Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 11:13

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I must change my plans for CN tomorrow. Ed decided he wanted spaghetti today. He could not wait until tomorrow when I could actually have some. How selfish.

There may be a bit of noodles left over for me to eat tomorrow, but I really don't want to eat leftover re-heated spaghetti. I wanted it fresh and hot! With meatballs! (He is not making meatballs - just meat sauce).

Oh well. Whatever Ed wants, Ed gets.

Since I don't have the money to go buy all new ingredients for something different, I have decided to make pancakes for my dinner tomorrow instead! We have a big box of mix, and even a jug of real maple syrup! And that idea has kind of grown on me, so I am happy with it.

I finally got my protein powder! I am going to add a couple scoops of it to my pancake mix tomorrow so I don't have to make any meat. Not that I don't like meat, but I wanted to keep fat down on my carb nite as suggested by keifer. This will be a carb loading night, and the less fat the better. But it is hard to get in my daily protein without meat or eggs. The protein powder will be perfect! And it came just in the nick of time!

SO, the plan is now:
Breakfast - coffee&cream with a yogurt/protein shake later in the morning.

CARB NITE starts at 12:30 or 1:00pm -
1st spike will be Cream of Wheat.
2nd spike will be pancakes w/surup
3rd spike will be lemon bars
4th spike/bedtime snack is another lemon bar (if my poor shrunken stomach can handle it!)

I figure that will add up to about 400 carbs, more than enough! So even if I can't do the bedtime snack, I will have plenty of carbs in me to start the hormones going again.

CHELLE - I'm sorry you are feeling so sick. Please get better soon. Crackers and 7up sounds disgusting. I hope it is DIET 7up!

CRICKET - the lemon bars I am making are a real simple recipe I found online. Recipe calls for 1 box of angel food cake mix and 2 cans of lemon pie filling. That's it! Not the true lemon squares made with shortbread and such - they will be more like dense lemon flavored cake bars! I am only making 1/2 a batch. If they are icky, I will not be eating them. But I am more than sure that they will be delicious. And they sound so refreshing! I am even going to add the juice and zest from the rest of the lemon I have in the fridge! ------- I hope your plans work out for your CN. Too bad you can't do it Thursday like I am. I kind of liked being CN twins!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

PAULETTE>>>> yes mean of ED.... HAVE A question... I thought it was OK for fats later in the night for CN..he siad to have ice cream and cheese cake...etc... I thought limit the fats early in the day..and the later is ok since the enzymes to convert them to storing fats is not going to take place... I am getting waaaayyy confused here.
I am 0.6 MORE than the last week this day..If I were starting CN on sched, I do not think I would be weighing less!!! Iposted this on the CN group on FB. COULD not register on BODY10...
If I am staying the same next week as well, I will have to stretch my cn to maybe every 9 days. Says that if a lot of weight needs to be lost go 14 days but not less than 5...hmm... I wish I could see the pod casts. I MISS DR ATKINS!
At least I knew that inside and out! This is a new plan and the book is just not well at c overing a lot of things.

SO, you foods of course sound good. We are having eggs and canadian bacon on the road... at home we have cereal or hot cakes and more serals for all the spikes... there WILL be ice cream and a cherry turnover in there at night.
ENJOY your day tomorrow and I will think of youwhile i count the dashes in the highway lines!
  #168   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 12:58
Registered Member

BF:

error.. I am actually 0.4 less than this day last week.. and tomorrow if no loss would be a gain
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 13:07

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%

DUSTI
1.....2/18/16: 219.4
2.....2/19/16: 217.8
3.....2/20/16: 218.4
4.....2/21/16: 216.0
5.....2/22/16: 215.6
6.....2/23/16: 216.0
7.....2/24/16: 214.8
8.....2/25/16:
9.....2/26/16:
* CN...2/27/16:
DAY 1......2/28/16:

Downward movement! I love it. Whew am I worn out for this reorientation (is that what it's called). I must have fallen out of ketosis previously because I am definitely re-adapting and am pooped. I drank a huge mug of salty, buttery bone broth a bit ago so will hopefully feel better soon.

