Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 02:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Hi Robert

You're welcome. I generally just drop it straight in to be honest. Some recipe books advise letting it dry a little before you do, although I suspect that's more to stop it sticking than anything else. In which case, adding a splash of oil to the water before you add the pasta does much the same job.

If you do want to dry it for later, that's no problem at all! The only point I'd make there is to remember the egg content, so labelling whatever you store it in with a use by date is a good idea.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 21:47

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Robert- My daughter just found me a box of Rigatoni made in Italy by Bella Vita. 1cup has 18g carbs with dietary fiber of 8 g which means 1 cup has 10 g digestible carbs. The ingredients listed are: defatted soy flour- pasturized eggs- white rice flour- wheat gluten, and isolated soy proteins. I don'tknow if you can get products from Italy but thought I would tell you about it just in case. For those living in the U.S.- My daughter got this and there are other pasta products like these at Schnucks grocery which is in the southern Illinois, St. Louis, Missouri area. Am really glad they are coming out with products like these more and more. Hope this helps someone. Good luck! Aleka
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 21:51

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Urban gypsey--Just saw the recipe that you listed. Sounds good and think I'll give it a try too. Thanks--Aleka