Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 12:25

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default 3 LC events in February. Atlanta, Nashville, Tampa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNWCEqfscps

Quote:
3 UPCOMING EVENTS - FEB, 2019
-
Join us in Nashville, Atlanta and Tampa at one of our community inspired health events.

Learn from leading doctors, health care providers & thought leaders who will be discussing the latest scientific research behind a low carb lifestyle and how it plays a pivotal role in the treatment of obesity, metabolic disease & type 2 diabetes. Many of which, can be prevented, and even reversed, through nutrition.
-
Here, our co-founders, Dr. Eric Westman, & Glen & Yael Finkel explain the ADAPT mission - which is to educate, build and empower YOU to live a happy & healthy life.
-
To learn more about each event, click the link below:
www.AdaptYourLife.com/events
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-18, 19:55

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

Hmmm ... no link to register yet. Curious if there will be a lot of selling of their products. Not necessarily a bad thing. Wonder about the cost to attend. Will have to check back to the linked site periodically. I did subscribe so hopefully they'll announce more via email.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-18, 02:59

Under each event is "learn more" click that green tab and it goes to EventBrite for all details and registering. The price has varied on cost of venue and if lunch provided. Atlanta is $50, snacks provided and you can buy/ bring own lunch.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/adapt-...ets-52921178670

The Adapt folks have a table, in lobby or back of room, you can talk to them or not like any conference. Assume Dr Jockers will too. But Dr Westman's talks are educational. The Adapt You Life YouTube channel and FB page has many, many educational videos about LC and videos of some talks at the events. Josh Perry, the BMX athlete with cancer, spoke at the Roxboro event.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Dec-15-18 at 03:10.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-18, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Under each event is "learn more" click that green tab and it goes to EventBrite for all details and registering. The price has varied on cost of venue and if lunch provided. Atlanta is $50, snacks provided and you can buy/ bring own lunch.
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/adapt-...ets-52921178670

The Adapt folks have a table, in lobby or back of room, you can talk to them or not like any conference. Assume Dr Jockers will too. But Dr Westman's talks are educational. The Adapt You Life YouTube channel and FB page has many, many educational videos about LC and videos of some talks at the events. Josh Perry, the BMX athlete with cancer, spoke at the Roxboro event.

Thanks. It did not take me to Eventbrite when I clicked that button. Will try again when I get home.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-18, 21:59

The Tampa link doesn't work yet. But I found it on Eventbrite!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-18, 03:07

Works for me on an iPad this morning.

Tampa is $60 and includes lunch from Dine-In Keto...this service sounds so good. https://dine-inketo.com
Free delivery in Clearwater.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-21-18, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Works for me on an iPad this morning.

Tampa is $60 and includes lunch from Dine-In Keto...this service sounds so good. https://dine-inketo.com
Free delivery in Clearwater.

Very cool link. I just so happen to work in Clearwater.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-19, 11:42

Now reading testimonials from the over 300 people who attended the event in Tennessee last weekend, a sold out hall. But there are still tickets availalble for Atlanta this weekend (in three days) and then Tampa.

Post by an enhusiastic TN attendee:

Quote:
I was there!!! It was soo inspirational!! Dr. Westman & Dr. Berry & Neisha were so generous with their time. You guys see the amount of people in that room? It held 300 people. The event was sold out I believe. Dr. Berry asked the whole room, "How many people are already doing keto?" Almost everyone raised their hand. Then he said, "How many people are NOT from Tennessee?" And almost everyone raised their hand. And then he said, "How many people ever travelled that far for a Weight Watchers meeting?" And NO ONE raised their hand. That is a testament to how powerful eating ketogenically is. We heard testimony of the reversal of obesity, diabetes, remission of auto immune disorders like Lupus & others, reversal of Poly Cystic Ovary Disease, elimination of acid reflux, overcoming food addiction and even eating disorders. The list goes on and on. And it's not like we haven't heard these testimonies before, but it's powerful to hear it in person. This is about more than just weight loss, people!! Everyone was there to thank the doctors for changing their lives, and to commiserate with people who KNOW. Keto is the PROPER HUMAN DIET. If you get a chance to go to one of these events, GO!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-19, 05:35

These three Adapt events have been wildly successful, sold out. You can see many photos from the events at the AdaptYourLife FB page.

The Atlanta group, led by Jess Dudley, is going to continue to connect the LC community that began at the recent event.

Quote:
[B]Post Adapt Event "Meet Up"
Feb 26, Tuesday night 7 pm.
The C3 campus in Lawrenceville.

Need more info, contact Jess at http://www.findyourfood.org
or on her FB pages. Plan is to continue but see how it develops.

Do you know what you really believe in? I mean, what do you really believe?

I believe I do better when I am connected with others going in the same direction as I am. #Community
I might thrive on a low-carb approach, it's true. Yet, I stay on a low-carb approach because of you! Because I'm accountable to others. Because I lean on others! Because I believe in community.

I'm excited to announce that our local community is piloting a support community with Adapt for our friends here in Atlanta. "Adapt and Thrive!" Launces this coming week.
Tues night at 7pm, we'll continue the conversations we started! We'll continue the friendships we've started.
Over 70 people have signed up to return!

So, what do you believe in? How will you get to your goals? Can you keep your focus all by yourself?
If you can, that's great! I needed a little help from my friends!

Come join us!

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Feb-25-19 at 05:40.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-19, 10:20

I ended up going to the event in Tampa this weekend. I wasn't as excited as I'd hoped - I was fighting the flu. But it was interesting. Very motivational. I enjoyed Dr. Westman's philosophy, honesty, and understated humor. He acknowledges that we are human and those of us here in the US grew up with a sweet tooth so he does not shoot down the use of AS. He also clarified for me, without intending to I'm sure, why I keep thinking Atkins '72 was ketogenic. The first phase was - and that was the only phase I stuck with because I had so much to lose back then.

Other speakers were informative and motivational. Suzanne Ryan (lost 120 pounds and is keeping it off), Dr. Lowry, Dr. Koche, Josh Perry (4x brain tumor survivor), and Danny Vega (fat fueled family).

Most importantly, the event allowed us to find other like-minded keto folks in the area.

I do which more MD's had attended. I don't think there were any in the audience.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-19, 04:18

Thanks for the report. Maybe you can continue with a local group like Jess is doing in Atlanta.
Josh Perry is an inspiring speaker. He now lives in Raleigh...the outdoor skate park in this film not far from my home. https://youtu.be/lHjH_M7zdCs
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 04:28

The Adapt FB page has a clip of the Tampa audience. Not sure this link will work, but every event has something similar on the Adpt your Life FB page, which is public.
https://www.facebook.com/AdaptYourL...628128/?__xts__