Paulette, sounds like we're in the same place as far as our enthusiasm for CN. I'm glad to hear it didn't unleash your carb beast. I think that's what we're all so afraid of. Your lemon bars sound pretty good though. Too bad we all don't live close or we could have CN potlucks!

I'm glad Doreen confirmed the deal with the messaging. I'm close so should have 25 posts soon!

Gosh Chelle - hope you feel better soon! Your body probably is worn down if you just had major surgery recently.

Cricket - Jodi is lucky to have a mama willing to help her out with this as much as you do. Tracking can be a lot of work so I bet it does get tiring doing it for two people. Things should get easier once we all get in the groove.

Paulette - Ed could use a kick in the pants! You are much nicer to him than I would be to Craig. If I'm doing the cooking he gets what he gets. But, you know, spaghetti sauce always tastes better the second day because the flavors have time to meld together. Could you save half the batch of sauce for tomorrow and add in your meat balls and cook fresh noodles? Pancakes sound good too though.

I'd better get to work. Another long day with biology after work until 9pm. Yawn.

Dusti

ETA - I forgot to mention that I picked up a Veggetti last night. Great recommendation, Lianne! I got the bigger unit that has a base that suctions to the counter top. Made zucchini noodles that I sauted in butter for breakfast. Pretty good. I bet they are better with spaghetti or alfredo sauce though.
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 13:14
Registered Member

BF:

PAULETTEI... WHEN the pasa is let in the fridge, and reheated there are 50-60% LESS CARBS... is that sounding better???
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 13:36

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
I thought it was OK for fats later in the night for CN..he siad to have ice cream and cheese cake...etc... I thought limit the fats early in the day..and the later is ok since the enzymes to convert them to storing fats is not going to take place... I am getting waaaayyy confused here.
That's how I read it too. Start out low fat and can add fats at the end of the evening.
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 13:58

BF:

I also read fats are OK in the evening only. That's why I don't want much with my dinner.

Hey, I forgot that I was going to have popcorn at night!!!! How silly of me. There is definitely fat in popcorn. I refuse to do the air-popped stuff. I hope I am not too darn full to have any.

Reheated spaghetti = yuck. I hope you see a loss tomorrow, Cricket.
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 14:31
Registered Member

BF:

OK ON THAT.. now hear this>>>> I was just told that WHEY spikes insuline and to stop the whey for a week...see if it is adding weight.. one gal said she always weighs more after the shake.. HUH???????? I thought KIEFER said to have it and it was goo.. I have that with HC as a meal or snack!!!

I MICRO the pop corn.. and I added fats in the later evening after meal... dessert and bedtime snack???
  #174   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 15:16

BF:

Does she mean WHEY, or whey protein isolate? Whey is full of carbs. the protein isolate has none. There should be no reason for it to spike insulin.

UPDATE - I just googled it and it seems whey protein is indeed known to raise insulin levels. Not blood glucose, just insulin. This bothers me. I just received some and was going to use it tomorrow with a breakfast shake.

I suppose it does not matter when we are using it during the Carb Nite itself, as we WANT an insuin spike. But I don't want it during the ULC days.

Bummer!

Last edited by PauletteB1 : Wed, Feb-24-16 at 15:29.
  #175   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 16:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket56
DOREEN T... THANK YOU for answering this! I never knew that and I am certain most do not. Is it acturally written someplace? Those things would be helpful

hello again

Actually, there's loads of helpful information posted in our Comments Box & Technical Questions section ...

There's a thread stuck near the top called **CHECK HERE FIRST! ** Technical Questions FAQ ... it's been there for many, many years The part about PMs is in colored, bolded text.

Do check it out
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 18:01
Registered Member

BF:

Hi doreen T.. blushing cricket here I have read those posts MANY MANY years ago as in about NINE years ago... glad it is there and now I know where to send newbies

PAULETTIE~~~ I am having that only on CN now. I have to wonder about the Atkins shakes. I know Jodi has had them and I as well... not high protein as the whey is.. probably safer. I HAVE got to get some proteins in my somehow! I am not loving food at all.
I packes 2 diet sodas and 3 shakes for that trip and a can of pecans.. all fat! Will stop on the way down for probably a breakfast for Jodi and absolutely ofr an ealry dinner for both of us.. MCD's no buns for me. double quarter pounders will work.NO SPECIAL SAUSES!!

