoying easing into my day. I went to bed before 8:30 last night. I think I was just drained from the funeral etc. I had a headache and my eyes were burning so said the heck with it and went to bed. Fell right to sleep. Feel fine this morning.

Enjoy your weekend!
Sponsored Links
  #1472   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 04:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, it sounds very sad but at least everyone got to give their goodbyes and some closure. The military honors are a killer too aren't they, when they played TAPS at Tony's Dad's funeral it just killed me. TAPS is just so music that means something is so final ya know.

Going to bed early is smart if ya feel icky like that. Long day and you needed rest...seems those storms we have now are going your way. Tstorms everywhere, wettest August ya know.

Very cool on the grandson following his path into baseball. Great career move to hit that school.

Nicco, I can't even imagine that nightmare of registering for your DS. my kid's HS was bad, can't even imagine college classes and more and everything starting soon now. ugh.

revolving door? I would be pulling my hair out on that around this house. I tell ya older I get the more alone time I need, in the house too LOL

Sick of food...omg I so get that one. So tired of it too and I know you got to feed alot of people all the time. More power to you on hanging in there but there is that point when food becomes obnoxious ya know.

Jaz...the beach party girl....getting too much fun in the sun. I hope you feel better fast and you will. Take a day and sleep it away and you will recover and be good to go again

HI Blue, what's shaking?

For me all is good. and a new TA DA...I dropped another 1/2 lb this morning. I feel wonderful. Scale just dumping little lbs now like crazy....I say keep going and going LOL I tell ya I think I got this new movement down the scale because I just feel so good inside....something is working right for me whatever it is I want it and let'er rip LOL

Kid swears she has Covid. OMG! I know what she has, the craps cause she ate that Mexican food. She wanted Hermano's Dip with her meal and it is queso cheese with strips of steak, chicken and shrimp in it. It is really tasty. She ate alot with chips....I also ate like 3 tablespoons to dip my ribeye I cooked for myself. Next day I had very small bathroom issues, yuk, but it was nothing, kid had full blown big D cramps and got all sicky and if me and her went down like that and hubby didn't eat any....it was that cheese dip crap point blank.

So no green hair. I said lets get it and she said nope, she ain't leaving the house and I said whatever.

She is up now and I said are we going now, early when they open....Nope. She ain't in the mood. So green hair? who knows LOL the kid don't care enough to put one step forward to get this green hair so??
Lazy teen to the max.

Cloudy, big Tstorms around. omg the rain and icky weather. Jaz I need some of your sun please here. ugh.

Hubby working today. Just local for the salesmen to drive cars around the lot and more.

I ain't doing much. Might do green hair run if kid changes her mind but me, ain't doing much cause I don't feel like it....few chores and done

over and out and be good ya'll
  #1473   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 06:27

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Saturday all!!-

Lori- your last two posts got to me! OMG- I agree with
Trig, when they play TAPS at a military funeral it just is heart strings!
It sounded like though it was tasteful and all. It is rough to lose parents I think.
As much as my mother is a PIA most times- she is still my mother. There is something about having the generation before you go.

On to other subjects- you are so killing it on your running. Are you finding the FB group to be helping you with all of that? I know you are paying for coaching. Is your coach certified?
I am curious with all of that.

Any plans to sis sis again?

Trig- OMG your posts are funny! You write the way you talk. Very to the point and funny. No BS there.

Stick me in the group that had the craps yesterday! See below! - So no fun!
I tell you....... You would LOVE this place!!! Hot humid- and total beach driven here. The golden news not many people. The heat is starting to get to me though!

I am amazed at your weight loss. Talk about rocking that out!!!! The absolute trick to going Carnivore is you must not cheat or it's doomed. You have it down!!!!!

What you are doing is not easy and not everyone can stick to it the way you have mastered it! I am SO SO SO proud of you. I know you feel good too and that is so important!!!!!! Lordy you are down almost 30?????

