Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 06:01
sjcchoops sjcchoops is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 35
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Thumbs up HOORAY! 6 Weeks In and Down 37.5 & Wife Down 16.

6 weeks in and Atkins is definitely working for us. We have stuck with the Induction phase since we have so much to lose. Hoping the rest of you are also experiencing the same success. Love seeing others success as well!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 08:31
GRB5111's Avatar
GRB5111 GRB5111 is offline
Posts: 3,125
 
Plan: Ketogenic (LCHFKD)
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%
Location: Herndon, VA
Default

Keep going. Sharing my success of being over 7 years from starting Induction and have not backtracked while remaining in Induction (very strict low carb/keto, which is what Induction is) to present time. When staying consistent, you'll find it's easy to sustain, manage, and delicious food is always available. Induction worked for me. so I stayed with the basic principles, and while I may occasionally have some foods (still low carb) that aren't always recommended for Induction, remaining consistent has made all the difference. If you feel restricted in food choices, check the many recipes available on this forum or the DietDoctor.com website. It's a horn of plenty. Anyone who says this WOE is unsustainable is not trying. Enjoy the journey.
Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 09:36
sjcchoops sjcchoops is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 35
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Keep going. Sharing my success of being over 7 years from starting Induction and have not backtracked while remaining in Induction (very strict low carb/keto, which is what Induction is) to present time. When staying consistent, you'll find it's easy to sustain, manage, and delicious food is always available. Induction worked for me. so I stayed with the basic principles, and while I may occasionally have some foods (still low carb) that aren't always recommended for Induction, remaining consistent has made all the difference. If you feel restricted in food choices, check the many recipes available on this forum or the DietDoctor.com website. It's a horn of plenty. Anyone who says this WOE is unsustainable is not trying. Enjoy the journey.


Thanks so much for sharing your story. So far we are doing great. The hardest part has been not being able to go to our favorite food places and find anything that we can eat. Texas Roadhouse is ok, but we certainly miss our Red Robin and Pizza places.

Thanks for sharing your success!
Reply With Quote
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 12:26
Ohamy Ohamy is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 317
 
Plan: ketogenic
Stats: 298/175/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default

Burgers without buns and pizza toppings without the crust are delicious treats in my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 14:18
Ms Arielle's Avatar
Ms Arielle Ms Arielle is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 12,381
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/214/153 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Location: Massachusetts
Default

With time pizza places and Red Robin will become a thing of the past. I cant find what Im looking for unless its a steakhouse. Far better is gave one of my boys throw a steak on. I jyst have to serve myself. Better than going out.
Reply With Quote
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 07:18
sjcchoops sjcchoops is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 35
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohamy
Burgers without buns and pizza toppings without the crust are delicious treats in my experience.


We have done both!!! You have great taste!
Reply With Quote
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 07:20
sjcchoops sjcchoops is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 35
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
With time pizza places and Red Robin will become a thing of the past. I cant find what Im looking for unless its a steakhouse. Far better is gave one of my boys throw a steak on. I jyst have to serve myself. Better than going out.


We have found the same thing! Do you have Jimmy John’s near you? They have a sandwich called the Unwich. 2-4 carbs as it’s not on a bun, rather a lettuce wrap! Steaks are our “go-to”, add a side salad without croutons and you’re all set.

Great job everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 16:39
Grav Grav is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 1,104
 
Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%
Location: New Zealand
Default

Good stuff. I remember thinking when I'd lost about that much, that low carb eating wasn't so much a matter of willpower anymore, as I was clearly getting the results. I had the routine more or less figured out by now, all I needed from this point on was just patience!

You've been doing it now for hopefully long enough to recognise that this is a direction worth sticking to, so just stay the course from here, and who knows where you'll end up.
Reply With Quote
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-19, 05:01
tess9132 tess9132 is offline
 
Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default

Quote:
Burgers without buns and pizza toppings without the crust are delicious treats in my experience.
Most weeks I go out to eat 1 to 3 times and our typical places are very Red Robin-y. I also have a 20 year tradition of ordering pizza for the kids most Fridays. At Chili's or any other pub type restaurant, I get a burger sans bun. My husband generally orders the sizzling chicken fajitas minus the tortillas, rice, and beans. I'll scrape the nachos and eat the cheese with a fork. For any entree, most restaurants (including Chili's) will happily sub a salad in place of the fries, but I don't really like salad much so I usually pass. If I eat pizza, I just scrape the cheese and tomato sauce onto a plate and sprinkle some salt on it. Honestly, I don't miss the crust anymore.

For me, one of the great things about getting older is I no longer care what anybody thinks. I eat how I eat. And, unless I'm among vegetarians, I find I can do low carb pretty much anywhere, without much change to my lifestyle or anyone else's.
Reply With Quote
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-19, 09:11
LCer4Life's Avatar
LCer4Life LCer4Life is offline
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/128/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 90%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcchoops
Thanks so much for sharing your story. So far we are doing great. The hardest part has been not being able to go to our favorite food places and find anything that we can eat. Texas Roadhouse is ok, but we certainly miss our Red Robin and Pizza places.

Thanks for sharing your success!


I was looking at older threads and ran across this pizza dough recipe. Looks good. I haven’t tried but Kristie does well with her low carb recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYX3LEsFU8s
Reply With Quote
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 00:55
HappyLC HappyLC is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 1,862
 
Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%
Location: Long Island, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcchoops
...we certainly miss our Red Robin...


Red Robin does a great lettuce-wrapped burger.
Reply With Quote
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 11:30
sjcchoops sjcchoops is offline
Registered Member
Posts: 35
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
Red Robin does a great lettuce-wrapped burger.


Thank you for letting us know! May have to check that out soon!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08.


Copyright © 2000-2019 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.