Will be turning this off until SAturday late afternoon/evening very soon... Have a great time eating!!

DUSTI... whay bio are you taking??? Have a great couple of days oh.. I do not think Craig would eat your foods!! HE'd be running scared LOL!
  #177   ^
Old Wed, Feb-24-16, 18:31

BF:

Interesting to hear about the whey. I couldn't find whey isolate, but picked up some concentrate and can't stand the taste so I'll be abstaining! Yuck.

Have a good trip Cricket. You'll be gone a long time! Can't wait to hear how your cn on the road goes. And Jodi's too. Or are you waiting until you get back???

I'm taking BIO 105 - Biology for the non-science major. Craig will eat anything that isn't a fruit or vegetable. Other than that it's on!

I think I might have crossed posted with y'all this morning. I updated things up above. Weight is down to 214.8. Happy face! I'll take it.
  #178   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 02:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi DUSTI.. up again in middle of night for a few minutes..great on the consistent weight loss!!! How is the NSV going? Inches??

Hey, Craig is good for Atkins old time and this plan! Does he need to drop weight tooo?

The concentrate was a big no no per the book..The powder isloalte was the pnly one he encourgaged at all and now it is no good for F&P days! SAD. SO, good you did not have more of the concentrate!

BIO for NON science??? Now that I had not heard of Isn't that an oxymoron? LOL? I love all things bio and medical. Had my best times in psych clinical ..NY hospital..loved my crazies there. Did not like the dual Dx ward of chem.dependnecy.. so may head games there..manipulation experts.

So leaving in the morning and will be back Saturday afternoon. More driving that not! 9 hrs there and back and who know how long to get to other areas in FL to get some items ..at least I will have a little bit of time with my old neighbor and friend there. I fit between her flights he is a steward for jet Blue, and DIQ for Tupperware so this is one crazy busy gal! have not seen her in 8 years.. just one fast visit after moving here.

SO, have a great couple of days!
SHOUT out to LIANNE and the others that were stopping by here to say they wanted to come aboard and dissapeared are we getting our own ghosites???

G'nite
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 07:28

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning all . Popping in when I have time.

Copying this from my journal this morning:

Last night I had a bit of spaghetti sauce for supper after I got home from my massage. It was more ground beef than sauce.

I also enjoyed a couple of Soda Stream diet orange pop mixed with HWC. Love that!

This morning I made 2 scrambled eggs fried in bacon grease and topped with Himalayan salt, pepper and SF ketchup.

Brought a shake for lunch.
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Feb-25-16, 09:31

BF:

PAULETTE:
DAY 1.....2/09/16: 209.2
2.....2/10/16: 208.8
3.....2/11/16: 208.4
4.....2/12/16: 210.0
5.....2/13/16: 212.0
6.....2/14/16: 210.2
7.....2/15/16: 210.4
8.....2/16/16: 208.6
9.....2/17/16: 206.6
* CN...2/18/16: 207.4
DAY 1.....2/19/16: 209.6
2.....2/20/16: 208.6
3.....2/21/16: 208.4
4.....2/22/16: 207.6 (surgery day)
5.....2/23/16: 212.4
6.....2/24/16: 211.8
* CN.....2/25/16: 210.0

I am down 1.8 lbs from yesterday. Once again, I am curious what the weight would actually be if I never had the surgery...I am still swollen and I know I am holding a few lbs of water because of it.

Today is my CN! I have my plan set and I hope it does not deviate.

I am going to use my new whey isolate protein powder with my meals today. If it really does help to release insulin, then that is what I need. Perhaps I will not need to give myself shots of insulin to get the blood sugar down...or at least not as much. I will see how it goes. I will monitor closely as usual.

I did measure myself, but no inch loss yet. I will do the official measuring after a month of CNSing.

Have a good day everyone!
Closed Thread