Yea- I am disappointed the kiddo didn't go with the green hair. I have seen kids in pink and I really think its cute. But you and the kiddo do not strike me as the girl in pink type! Hope she feels better.
When does she start school? Is she excited?

Nic- - So I am going to reach out to you off line about your job. Look for an email.
I hear ya on revolving door in the house. Oh do I remember those times. Love them because there will be a time the noise is gone, and then it gets to quiet!!!!

I sure the DS can get his classes together and get moving. I really think Covid has such a monkey wrench in process everywhere for everyone! Nothing is easy now. Hopefully in the next couple weeks things will settle into a routine!

When is DS21 leaving for NY- Nov. right? Where will he stay? Does he know anybody up there? Lucky it is not too far from you!!!

On new low for 2020!!!! You and Trig!!!!! So proud!!

I agree with you - I really do not care right now, nor have I ever cared how people lose weight. As long as we are happy and losing in a way we find works for us! Hence OUR WAY!!! - I think healthy is the key more than anything for 2020!!!!

Blue- take a breather my friend and let us know you are out there!!!
---------------------------------------------------------
Well last night it hit me hard. OMG sick!

The cumulative heat, humidity, booze, and then to take me over that cliff I splurged and ate the topping off a pizza that had extra CHEESE on it. It was dripping in cheese.
I have not had dairy in 2 months and - OMG talks about the big D with cramps, and bloat, sweats. URGHHHHHHH.

I am so over food right now. I love my son dearly- but he ate all day long. He actually is one of those people who CAN'T gain weight and his blood sugars tank if he is not eating all the time. The issue is he has some gut issues that he can't absorb fat.
So he can't eat a say something good like a burger and be done. Which is why he eats all day- he is always hungry.
Our time revolved around his eating schedule. He said he knows it bothers everyone- but he can't help it. Poor guy! I truly have seen him suffer. He struggles to keep weight on the way I struggle to take weight off!

Ok enough about food talk- over it. Back to self care here! I am taking a "down" day and not doing much. I brought a book- "The Beach house" by Jane Green. Good trash reading for the beach!!! HAHAHA-

I am ready for some cooler air and I don't think it will happen while I am here.
Everyday has been the same. Sunny hot, steamy STEAMY and more STEAMY. Oppressive heat actually. Heat index in the 100's.

So interesting fact about the humidity here. Those beautiful moss drapped trees here.... are sustained by the humidity. The Spanish moss is a succulent that absorbs moisture from the air. They thrive here. Believe it or not I never put that together!

Today is my day to clean up the condo a bit, do some reading, take the pup for a walk. Oh... another thing..... I can only take Bella out in the morning or evening, because the pavement can burn her paws.

I am also going to browse through jobs. I know this vacay- respite will not last forever. I did however extend my time though Sept. 19th.
Wow did my mom go off on that one! I did invite her down for a weekend if she would like but got told no. She has told me for years she has always wanted to come here and then hit up Driftwood beach and take pictures and frame them. She is angry I am here. I can't help that. I love it here too! I am not going to listen when she goes on her tangents. I know she is trapped and angry- I can't help that either.

I truly know that we all have a path. I can't walk anyones but my own. I also can't own baggage that is not mine, I have enough. Take my kids for instance, I have a live your life mentality with them. I can't fix their stuff- but I can support them in what they do!

Well I am now rambling on..... just taking a rest day. MIGHT take a walk MAYBE.
I have fresh scallops and broccoli I need to use. So not into to food right now, gut still wonky.

Off however for another cup of coffee. Had lemon water when I woke up and that helped a lot!!!

have a good one!
  #1474   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 06:59

BF:

wow Jazz, that dairy nails your butt to the wall doesn't it?

2 months off dairy and ya go all in with extra cheese, wow, your insides musta said, WTF? and decided to kill you.

I feel bad for ya with dairy being so bad to you cause for me that tiny bit of cheese in my life is a good thing ya know....I wish you could handle it but like you said, everyone has to walk their own walk in life, ain't that the truth and do what we must to make it work or just sink. It is just up to each of us to find our own way thru it all.

