Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-29-08, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/154/130 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress: 31%

All i can say is that i'd die to be 118lb hahaha.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 13:31

Plan: Mix
Stats: 255/200/180 Male 6 Feet
BF:
Progress:

I'm not a girl, but the major factor that started my initial weight loss was the desire to impress a girl at work.

Take it from me, don't do it. Losing weight to impress another is not a road you want to go down. Yeah, its nice if you end up succeeding in in losing the fat; but that person you're trying to impress may never end up becoming attracted to you, anyway.

Case in point, the girl I had a crush on would have NEVER gone out with me, ever. No matter how I looked, or how skinny I'd gotten. Fact was, I just wasn't her type, and probably never would be. I ended up depressed, frustrated, wondering if my efforts had been in vain. (they hadn't) I was young and stupid at the time, but I've gotten alot wiser.

Don't lose weight to impress others. Do it for yourself. Do it because YOU want it, because you want to be healthier, stronger, better, whatever. Do it for YOU. Not them.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-11, 19:22
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD/Low-Carb/IF
Stats: 160/140/120 Female 5'3"
BF:32%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by beegoss
All i can say is that i'd die to be 118lb hahaha.

Hahaha. Yeah. The thread starter has wonderful stats.

All I have to say is do whatever you need to do to feel better about yourself. I find with my personal experience, I am more successful with anything when it's something that myself, and only myself, wants to achieve. Without having anyone else in the picture.

What has he done to deserve you? Do you really have good reason to do anything for this fella? Also, maybe he's dating the girl for reasons other than what meets your eye.

And ONE MORE THING. If you're down or struggling about other similar things, just remember, that it will get better and things become easier. <3
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/172/150 Female 5ft 10inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

i'm losing weight for myself but also to get guys. ive just moved and almost all the guys where i am are FITTT. unfortunately i'm FATTT. :/

Last edited by livvie:) : Sun, Sep-18-11 at 10:57.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-12, 02:05

Plan: Primal/Atkins
Stats: 129/120/115 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 64%

I'm losing weight for myself, because I don't like what I see in the mirror. But to be honest it's also to get more attention from the guys! I'm barely 20, I don't think it's a crime!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-12, 18:17
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD/Low-Carb/IF
Stats: 160/140/120 Female 5'3"
BF:32%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%

Honestly, it irks me that sexy (under heteronormative standards) means thin. When I was in the 200s, I was told I was beautiful, smart, hilarious and awesome by the guys I chased, yet, I was always the "best friend". I've had so many friendships with men that seemed so emotional and strong like an intimate relationship, yet it was non-physical. I feel like for so many years, I was what HIS HEART wanted. And who knows, maybe what his eyes and what is in his pants wanted... but because of the social stigmas around fat female bodies, he wouldn't even think of running with those desires.

There is nothing wrong with you. Whether you're in the high 200s and losing weight for health reasons... or whether you're like me, and have just a little more you'd like to lose for vanity reasons. Don't let society's sizeist mentality get you down.

However, it is important to push yourself and reach YOUR OWN goals. If you want to "strive for perfection" make sure you make your own definition for perfection. This process will be so much better if you love yourself and make REALISTIC goals.

Enjoy healthy foods, enjoy weight training, enjoy the results... even if they're slow. More importantly, enjoy you.

#37   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-15, 09:20

Plan: #DoingMyOwnThing
Stats: 235/201/135 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 34%

For some reason, I always start losing weight when I get into a relationship. The last time I lost a whole bunch of weight this way, it all came back on and more once I broke up with the guy, so I'm hoping I can keep it off once my current boyfriend is gone (not that I don't like him, I'm just being realistic).

I have a male friend who has a crush on me who's said he thinks I should do whatever makes me happy and healthy, but he's sad to see the chub go :P I've actually never had a problem with attracting guys I like due to my weight, I just go for it. Once I got past elementary school (been medically obese since 2 months old), I became one of those obnoxious fat girls that thinks they're hot ;P

I'd like to lose weight to be more attractive for my boyfriend (and also because it'd be cool for him to lift me, since he can't whereas I can lift him just fine), but if he ever told me I needed to, I'd prolly go tell 'im to f*** off. That said, he's a sweetheart and has stated that weight would never be an issue for him.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-15, 09:31

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 142/142/125 Female 62 inches
BF:35%
Progress: 0%

I have to admit, part of why I want to lose weight is for my husband. BUT, it's not really BECAUSE of him, it's really my perception of how he sees me. He tells me all the time that I'm beautiful and sexy, but I'M the one who winces because I can't see myself that way. I want to believe that he thinks I'm sexy, and proud to "show off" to his friends and coworkers even though I know I'm not a show pony! It's a bit ridiculous, but once you get into the frame of mind that you're "too fat" or "too chubby" for someone to like you, it starts a vast array of distorted thinking and negative self image. If I were you, I would try to keep your thoughts more positive about your body and enjoy the guys who do find you attractive (and look for the nice ones! lol)