Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Fri, May-19-23, 04:36

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

No one will be happy, but it is better. Had he used Calories, the Carb-Insulin model fans would have pushed back (which was what prompted his comment, and Ingested carbon atom is a mouthful).
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Fri, May-26-23, 06:35

KeyTones,
Ted looks so Lean…because he is!

Twitter quote today:
"I released The PE Diet in late 2019. While writing the book, I achieved a single digit body fat percentage for the first time in my life, which has been easy to maintain ever since. I’m sure other diet book authors do the same, although I can’t name any offhand… "

Photo of his app is at 9.1% Body Fat on average since 2019!

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, May-27-23 at 02:27.
  #348   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-23, 09:40

Plan: Dr Ted Naiman + IF
Stats: 320/158/140 Female 5'10" age 56
BF:
Progress: 90%

Yes, he is so lean!

I've seen his pics back several years. There was a pic comparison he posted somewhere of his bod on low carb, low carb plus training, then more recent pic into the PE age. He was lean after going low carb, then lean and more muscular when he added training (not sure on the macros, hard to remember if he posted them), then obviously more muscular and leaner yet with more definition on PE.

Anyway, he had these cherubic cheeks when I first saw him in 2007. I know he was already low carb back then, but I don't remember him talking to me about training or sprinting or anything like that back then. Anyway, the baby fat in his face was the main reason I thought he was a Doogie Howser situation - he wasn't, he would have been about 35, LOL-
  #349   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-23, 08:48

Maybe that is why he scowls in his current photos? 😆
Definitely look older.

A new podcast dropped this morning on Apple with Vanessa Spina, the optimal protein podcast. Dr. Ted Naiman; proteins and longevity trade-offs, satiety per calorie, SPC, fat loss, and macros and more!
The controversies on Twitter about satiety is so ridiculous. I can’t believe people are still arguing about it and now today another controversy about insulin the carbohydrate insulin model.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000617501758
  #350   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-23, 15:15

BF:

Does anyone know if this forum is closed to new members? I pointed a lady here that wasn’t able to register for some reason.
  #351   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-23, 04:05

Yes, sadly registration is closed to new members. The old platform is no longer working … though as a guest you can read many sections. For example, a guest can read Success Stories, but not Journals. A guest can read the Dr. Ted Naiman thread and it may appear in Google search results, but I do not know which other sub-forums are not publically available.

If I added something important to my journal I want to find again and be available publically…I add it to another comment like the Ted Naiman semi-LC thread, Media sub-forum, General Low Carb, Medical
/Health forums, are available.

Doreen T and Kristine…can you please update us on this? Is my understanding still correct?

Thank you Doreen and Kristine for all your work to kept an old forum chugging along

This was Doreen's answer in January 2023:

Quote:
hi Janet, Kristine forwarded your message to me. As she stated, registrations were disabled Nov/20 as a last resort, after nearly 2 years of trying other fixes for server problems due to bot activity. Since then, the mail server has also gone belly-up and is basically non-functional. New registrations require validation by clicking a link contained in an email .. which they'll never get because it won't be sent. Yes it's been checked by tech support who claim everything "looks fine" . It's beyond frustrating.

Meanwhile, Kristine had also mentioned about downloading your journal, if you wanted to send a copy to your friend. Basically, you click "Show Printable Version" on the Thread Tools tab at the top right of your journal. As long as you are the journal owner and have the current link in your profile, it will automatically load all posts - up to 2000 - on a single page (normally allows only 30 posts per page). You can then use your browser's print function to save as desired. Doreen _________________

_ ~ You can have results or excuses, not both. Be stronger than your excuses. ~

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jun-20-23 at 08:12.
  #352   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-23, 13:45

BF:

Oh wow, shoot, sorry to hear that!! Thank you for your reply-
  #353   ^
Old Tue, Jun-20-23, 14:36

And Another new Ted Naiman interview. Red letter day for P:E and SPC. Mikki Williden is a good interviewer, so I’m subscribed to her show.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...=1000617759253P pm
  #354   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-23, 04:48

Not an interview with Ted Naiman but with Dr Don Layman, interviewer Nutrition with Judy. Many good comments that supports Ted views, reason why some carbs are necessary, downsides of carnivore (Judy hosts a carnivore group), why BG increases, sleep impaired on ketogenic diet, distribution of protein over two meals, not OMAD.

https://youtu.be/DVi2KFXYhT4
Secret to Weight Loss without Losing Muscle.

But here is another new interview with Ted Naiman, named in an elite group of doctors by Vinnie Tortorich, "Doctors Without Shirts"

"THE BENEFITS OF PROTEIN
Dr. Ted Naiman returns to the show - Ted is very fit as he “walks the talk” of what he recommends to his patients. (2:30) Vinnie asks Ted his thoughts on protein and when to best eat it. They discuss protein absorption and eating windows, and how much the average person needs. Ted recommends what he calls “bookending” and gives an example. Neither recommends one meal a day (OMAD); Vinnie believes that people try to use OMAD as a form of diet trickery. (7:00) The two discuss protein powders and the differences between various types. They agree—food should always be first. Powders are only a supplement and shouldn’t replace real meal…Time stamps continue, very detailed if interested in the topics.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...i=1000618869146

Last edited by JEY100 : Fri, Jul-07-23 at 07:18.
  #355   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-23, 05:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Doreen T and Kristine…can you please update us on this? Is my understanding still correct?
Hi Janet - sorry I didn't see this when you posted it. Yes, the info here is still correct, sadly.
  #356   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-23, 09:31

BF:

Kristine - thank you for your reply.

JEY100 - I've heard Megan Ramos talk about chronic, daily OMAD several times. She says women tend to only eat about 700 calories when they do that and trips the starvation response. I see people all the time telling women to do it. Ugh.
  #357   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-23, 02:48

Cathy, Megan must have changed her mind. OMAD was originally recommended to just about everyone, and she in particular suggested a 36-42 hour fast for older women, who were having difficulty losing weight. I did those, (every other day some weeks!) but not "clean water fasting" …lived on coffee. Think now that type of fasting worsened my nutrient deficiencies, but since I found it hard to fat, that didn’t last too long.

Kristine, Thank you for the info. Sorry to learn the Journals will not be available to new members.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jul-11-23 at 09:19.
  #358   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-23, 07:10

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Thank you Doreen and Kristine for all your work to kept an old forum chugging along

Yes, thank you for all your efforts in keeping this going. Would it help if those of us with longer journals started new journals and archived or even deleted the old ones? I "printed" my current journal to PDF the other day so wouldn't mind if the old journal were scrapped. Just trying to think of ways to ease the burden of all the old data the site is carrying.
  #359   ^
Old Tue, Jul-18-23, 11:58
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Yes, thank you for all your efforts in keeping this going. Would it help if those of us with longer journals started new journals and archived or even deleted the old ones? I "printed" my current journal to PDF the other day so wouldn't mind if the old journal were scrapped. Just trying to think of ways to ease the burden of all the old data the site is carrying.

Well, we do ask members to start up a new thread when the current one reaches 2000 posts (see Long Journals / Threads for info). Text itself doesn't use up a lot of data, it's more the *activity* in a long thread, especially if there are many posts per day or if there are many users subscribed. That all needs to be indexed. Some other threads can be super sloowwww to load if there are a lot of externally-linked images. Most members have been happy to have a new thread around the 2000 post limit anyway .. an opportunity for a fresh start
  #360   ^
Old Wed, Jul-19-23, 06:52

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks, Doreen! My journal has 1,671 posts, so I'll let it go yet for a bit and then start a new one.