I am glad tho you are on the mend.

browsing jobs? I mean would you consider something in St Simon area if you found it? Just curious cause I was really thinking this new position offered was like a dream job worth waiting for?

and Sept 19 you have at the beach...omg I am so jealous LOL yes I am

ZC loves my body. I love zc. I mean I am now being very tight on this plan and it always suited me so I am truly thriving on it but yea, I can't cheat, no one can on this plan because if you do you lose all the 'balance' of what zc is all about ya know.

I am actually down....drum roll... 40.4 lbs. as of this morn. that little 1/2 lb drop I got today put me into the 40 mark gone.
I will take it, but remember again LOL I had to re-lose the 30 I gained so....but now I am in the 'new lbs being lost' range and I am loving it.

Hubby had scallops last night.....I bet you are so not into food right now but your tummy will come around, just make sure you stick to that eating plan you do so well on.

for me too I had to watch the booze. I was having my pool party rum drinks a bit too much. My body was starting to feel icky and I had to stop and now I feel alot better, but hey, my summer rum drinks are still calling my name LOL
  #1475   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 09:22

BF:

OMG TRIG!!!!!!
40 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so so so happy for you!!!!!!
You truly have worked for it. It has not been easy. You made up your mind and didn't look left or right. You just stuck to it and now reaping the reward!

PLEASE go buy SOMETHING that fits and shows off your new shape!!!! You deserve it! Go HOT MOMMA!!!!!!

Yes......I know you can "do dairy"......It nails me to the wall and back!!!!! But hey I knew the risk when I shoved it in my pie hole. I just didn't think it would be as bad as it was!
My body totally rejected it. I feel inflamed totally right now- and gut is beat up. But hey- give me a day or two to eat clean and rest. I will not go there again.

Yup- here until Sept. 19th.
About the job browse it is my dream job. But I might need an interim something until it is viable. Ya know just something maybe part time to get insurance until this comes to fruition. Trust me I love being here and can totally stay until they tell me to come there and start.
I live for the beach, sound of waves, sand and salt air- yup it is a life style I can totally vibe with.
  #1476   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 09:52

BF:

thanks....just doing what is working for me LOL best I can do.

can't buy new stuff yet, still shopping out of my closet...waiting til later and more lbs gone to shop then.

I hate buying things and then slim down out of them, but I like the slim out of them, but not them in the drawer collecting dust, like my hard earned money is just hanging out and I can't use it ya know HAHA

You know I am going to say this and I have NO IDEA on any of it......but what about 'vegan cheese'??? I don't have a clue what this might taste like AT ALL but if you were to search and buy some vegan cheese and it had ANY type of decent taste?? might it be something you might eat? I mean I think they have all kinds, cheddar taste, mozz taste and more so??? again no clue on it but maybe like Whole Foods or the like would have vegan cheese and if you try it you gotta let us all know what it is like

I have no idea, it just popped into my head...any way to get some cheese maybe into your life...but taste would be everything on that one I think LOL

I bet you are inflamed for sure. But eat clean and let the body detox off that and you will be ok....you are at the beach, you must be ok fast to enjoy it all
  #1477   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 13:42

BF:

WINK..... I am feeling better! had 1/2 gallon lemon water and went for walk!

Hey I bought a bike!!!!!!- I finally got on FB market place- what a deal I got!!!! Exactly what I was looking for at the price better than what I was prepared to spend!

Ok....... feeling so much better!
  #1478   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 16:36

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! I am about to play catch up. I've done several hours of computer work today. I'm co-Admin of a group on FB that is part of the Buy Nothing Project (look it up!) and our group was part of a Sprout- as groups get too big they split up. Part of that means that all members have to quit their current group and be readmitted into the group or placed in their new groups based on their address. So we are processing about 500 members over the next few days!

That means my steps have been CRAZY LOW today though- less than 2K at 6:10 pm, so after I write this I will go out for a stroll. Well, maybe. My watch says it is going to rain.

