Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 22:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins....
Stats: 155/136.4/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

It never even crossed my mind that poppers are allowed..they are my favorite. I will definitely try this recipe!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-08, 04:28

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 76
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldEyz
It never even crossed my mind that poppers are allowed..they are my favorite. I will definitely try this recipe!!

To be precise its chiles that are allowed, bell peppers have far moew carbs than chiles ... and hotter = lower carbs. However for a price vs bulk divided by carbs I like anaheim chiles as a green bell pepper replacement.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Feb-07-09, 21:02

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

I just popped a some of these in the oven, can't wait to try them.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 12:38

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

If you are out of induction, adding a small bit of SF raspberry preserves or a large fresh raspberry in the bottom before stuffing with the cheese turns out wonderful. ( don't use bacon in the recipe so not sure if that would make a difference in how it tastes with the berry.)
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 14:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

yum! My husband will love these!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-10, 20:57

Plan: Atkins: Induction
Stats: 365/228/150 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

OMG these are sooo yummy!!!!! *BUMP!*

if you've never tried them, definitely give them a go. They are a new "quick-food" favorite of mine. I make mine in big batches and freeze them, then pop 'em in the toaster oven and voila! Scrumptious goodness in less then 10 minutes~!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 11:38

Plan: Keto
Stats: 148/146/133 Female 5'4
BF:36%/23/?
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by neela26
These sound really good. Unfortunately, it seems like I'm one of the few who doesn't like bacon. Dh likes bacon so I think for him I can make it that way. I'm wondering if I can use something else to coat them?

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

I put shredded cheddar on them. Also I am a bit naughty and put the bacon on raw and let it cook in the oven. I have not made these in a while. They were a life saver when I was going through the early dark days of accepting Way of Eating
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 04:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

I had this (basically) in Mexico at a top notch resort...but they cooked them over an open fire which added a killer good smokey flavor...so we made them (stuffed with garlic cream cheese and a bit of cheddar-wrapped in bacon) in our fire pit (bought one of those two sided cagey thingies to hold them in place-looks like a huge spatula made of mesh?) Anyway...they were AWESOME except they're really too dang hot (they were kickin hot in Mexico too according to virtually everyone who at them!)...and I've got great tolerance for heat. I'm the only one who can eat more than one or two...and that's only because I struggle thru it. My husband was so snafued he got the hiccups/coughs from the heat!

Not sure why the jalapenos we get are so toxic? Maybe I should try walmart...the one's we got at the mexican market where I shop were hot as all get out...even with seeds removed. Help?!?!? I use the same basic method for stuffed poblano's and add in chicken or seafood...but really want this popper recipe to work without killing my husband and/or guests. Any suggestions?
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 18:10

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 165/130/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I've got some of these in the oven right now for the first time. I mixed cream cheese, bacon bits, shredded cheddar and a little Mrs Dash for the filling, and topped them with a little more cheddar. I think I will enjoy them no matter how they turn out...can hardly wait!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 19:16

Plan: Atkins Pre-Maintenance
Stats: 215/134.8/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Oh wow this looks like an awesome idea! I may have to make some of these tonight to go with steak!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 22:01
Registered Member

Stats: 405/396/275 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I have done these with different stuffing's goat cheese shrimp, crab with cream cheese. ham and cheddar, all wrapped in bacon. Another great appetizer is the mini sweet peppers (I get them at Sams Club) stuffed with Italian sausage! You can add a chunk of provolone or some other Italian cheese. Make them up and bake them at about 325 for about 20-25 minutes. You can grill them too. If you bake them put them on a rack because they can put out some water.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-11, 08:08

Stats: 188/186/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress:

For those that are doing a lot of grilling due to football season...

Wrap the 1/2 seeded cream cheese jalapeņos with low sodium bacon and grill. They have an awesome taste!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Oct-17-11, 17:20

Plan: Keto/Low Carb
Stats: 309.4/301.6/249.4 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 13%

I made a variation of these tonight for dinner. They are so good!
I nixed the bacon and added a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese on top. *Delicious!*

I removed the ribs and seeds because I was afraid that it would be *too* spicy. But, mine weren't spicy at all. I think next time I'll leave the ribs and remove just the seeds. I like spicy, so I was a little disappointed when mine came out tasting like a green pepper, lol. Still good tho!

As an added bonus, the bits of cheddar that were on the pan turned crispy and was a yummy crunch! It almost tasted like "cheezits"!

Two thumbs up from me! I'll definitely be making this again!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Oct-20-11, 10:06

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

I second Elsah's suggestion about raspberries -- but I pop a frozen raspberry on top once the peppers are stuffed with cheese before baking. The hot peppers/raspberries are a great combo!

One warning if you're serving these at a party: Make sure the jalapenos aren't too hot (bake one first and sample it). The fresh ones in the grocery store are usually pretty mild, but last year I got some from the farmers market and it turned out they were a super-hot variety; they looked good but were just too hot for us to eat!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-14, 15:13

Plan: Working to adapt my own
Stats: 268/256/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 12%

We have a friend who wraps the cream cheese stuffed jalapeņos in bacon strips and barbecues them, sooooo good!!!