Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#571   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 05:07

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I want your boundless energy

---------off to moms later wtih kiddo
hubby working but he is cool with it.
having Cajun chicken thighs and sides for family.
will be good visit with Rich to see what he's been up to.

freakin' freezin' outside. got fireplace roaring.

OMG COME ON!!! Big wind. I hate COLD wind LOL
So close, we are SO SO close ya know warm weather needs to just come and stay!

ok nothing else doing, just leaving later and see where the day goes.

be good everyone, check in later to chat up after you guys post!
Sponsored Links
  #572   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 06:20

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, all! Happy Saturday!

Trig- Have a good time with your Mom and Rich. We've had that cold wind too and it has been pretty awful. Supposed to be really nice going into tomorrow though. Hopefully we are turning a corner.

Are you guys doing anything for Easter, either with your Mom or just at your home?

Lori- Go you with your boundless energy! I gotta say I am jealous. I can tell I am heavy bc I am dragging a bit. I know I will feel better in another day or so.

Good on you with your workouts and chores AND taking care of Betty!

DD's and my plan (is that grammatically correct?) is to choose a step or two and do it for a month. For me it is focusing on low carb whole foods, and doing meal prep so that I have food ready. Also making an effort to be active and move, but I am going carefully with that- my Achille's tendon is swollen and sore and the last thing I want to do is rupture that tendon. She is also doing low carb (but allowing things like fruits so a higher carb level than I) and being active.

Jaz- Scar cream- remind of me that in a few days, will you? Right now it is still too open to put anything on it except bacitracin.

I bet you are going to sleep in today. That schedule change was harsh! Sounds like overall the job is going pretty well though. I hope so!

•••••••••••

I'm enjoying the house all to myself for a couple of days. Dh went to work yesterday adn then straight to Annapolis to take his shift for parent care until midweek. DS22 is in NC until Sunday night. So it is just me and the dogs. I'm sort of loving it!

Easter dinner menu will be the usual bc it is so easy- salad, filet, crab cakes. I'll set out shrimp and artichoke dip as appetizers. All of that will fit in to DD's and my challenge.

I got nearly 10k steps in yesterday. I wasn't going to walk bc it was super windy and 44º but I needed to get some more bandages for my arm. Even though the stitches are out, it is open enough that it doesn't want to be uncovered. So I walked to the Walgreens and back, just bundled up and put in AirPods and listened to a podcast. Wearing a mask on a cold day (I use the two layer cloth kind) really helps with wind chill!

I cleaned yesterday. Today I will run to an uncrowded grocery, probably Sprouts, to grab a few things that I need. I already have the filet and crab meat etc. I want to get a cucumber, a baguette for the dip, some artichoke hearts and some shrimp. I think that is all I need.

I have a ribeye out for a meal today, and yesterday I made cheeseburger soup so I am good to go.

55º today so I will get out to poop scoop and move some branches and sticks out of the yard etc. I have some people coming by from my Buy Nothing group as well to pick up some stuff and a couple of pieces of furniture.
  #573   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 06:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

So much for my boundless energy of yesterday......back to my tired ass self today. Up at 3:30AM.....I wake up and there's no more sleep for me.

It is freezing....in the 20's this morning. Ridiculous! Heading to the golf course today and we'll be lucky if the temps get to mid 50's. I'll start with 4 layers and hope to be able to peel some off at some point. I'm cold just thinking about it.

Tomorrow we're going to a different course.....hopefully it'll be a bit warmer.

I was thinking about doing a Pahla workout this morning before golf, but since I was up so early, a nap sounds better.

That's it from here. Have a great Saturday!
  #574   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-21, 09:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Yes Chickies this momma hen slept in!!!!!!! OMG it felt wonderful!
Woke up to a cold condo! I didn't turn on any heat before bed. It was 63 in here! Heat running full tilt now! I can't stand cold!

BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! Bright sunshine BUT slightly cool. It is one of those weird sensations where the sun is warm and the air is cool. Awesome recipe to get burned! Sunscreen for sure today.

Nic- If I start driving NOW I might make it by the time those crab cakes are ready!!!! OH YUM. I have a 1/2 pound of fresh crab as well. I just have not yet made them. I sure want to now after reading your post!

I bet you are loving having a few hours of house to yourself!!!!!! something so peaceful about that!!!!!!!