Aaaand it is sprinkling. Oh well. That being said, it is only 73 out and feels just a touch Fall-ish outside. Oooh I can hardly wait!! Lord knows it doesn't feel school-starting-like in 2020!

Jaz- Very cool about the bike. FB marketplace is great! I've gotten several things on there. Enjoy it!

You asked about DS21- he still has one semester of college to go. He will go to NYC in Feb 2021 assuming life hasn't blown up even more by then.

Wondering what type of job you might look for while you are there. Do you have ideas?

Lori- That funeral does sound truly heartbreaking. That was a rough day for you.

Your grandson is doing the right thing if he truly wants to play baseball. Sometimes you just gotta chase your dreams! Sounds like a great opportunity for him to do so.

Trig- WHOO HOO!! I do think you are right, your body was doing some healing and you were probably breaking through a set point of sorts too and now you can be in free fall! FORTY POUNDS!!! ENJOY!!

Sorry your DD had the craps. I do love some good queso!
Wondering if she got motivated enough to go get the green hair dye or not!

Vegan cheese???!! UGH!!

Blue- missing you, girl!!
•••••••••

DS21 is off for pre-wedding festivities tonight. In the age of C-19 it is just renting a house for the night, with the wedding the following day. He's a groomsman. He cannot get over the fact that some of his peers are already married or getting married!

Hopeful for DS18 that he can get signed up for the rest of his classes on Monday or Tuesday via his Advisor's help. The boy is trying! He emailed her Thursday and Friday, to no avail. I am really proud that he is stepping up and emailing etc.

Tomorrow I need to run to the store, then I work from 3-7PM.

Today I was super LC--- coffee with a couple of carbs allotted, other than that I had 2 eggs, 3 slices of bacon, one thin cut ribeye with a TB of butter and salt, and a serving of keto ice cream (about 2 carbs worth, tops.) Finished up by 4:30 PM.

Guess that is about it for this random, disjointed post!
  #1479   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 17:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

I'm all caught up and ready to roll.

Lori---Sorry about your DIL'S dad. Very touching story about his granddaughter. A big loss for her, but also when the pain of that ebbs, what a great gift of a special relationship. Most of grands were gone by the time I was 8. My sweet grandfather was with us till I was 20, but he lived in another town so other than holidays etc, there really wasn't the time or place to develop such a close friendship. I think the young ones and the old ones can have so much to say to each other---and without the layer of parents in-between. There is a saying---"Why do grandchildren and grandparents get along so well?" Answer: They have a common enemy." My son and my mom were so close and they both used to laugh conspiratorially over that quote.

8 miles! Wow. So impressive.

Nic---Well, I had no idea what a derecho was, never heard the term. So googled it and it sounds like a storm of bad things. Feel so bad for your ILs. All that driving and anticipation of a good family time only to have this happen. SIGH. 2020 is a humdinger of a challenging year. Still, sounds like their damage wasn't too horrible, so that is a bit of a relief for you guys I hope.

The thing with T sounds SO frustrating. I've got to believe these on-line systems are very over loaded and stressed at this point. Not to mention this is all easier done with in person guidance. Still and thankfully, this will pass and before we blink a couple more times he will be starting his freshmen year in college. SIGH. I can hardly believe it. I remember the young kid you brought with you to the Twin Cities. Again, see, you blink, and look what happens.

Trig---Just want you to know, I absolutely heard your post about you and I back in the day, when we both swore to each other we wouldn't "go back." Yet we both did, but then you went back in a good way too. Back to a woe that after so much struggle, finally works so brilliantly for you.

Wow, wow. 40 pounds down! 2.75 in August alone. That is remarkable at our age and given how hard it can be to lose at a certain point. But what's even cooler than what the scale says, to me, is how happy and healthy you feel. I am so freaking proud of you, and yes, SO JEALY too, but in a good way of happiness for you. You have found your sweet spot and how! When I'm ready, and I'm simply not right now, that is going to inspire the hell out of me. I won't do it like you do, but I know that when I do it my way, it can result in the same great outcome. You've really got me thinking, girl. Haha, I do a lot of thinking these days. Look forward to putting that into motion one of these fine days.

