Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 09:13
Lurking LowCarber

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/150 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Pure Foods Seeks Those Who Wish to Own a Low Carb Cafe

Pure Foods Seeks Those Who Wish to Own a Low Carb Cafe
Friday January 30, 5:20 am ET

Private Chefs to Halle Berry, Quentin Tarantino, Cameron Crowe and Marcus Allen Launched the Pure Foods Low Carb Cafe Partner Program

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Jan. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- In the last year, 50 million Americans have at least tried low carb diets such as Atkins and now it may be a lot easier to stay on those diets. Pure Foods Co-Executive Chefs Stephanie Goldfarb, who has worked for Halle Berry and Marcus Allen and Co- Executive Chef Marissa Mitchell who has worked for Quentin Tarantino and Cameron Crowe announced today a partner program wherein qualified individuals can become a partner in a Pure Foods Low Carb Cafe and own and operate their own location with an investment of $150,000.00. The duo has created a menu with over 20 low carb lunch and dinner items. The cafe's signature dessert is a low carb brownie topped with AtkinsŪ low carb vanilla ice cream, AtkinsŪ low carb chocolate sauce and cool whip with 6 net carbs. Each menu item will list the number of net carbs. Pure Foods, LLC will roll this concept out in several cities this year while they expand their low carb markets. The cafes will serve only non-alcoholic low carb beverages. The expansion into low carb cafes comes at a time carb conscious consumers are cutting back on restaurant visits because they can't find low-carb meals they want. "We are making it easier not to cheat," said Brad Saltzman, Co-Founder of Pure Foods, LLC who lost 25 lbs on the Atkins Diet. Pure Foods, LLC is a privately held Beverly Hills based company with low carb retail stores in Santa Monica and Beverly Hills, CA with 20 California locations opening by mid 2005. In March 2004, the company will introduce a line of low carb desserts, low carb pizza crisps(TM), low carb ice creams and a low carb BBQ to supermarkets and low carb retail stores nationally. The company rolled a line of gourmet low carb cheesecakes last month and reports a 300% increase in sales.

For more information on the Pure Foods Low Carb Cafe Partner Program please contact Robert Chase at rchase~purefoods.com.

www.purefoods.com
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 10:55

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

If ever there comes a time when any low-carb products are made with whole, natural ingredients like real cream, real cheese, real butter, for example, and no soy proteins, powders or chemicals and additives then I'll jump on the bandwagon, but please forgive me if I don't jump up and down with glee whenever I see any new company or fast food restaurant stating they are going to make low-carb products.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 11:45

Plan: common sense low carb
Stats: 221/190/175 Male 6 feet
BF:27/13/10??
Progress: 67%

according to their web site, these guys are also planning to launch frozen low carb meals -- I for one wouldnt mind having a low carb equivalent of smart one/lean cuisine frozen dinners for those days when I just dont have time to do it myself...

BEVERLY HILLS CELEBRITY CHEFS LAUNCH LOW CARB FROZEN MEALS THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU SOON IN YOUR LOCAL SUPERMARKET

Private Chefs to Halle Berry, Quentin Tarentino, Cameron Crowe and Marcus Allen create specialty low carb frozen entrees for supermarkets and low carb stores

The Pure Foods line of frozen low carb entrees will be available in supermarkets SOON. The line of frozen entrees will retail between $3.49 and $4.49.

The Pure Foods frozen entrees will average 8 net carbs per entrees.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 15:11

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
If ever there comes a time when any low-carb products are made with whole, natural ingredients like real cream, real cheese, real butter, for example, and no soy proteins, powders or chemicals and additives then I'll jump on the bandwagon, but please forgive me if I don't jump up and down with glee whenever I see any new company or fast food restaurant stating they are going to make low-carb products.
I agree with you, Hellistile. But since we can't see their ingredients statements, we don't know yet if their products are made with whole foods or not. I'll be interested to see when they are available in my area. The frozen meals sound handy.

On that same vein, a co-worker brought in a low-carb dessert today for everyone to share. The problem was just what you commented on -- it was full of frankenfoods and non-fat to boot. I had one bite and had to spit it out -- it was grotesque!