It has taken me forever to get this post together.......

TRIG/LORI- back in a bit to finish this lame post.....
  #575   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-21, 03:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Man......I crashed & burned last night. I was in bed at 8:15! I had been up so darn early yesterday morning and then played golf all day.....I was wiped out! We got take out for dinner and then boom....I was down for the count.

I woke up this morning with a bit of a headache. I hope some water & coffee will take care of it. Golfing today again, at a different course. Should be fun, providing the headache subsides.

Nic.....hope you enjoyed your alone time. Sounds like you'll have a nice Easter dinner today.....sounds so good.

That is scary to have your Achilles feeling swollen & sore. Are you still on the antibiotics? I wonder how long the tendon rupture side effect hangs on after you're finished taking them? It's just amazing to me that a pill can have that side effect.

Trig....Did you have a nice visit with your brother & Mom? How long will he be staying? Is he the one who lives in Georgia?

Jaz.....Thanks for sending the pics from your days adventure. How is your weather looking for today?

-------

Well, I woke up hungry this morning, so off I go to dig around the kitchen. Have good days!
  #576   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-21, 06:27

BF:

Lori, food water and coffee hopefully gets rid of your little headache so you can enjoy golf today. Wow you are golfing in this colder weather and doing ok cool. I am still surprised how cold we are down here. Hope your day goes good for you, wear layers and peel as ya go LOL

Jazz did ya eat your crab? yum! Getting into your new computer job routine? probably need a bit more time. hopefully weather will turn fast now and warm up, still cold here darn it...ugh. Outer Banks trip, so worried that ocean wind will be SO damn cold but fingers crossed!

Nicco, a few days to yourself. Sweet. Sounds like you got a nice easter planned! Enjoy.

---------------nothing doing here but Happy Easter to all!
Kid said no candy so that was cool. She has enough crap in the house and said an easter bunny means nothing to her now LOL OK, fine by me

we are doing nothing for easter. No dinner plans that are extra, not going to moms since went there yesterday and no one wants to do anything.....we are putting 'easter fun' on our trip to the Outer Banks when we leave Friday. Kid said she wants to shop a bit and just buy her a few things if she seems them for her easter presents. Yup, again cool by me.

got Tbones defrosting for me, not sure what family will eat but will pair up with shrimp. I don't even bother 'planning dinners' cause when that roll arounds who knows what 'they want carb junk' so we just go with the flow in the house on who eats what and when. suits me.

Fun time with Rich and mom yesterday. ate 5 chicken thighs. had fun visit and all good on that front.

hubby to mow his mom's place later
I am in rv doing a few things
other than that easy day.

sunny but darn darn cold! bleck.

over and out and enjoy the day all
  #577   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-21, 07:02

BF:

Happy Easter Friends!

Yesterday just got away from me, totally. By the time I got back to the condo I way tuckered out! I love to explore. I can't wait to tell you all about this place I found!
It's called Gould's Inlet. You should Google it! It's where the island and the sea meet! It is located on the most northern part of the island and is know for turtles and birds. It has the most beautiful dunes. Not real beach for swimming- but a spectacular sight to see the swirling waters as they meet! It's very windy there. I needed more clothes on as I only had on shorts and a tee shirt!

I am planning to go back today- better dressed. I will sent pic's!!!!

Then I visited the place called "Bloody Marsh". It is the place where the Spanish war ended. Interesting really.

Warmer here today- and again a brilliant blue sky that begs me to get out in it! Hard to stay in when it's this pretty!

Got back yesterday to find my neighbor ladies sitting in a circle in the yard in-between the buildings. They saved me a seat! Melts my heart! One of them put an Easter basket on my door this morning. So sweet. Granted I tossed the jelly beans- but it was a sweet gesture.

NIC- Are you having issues from your antibiotic? I must have missed that. I need to go back and reread your post! I thought all was good!!!!!
Rest up and enjoy your empty house- you have a few more hours!!!

Lori- I get how playing golf all day would tired you out. I am wondering if you are getting enough water.....ie headache??? Do you take water with you? Good rule of thumb is a bottle an hour! But then you would need to find a ladies room! GRHHH- how does that work on a golf course. Never thought about that before?
Do water up though!

Are you doing anything else today special?