Jaz---OMG, that is just the most gorgeous place you lassoed for yourself!!! I am enjoying the heck out of your pix. So cool you've had this lovely week with your son, and now it's time for just you and what you want out of the rest of your "homeless and unemployed journey." Haha, that really made me laugh.

I also think it's a good sign that your future boss stay in touch and keeps you updated. I dunno, but imo, these things take time, north or south. I have had clients call me about a job in February and then not hear from them again till October. Things get back burnered, or complicated and we have no idea what's happening behind closed doors. I've always been amazed when I get those calls 6 freaking months later saying "Let's go!" as if no time has passed.

Agree with Lori. If you want a good walking/running shoe---meaning you are committed to doing a fair amount of it---it is best to go get fitted at a store that specializes in that, and yeah, maybe put out some bucks for the right shoe. Sore feet are the worst! And imo, walking on sand is one of places that will most cause you pain anywhere from your knees down if you're not used to it. I remember once having the WORST shin splints on a beach vacation from getting all enthusiastic about walking the beach every day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we heard back from our content editor and yes, that has caused my absence here, once again. As always with a critique, there was the good and bad, but one tends to concentrate on the bad, ya know? As it is that that must change.

I felt she did a good job and agreed on 80% of what she suggested---which resulted in an intense week of once again, revising and restructuring Part 1. We will have a zoom with her on Monday to continue the conversation, and there was much to do to prepare for that.

So again it's not that I don't have a minute to spare, it's just that if I do the last thing I want to do is write a thing! I am taking the weekend off from the book, as we feel prepared for our Monday zoom with her after a week of much work. Feels like a national holiday to me, LOL.

Geez, I feel like I'm back in school. Good news on that is it makes me feel younger and very productive.
  #1480   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 17:48

BF:

Nic- - Hoping you would show that smiling face of yours here today!

Very cool about DS21 going to NYC. Do you have a place in mind for him to stay?
Is this a school thing like intern or a perm job? Either way very cool!
Trust me- his wedding time is coming !!!! My DS31 still has not found "the one". He is not even dating right now! It is hard for him. I think that is why he calls his momma every day!!!! - My god that boy needs a wife!!!!

All-
I have just been "allowed" to get on FB market place. I am thinking they thought I was a spam/bot entry. I do not have a real pic up of me for family reasons that involve the ex and his wife. No thank you.

Anyway- I wrote to FB and asked for full privileges and I finally got it.
So what a AWESOME find on that bike for 150.00. The brakes and wires, and pads, and chain were replaced and the bike itself is less than a few years old and hardly ridden. It was kept in a garage no rust. The gears on it were checked out and they work awesome. A very SMOOTH ride.
The only thing I don't care for is the seat. Thing is it already is a big bottom seat. My bottom isn't the issue. It is the thing on the seat that fits the front. It is not padded and its uncomfortable.
I will get used to it. If not she tossed in another seat for me to try.

I have gotten some riding time in today about 40 minutes. It was so cool to get back on a bike!

Tired- going to Netflix some
  #1481   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 18:09

BF:

Blue- Awesome we are ALL IN THE HOUSE TODAY!!!! - I know you have been working your tail off lately!!!!
the writing thing is a mixed bag. I love it for pleasure. But let me tell you I KNOW what you are going through with sentence structure and the whole bit. Paragraphs have to be structured a certain way...... yada yada yada (which isn't even a real word!)

It was that part of school papers that just got to me. I can sit down and free form random thoughts and ideas and even a subject and do well. It won't be structurally correct I am sure of that. I had so many "red pen" marks on my work I could scream.
Then there is .......GOD FORBID you quote someone. Which for professional papers you have to have so many references per assignment. If you did the citations wrong- anther red mark.

