Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-10, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/235/185 Female 71
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Curious

Hi everyone. I started Atkins on Christmas Day 2009 and have since lost 30 lbs. I am a book worm, so I like researching all sorts of diet plans out there. I am particularly interested in all of the different low carb diets out there and current theories/research.

Any who, I came across this forum for the CAD/CALP diet plan. I was just curious, why is there a 15 minute limit on drinking coffee with cream?

I know, curiousity killed the cat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-10-10, 08:33

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hmmm.. I used to know the answer to this. It has been ages since I went to the book, not even sure where it is. It has something to do with the lactose in the milk, and it's affect on insulin production. I can't think of the exact science, but I remember it made sense when I read it! Maybe someone else will look it up for you.