Trig- How long is Bro going to stay? Where does he stay when he and the family come? Are you heading out to your mom's today?
Of course I assume you will have steak!
Does the kiddo go with you to your mom's?

Should be warm and pretty there today!!!!! Enjoy some sunshine! Recharge!!!!!!!!

Blue- Happy Easter!
---------------------------------------------------------
I made a roast last night- pulled it out of the oven at 10:30 right before bed. I just wanted everything done so today would be a cook free day! I got my wish!

Have a great day ladies!!!!!!
  #578   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-21, 07:03

BF:

TRIG- we cross posted! Sounds like a awesome day you have on tap!!!!!!!!!
Hey you have a trip coming!!!!
  #579   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-21, 14:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, I love all the adventures that you are having. Also it is so nice that the group of ladies have been so nice and inclusive. Things are really looking bright for you this spring!

Trig, Easter baskets and so on are over here now as well. Usually we don't do much of anything at all, but with Dh's brother and his family gone, we are doing an Easter dinner this year. I don't know if I have ever done this before. I don't think so. It should be good though and then DH will be driving them back home and staying there!

Glad you had a good time with your Mom and Rich.

Lori, No, I'm not on the antibiotic anymore, thank goodness! I filled out an appointment form to see a podiatrist, and hopefully I can get in next week. My Achilles tendon was already a little tender anyway but not this much. I've also got a bone spur that developed on the side of my right foot where I hit it hard on the stairs back when I fell and that bothers me too. Gonna get everything I can out of this appointment!

I'm not surprised you go to sleep early with all the activity and outdoor air that you get. You are such a healthy chick! Mornings are chilly here but the days are warming up nicely this week. I love spring!

Hey Blue!

••••••••••••••

Today I have been a busy busy bee. I had a long list of things to do, from food prep and cooking, to cleaning, to yard clean up. I have it all done and I'm a proud gal!

The meal should be fabulous.

Also loving that I got so much done today and tomorrow will be more of a rest day. DS22 comes back tonight. I have enjoyed my alone time but got a little bored last night so I will be glad to have someone home. I did REALLY enjoy the alone time during the day though and not having to wear headphones to listen to videos etc.

DS19 registers for classes tomorrow. I'll be curious to see what he is taking and if he took any agency in picking his own classes or not.

Hugs to all!
  #580   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-21, 03:08

BF:

Good Morning!

Up too early and hungry already. Sigh...Scale is staying in my goal range, so it's all good. I'm not doing any fasting right now.....just not into it. Listening to my body and feeding her when she hollers.

Golf again today.....and tomorrow. I'll be ready for a break by Wednesday. It looks like the weekend may be a washout, so we have to get some rounds in when we can.

The only thing on my agenda this week is my 2nd C-vax on Thursday. I had a massage scheduled for this afternoon, but canceled it. I didn't want the stress of watching the time while playing golf and being afraid I'd miss my appt.

--------

Trig.....sure hope the weather is fantastic for your upcoming trip. I think you leave on Friday? How long will you be there? Just exciting to be getting away.

Jaz.....What's on tap with your job this week? Is training finished. I think you said you'd be joining a "team" to get started. Hope it's a good week!

Nic......How was dinner yesterday? Sure sounded fab. Hope you get in to the podiatrist and he can help you with your tendon and bone spur issues.

Blue....What's up? Hope to hear from you soon.

Time to get some food in my belly.
  #581   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-21, 06:09

BF:

Good morning Morning!

Yes it's a work day for sure! I am going to the nursing team to learn their software this week!
The only thing that is ruffling my feather right now is they are asking me to get my licience for all 50 states.
That would mean I have to do extra CEU on MY TIME- and pay for everything upfront.
I am not right happy over all this. It is ALOT to get done on MY time. Hell California alone is 400.00 just for the Cert.
People were complaining about that on Friday. I foresee some people quitting over this.
Thankfully I can put this on a credit card and get reimbursed. But truthfully I should have to.....they should pay upfront.

Today- it's just Beautiful!
TRIG- you are getting your wish with warm weather!!!!! Going to be hitting near 90's this week! YAY on warm weather!

Are you getting your RV up and Spring ready? Hey when do you travel again?
You have a very awesome weekend it sounds like!