I feel ya my friend! I so do! I can't wait to hear you are published. I heard it is like delivering a baby!

Sit back and put up your feet!

I agree..... when you are ready to move the WOE to the front of the bus you will!!!!!

I think it cool you are working during this time! So many people are struggling to find something to do.
Write when you can!!!!

Yup- you are right about not over doing the beach walks! My legs needed a beach break today! So I rode my new bike instead! HA
  #1482   ^
Old Sat, Aug-15-20, 19:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Jaz---

I have never met a bike that didn't hurt in the butt and yes, crotch area, until you get used to it. Part of it I think is learning how to settle yourself into that seat and note what does and doesn't work. Nice that she included another seat to try, and you should. You never know till you try. Is there a lot of basically "smooth" areas to ride there, in that you aren't faced w/huge hills?

Used to ride w/hubby and it was the hills that stopped that for me. LOL, he'd be at the top of any one of many hills, just whistling in the wind waiting for me to crank myself up to meet him. Have to be honest to say, I'm not that kind of biker, I don't like hills---except for going down them which is of course, always great fun.

Hubby has started to ride his bike again, and I'm happy for him. Hahahahaha, he actually has gained a little tummy for the first time in his life since the Co-vid, and he is horrified by it. I OTOH, am enjoying it immensely,

The thing on the book is when I say "structure" I'm not talking about sentence revisions or wording. It's a whole bigger thing. It's all about is your writing as it is moving the story along? And if not, what to do about it? Which requires MAJOR re-writing, not just changing a word or sentence here and there. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to write, like you---and btw, you have some real talent at it. But it turns out that in writing a novel, being able to write well is not what it's about.

And Lord knows, I've read SO MANY books during the Co-Vid that make this abundantly clear. These days it's really all about the story/plot, and moving that along at a good pace. SIGH. I think many of my fave books from yesteryear would not be published today---simply because time was taken in the prose.

Still, my co-author and I are determine to do both---good story, good writing. The really great thing for me with this project is that I have SUCH AN EXCELLENT partner. Who knew one could actually write a novel together?!?! But it is becoming more and more common. In fact, I just finished a book by two women that has been optioned by Amblin---Steven Spielberg's production company.

And at this point I feel spoiled by having a partner in this and don't know if I'd ever attempt it by myself again. Been there, wrote a novel by myself. It's a lonely business, writing a book, when you're in it all alone. Who to turn to when you're totally stuck and stymied? Now, I always have someone to turn to who is as interested in our story as I am. What a gift.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sat, Aug-15-20 at 19:09.
  #1483   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 04:19

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz....hope you enjoy the bike. It looks like a beauty! Will you have to get a bike rack for your car when you move on to the next adventure? I don't enjoy biking because of the painful areas that you mentioned. I always say it hurts my "oonie". I think I got that word from an episode of the Golden Girls. Sophia was telling Dorothy how much she hurt her "oonie" when she was born. I wouldn't set off on a 25 mile ride today......ease into it!

Trig...40 lbs!!!!! That is flippin' fantastic. I will echo everyone else in saying the most awesome part is how good you are feeling. I'm trying to absorb some of your "mojo". I just keep blathering on about losing another 10 lbs and just don't get after it. You are an inspiration!

Still wondering about the green hair? Hope DD got over her intestinal distress and felt better yesterday.

Nic....It is eye opening for kids when their friends start doing all these adult things like getting married! Makes the parents heads spin too, doesn't it?
Sorry DS18 is having such a time getting his classes scheduled. Hope everything falls into place this coming week.

Blue....awesome update! I can't imagine writing a book. I wouldn't know where to start....so impressive! Having a partner through it all has to be a huge help. Someone to bounce ideas off of and to help when you're stuck.
-------
Another day on the golf course. I played the front 9 really well yesterday and then fell apart on the back. Sigh.......seems like it's always the way. Today we are playing with my friend's brother and another guy from the course. There are some showers around, but I don't think it will be an issue. The first rule of golf for women - "If there is a chance of rain, don't wear a white shirt"

Ok.....another cup of coffee and a bite of breakfast. Have good days!
  #1484   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 04:50

BF:

Nicco, yea I thought of vegan cheese for Jazz since she can't handle dairy at all......anyone ever taste vegan cheese? LOL I have no clue on it, how could it taste like cheese truly? But I thought if she experimented maybe she might like it and it would work a little when she wanted some cheese?

OMG WHAT WAS THINKING? vegan cheese, how dare I even write those words

I get your DS21 cause I would never consider marriage at such a young age, even at 32 when I got married I was still thinking I was too young for any of that mess

Jazz enjoy that new bike!! Glad you are feeling better!

Blue, yea I am glad you know me and you can't go back. No matter if we walk towards it we then have to pull back and hold LC come heck or highwater

So cool reading about the book and what it takes. Sounds very all consuming. I think a monster project like this would take your mind off other things like tackling your lc plan and more. I sure get that and of course we need mojo to write a book, a ton of it I would think....when the timing is right you will flip your mojo around as you need it. But your life sounds good with your interests in this book and the hard work it entails...keep on writing!!

Lori...omg too funny!! The first rule of golf for women - "If there is a chance of rain, don't wear a white shirt"

hope your have a dry golf game today!!

yea that last 10 is a killer. I think also we are feeling good ya know about our goal area and why kill yourself to knock off another 10, even tho we want the 10, but we look good and feel good, so is that last 10 that important? but yea it is LOL I don't know....I will be fighting the last lbs in the future and I know, I will be just like you....does it matter? yes it does? and the last `10 we always know are the worst

So guys....no green hair yet. She said Sunday...place opens at 11. I said if we are gonna do it then we are gonna get there early.....we shall see. Thing is the kiddo wants stuff but won't go one inch to get it accomplished ya know.
ugh teens but she feels better, all that nasty cheese came thru

Just cruising along on zc. Feel wonderful. All good.
Got me a ribeye defrosting and chicken later for tonight.

I got to hit me a great sale on shrimp. I am out in the freezer and I do rely on it....come on sale!!

not sure what the day will bring. alot of rain today with tstorms mixed in and shoot me, it is friggin' cold this morning out there. only in the 80s which stinks, I want 90s and sun. If summer starts to leave too soon I am gonna be ticked

SOS kinda day...same'ol sh**.....heehee

everyone be good!!
  #1485   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-20, 07:16

BF:

Oh happy whatever today is!

Trig- Not to make you Jelly- hot, humid, intense HEAT again. Just another day in paradise!!! I honestly wish it would drop to 80's here!

Cheese- yes believe it or not I have been so desperate to try Vegan cheese. They are all GROSS and don't melt. So I just gave up and stopped.The best was Cho cheese. It sells for 7 bucks a pack of 10 slices. It still is NOT cheese.

You know I have not missed it for almost two months! I just don't know what I was thinking! IT will be longer before I go down that road again!!!!
Speaking of - glad your kiddo is feeling better!

I am on edge here about the green hair! -

Lori- - OMG that is funny about rain and white shirts. I feel like such a lousy goosey in those regards. I think I have have a bra on only one day. Grant you I am in swim suits most of the days.
But even if not I toss on a dark colored tank and shorts and let them fly- I could care less.

Oh- and when they "perk up" don't care about that either. Nobody wears clothes down here. It is a very natural place.
I can't remember a time I went more than 2 days without make up.
No make here at all. My face is tan now- so just a brush of lip stick if at all.

I am in the water so much it just comes off in a mess- why bother?

Enjoy your game!!!

Blue- awesome explanation of your story!!!! For some reason I thought you were writing a political book. Lordy knows we have enough of those out there.
Speaking of writing, I was thinking of your writing as I cracked my novel last night. I actually was looking to see in "what person" the writer was using. I also watched as she then "let"the character speak. It almost wasn't fun.
But the book started off where the reader is introduced to the character in 3 person. That is not my favorite style and it was noticeable.