NIC- I am glad you are off those antibiotic and you are healing up nicely. I am still thinking about what you went through. GADS girl!!!!!
BTW- Loved the pic! You appear so happy - and all dressed up! I so can't wear white pants- I would look like the marshmallow man!
You pulled it off fabulously.

What does your week look like?

Lori- I so love you are back on the course. I bet your poor hubby rolls his eyes when the course opens up! Sorta like when husbands disappear when football season starts!

When are you getting your second vaccine?
I heard most people are tired the next day.
----------------------------------------------------------
WOE- right on point-

gotta run!
  #582   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-21, 06:47

BF:

Nicco it will be cool to see if he took the effort for his classes My kid is in that stage of 'won't do anything' for herself, even if it truly benefits her and is a responsibility, omg she is in no man's land at this point....drives me batty but eh, this too shall change! Rude young adult waking for them all like we had to do LOL

Glad you enjoyed your day, hope your food turned out fab!!

Jaz, yea 'extra work' is crazy and footing the bill upfront for certs is painful but reimbursement comes AND you get reward points on your credit card LOL why not right LOL

I ain't that lucky with big temps. My trip to Outer Banks is about a high of 66-70....no big whoop on that but no rain kinda except for a passing shower so hopefully as Friday comes to leave they change the temps up higher, be nice for me of course Enjoy your fab weather, I know I would be!!

Lori, so agree. omgosh I need a change of scenery SO bad. Will take anything right now HA I know you needed your trip to your Sis to get out of the house and Nicco is off running around and Jaz, well she is AT the beach of course, NOW I NEED a trip so bad LOL

Enjoy golf before the rains come and smart to cancel cause if you are like me in any way, TOO many things in a day irks me and bothers me like you said easier to reschedule

-----------hey guys

hubby off to mow his mom's land

taking Bolt into vet for bloodwork as his normal routine around 10

I am frying up 5 packs of sausage into patties and freeze for rv trip. I must have backup fast micro food for just in case house smells good with all the frying sausage right now. freezes great and micros so fast and tastes good on trip....staple for me now to bring. We don't like cooking breakfast in the rv, we wanna relax in the morning or I take off metal detecting and hubby surf fishes, so already cooked and ready sausage is fab for us. I never mind cooking lunch or dinner at the rv but breakfast is a PIA and we rarely cook it. So I cook ALOT of sausage to bring

anyway, after this I got rv to handle a bit. all the ducks in a row kinda thing
gonna trash out the fridge. 6 days gone and I don't leave hardly anything in there so we will eat what is there, won't buy more, clean it up and leave it til I get home, again usual crap I do.

little of this and that today. All good on plan and holding very strong zc.

be good everyone
  #583   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 03:35

BF:

Good Morning!

Here we go again.....drink coffee, relax a bit and then head to the golf course again. I feel beat up! This will make 4 days in a row and I think that's about my limit. Yesterday's round was SO slow.....a bunch of old men in front of us holding up the whole course. Maddening. Today one of our other friends is going to join us. She had joint replacement done on her thumb in January and this will be her first time out. She said her Dr. told her it would be 6-8 weeks before she could play(which would be now), but now he's saying 6 months. She is NOT happy and decided to try it now. I hope she doesn't injure herself.

DH is working himself to a frazzle getting the Rec Authority public pool ready to open in late May. He's been power washing and painting....I think he has a helper coming today, so that will be good.

---------
Trig....are you getting the RV all ready to roll? I so envy you heading to the ocean. Just looking at the waves is good for the soul.

Nic....any news from DS19 about his classes? How are things going for him at school?

Jaz.....how are things going with the nurses team and the software? Wow...certification in all 50 states! That sounds like a lot of work. I suppose it would come in handy if you ever decide to do the travel nurse thing again. A Hawaii assignment doesn't sound bad.

--------

Ok....need to get awake and think about my day. Make it a good one!
  #584   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 05:15

BF:

Good Morning ladies!

Tired - played too much in the sun and pool yesterday. I was so over work yesterday. This new "instructor" treats us like children. OMG- I was finished with the modules and assignment before 11am. So I started the PA state board of nursing CEU. Talk about a sleeper. I am still doing it. It is 4 hours long.
So about 4- I was in swimsuit and sitting at the pool with a cool beverage.

I am stuck with this trainer for the rest of the week....insert eye roll......I have a whiteboard on the table I use to give myself messages. The message currently is QUIET/nod/smile/$$$- hahahah

Trig- Look at you getting RV ready!!!!! Love sausage in the morning with eggs and coffee- IF I wanted breakfast. I don't think any of us are breakfast eaters.
Well maybe Lori. Hey I know you will love the outer banks. that is so on my bucket list. Are you heading out Friday?

Lori- are you a breakfast eater? I seem to remember you and Blue were the big breakfast eaters! My gut doesn't like food until about 2.

I bet you are exhausted!!!! Golf if no joke! You use every muscle in your body! 4 days in a row is alot! You do need to rest some!
Is there a reason you are going on day 4?
I bet pool season for your area is a huge big deal! I keep forgetting they open and close! HAHAHAHAH

NIC- Your weekend sounded so nice!!! Are you taking some time to recover?!?! How is your arm doing? Do let some of the men do some stuff too!!!! I know you are a doer...........

What is on tap for this week?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I can tell I am so much more active here than anywhere I have ever lived. Everyone is outside most of the time, either biking, walking , swimming, ect.......... people do not sit inside.

I am concerned though, because there is a high probability that the condo the manager told me about is not going to go to me. That would mean a move AGAIN for me. I spent some time yesterday calling all the Realtor companies inquiring for a long term rental. There is one condo for rent for a year at 2400.00 a month.
Holy cow no way.

Long story- I am here through May and will need to move June 1st. I need to consider now where I will go. There is not any apt. complexes here on the island. Everyone owns and then chooses to Abnb. I am in an AirBnb. Most people go through a realtor here, which is why I called them all yesterday. property here is prime! So........... I need to figure out where to go. The reality is I most likely will need to leave here.
Also I need to stay in GA for my job. I am allowed to go anywhere in Ga. Thinking cap is on.
Not going to figure it out today. I will say though I am ready to have my own place and get my stuff out of storage!

WOE- on track- down a pound! I am not going to talk about it - the moment I do I hit the bounce house!
Just going to do my thing and keep taking it day to day.

Nothing else here- going to hit 90's rest of the week. Sunny and hot until Friday. We get an hour for lunch and I walk Bella then.

Gotta run! Have a great day all!
  #585   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-21, 06:41

BF:

Lori, a thumb joint replacement. I just never heard of anyone having that done. cool but OW but glad her recovery is good and hope she can play easily. interesting.

Cool the pool will open, will be very interesting to see if it crowds up or no one uses it during covid times? can't wait to hear on that actually. I find it interesting too on how areas are changing on how people handle situations. Good tho DH is busy good for you right? HAHA

Jazz, super congrats on a lb down again. Key is STAY ON PLAN and you are doing just that! FAB!

so sorry about your rental not going to you....damn....can you 'look' a little to the left and a little to the right on any towns next to you that are close to your area? Well you will.....you got a a tad of time but like ya said, don't wait too long before everything gets snagged up. Feel for ya on that tho! And I bet something pops up for you hopefully.

Hey Nicco, waiting on new update from ya!!

---------nothing doing here
hubby is de-winterizing the rv today
I am still just getting ducks in a row thing here for leaving Friday.
OMG change of scenery, I NEED it so bad!

get this....I hear a weirdo noise at my dryer area. Behind it. Banging kinda and think like 'monster rat in house' kinda noise. Look around, check all, nothing. Then I look out the back door and 2 mockingbirds are right there on the porch railing near the door. So a bit later the 'rat noise' is still freakin' on me a bit and I investigate a bit more and hmmm, nothing but then I do a load of clothes and stick them in the dryer.....turn dryer on and I go outside to my garage to my freezer but coming back I check the dryer vent which is near the back door area. Blowing out air and I see a few 'grassy twigs' blowing and stuck in the vents.....I go and pull them out. Hmmm, like nesting material birds do......OK....so I turn off the dryer and turn it back on again and go outside and MORE nesting material blows up to the vent area and I sweep it out and it is ALOT OF darn soft pine needles and some feathers. THOSE SOB's were making a nest IN MY dryer hose! Unreal. So I finished dryer and went outside and tape to shut down the vents so nothing can get in at all now. Those 2 suckers can go build elsewhere LOL
At least I know what the creepy noise was!! And I won't be killing any baby birds in a nest in my dryer hose....omg

yea that is my exciting day! LOL

be good all, over and out