Is your pool closed now? I know you are feeling Fall in the air! I finally feel like I have a summer now!!!! In everyday!!!!! The best way! When you look on the map, I am right next door to Beaufort.

OMG that is funny about hubby having a tummy! I would be chuckling too!!!! Good for him to get out on his bike!
Yes - this place is MADE for bikes. There are more bikers than cars! They designed this island to have trails on every road. The bike lanes are large. I would say most of the people here drive golf carts anyway. It really is that kinda place!
Flat Flat Flat!!!!!
Yup it is going to take some getting used to having ANTHING THERE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- OMG did I just write that! HAHA

Nic-- I know once stuff gets settled with school and all so will you! So happy though you are sticking to your WOE and back to low 2020 weight/ where you want to be!

I also picked up a glucometer. I need to pick up more strips. I think that is a great tool. You can truly see where food effects you.
You and I could eat the same food and mine would spike and yours would be stable. It is so telling how your body handles carbs.
I picked one up because I dance on that fine line! I don't handle carbs and could / should be a diabetic if it were not for LC!!!

You know Halle Berry- Fit and Beautiful Halle- is 54 and drop dead gorgeous. She is a type 1 - and has pretty much been on a LC lifestyle her entire life! She is a poster child for how you CAN life with and MANAGE diabetes simply by watching what you put in your mouth!

Update when you can! Is everyone gone now? Does your hubby get to work from home at all anymore?

Oh yea..... I want a email chat up about your doula work! I am on island time however and have not yet gotten to it! HAHAHA it's coming! The beach, sun, sand, and now biking have pulled my attention from anything related to a job!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am in a peppy mood. Slept well and woke up ready and happy for today!
I will walk the beach today, hit up the pool and when the heat goes down ride for about 30 min. after dinner.

Yup- I loved Lori's oonie word! Yup that is where I need to get used to it. Yeaaaaaaa.........
That being said. I truly was in the very best shape ever when I was working out and riding my bike everywhere. So it feels truly amazing to get back on the bike.

I couldn't do it in Atlanta- not compatible with bikes. Here it is expected. I can tell you- now that I am not tied to a house, I can go wherever I want.
I will not be going back to Atlanta. Been there done that twice. I am over that big city life. I have figured that out already. Bumper to bumper traffic, smelling exhaust is not the life for me.
Whatever job I get I am going to rent a small place until it is evident to me I'm staying. Even then if I am expected to travel alot- it may not be a good idea at this point to maintain a property.

I am ok with renting for another couple years. I do know that I will not have people on a floor above me. I will take a townhouse or the top floor.

For everyday I am here I am feeling stronger than I have felt in a very long time. My body is responding (sans the cheese) in a super positive way.
I feel my legs building some strength. I am going to to measure me today. I feel like I am losing a few - ever so slight inches!!!
No scale loss. But I jumped out of bed- put the music on and danced all the way to the coffee pot!

Found a radio station here that plays my "old lady rock" Ok- so yea- this 80's gal will always live there! Music has never been the same since the 90's. There have been a few new bands- nothing I would pay to see.

I was listening to the music loud yesterday, windows rolled down, ponytail flying. They played a John Lennon song- it made me sorta sad to think some had taken him so young. To think he was all about peace. I wonder what he would be like if he were living today!

I made crab cakes last night that took me to Delaware!!!!!! I was able to get a 1 pound can! Used the Old bay crab cake mix and baked them. I got 6 NICE size cakes out of them. Super LC and served with a side of slaw I made too, heaven on a plate.
Not much cooking today- leftover cakes and scallops I must cook up. Can you think of anything better with fresh lime? So beach life!
I am so going to miss this place. I can absolutely see me forever living this lifestyle .
Just need to find me a sugar daddy here! HA- Ok..... enough day dreaming...... time to finish the coffee and hit the beach before the sun melts me!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Aug-16-20 at 07:24.