Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 06:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 147/135/127-130
BF:
Progress:
Angry Stopped losing weight!!!???

I have been on the Atkins diet for about 2 months. I have lost 12 pounds but now for about 3 weeks nothing has happened. I work out 3 days a week and eat about 15- 20 grams of carbs daily. My ketone range from normal to trace... What is going on? Sometimes my weight fluctuates and the scale says that I have gained.... I have 8 more pounds to go what can I do? HELP!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 06:09

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

8 lbs to go....wow that's great! Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much, it will come off. Relax and just drink your water. For some of us, and maybe more then just some, we do reach a stall point and then all of a sudden a whoosh comes along of 2-3 lbs. With me I can stay stalled for a month then I get a whoosh....I don't worry about it, as long as I keep losing its fine with me

It is said also, that the less we have to lose, will take more time then others who have to lose much more!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 07:09

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Stopped losing weight!!!???

Quote:
Originally posted by askeens
I have 8 more pounds to go what can I do?
HELP!!!

First of all you can pat yourself on the back And then you can take a look at the section under "Low Carb Tips" about Plateaus and Stalls. Being patient would be good too. The last few pounds are the hardest to lose. There is a Study being undertaken by a few of the members of this board that is coming to a close this week, (under "My Jounral/Bootcamp" in the Group Journal Special Projects section of the forum). Many of the members are in a similar situation to you. A read through one or two journals might be helpful.

Hang in there and keep up the good work.
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 16:27

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Great job on your weight loss!
When things get alittle slow for me I nix the carbs all together, drink as much water as I can physically stand and take Chromium Picolinate. Hope this helps!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 16:41

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 306/298/160 Female 5', 5"
BF:BMI: 49.2/49.2/24
Progress: 5%

I haven't read about this anywhere, and am not positive about how valid this actually is...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE PHYSICALLY READ AND CONFIRMED THAT THIS INFORMATION IS CORRECT.

A few months ago, I ran into a guy who was on the Atkins diet. He was having some difficulty a few months prior to meeting me with losing any more weight. He had mentioned to me that there is a way to "SLAM" your body back into the weight loss if you plateau.

He said that he had read in an Atkins book, (now please don't quote me...or follow this advice...I suggest you look for this information to make sure it is correct before actually following it) that by eating avocados only (if I can remember correctly) for a day or so (then returning to the diet), it has some reaction with your body that will help you start to lose weight again.

Again, I can't state further...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM THIS INFORMATION BEFORE FOLLOWING IT! I would feel horrible if this were wrong, you followed it, and jeopardized your diet because of it.

Has anyone heard or read this? I would be interested in finding out if this were actually true.

Hope this gives you something to look for, and maybe it'll turn out to be true! (Wouldn't that be great?!)

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any information pertaining to this...and I'll let you know if I do find something. (Please do the same if any of you find information on this as well).

Soon2BSlim

P.S. But in the mean time, keep up the great work!!! You've done great so far...and I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure your plateau will end soon if you stick with it.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 18:34

Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

I think he's referring to the fat fast. That's when you eat 1000 calories, 900 of which is fat. He says not to use it unless you stick to brief intervals of less than 5 days, or unless you're being monitored by a physician experienced in that kind of diet.

You don't have to eat just avocados, it can be anything that adds up to 1000 calories with 900 of it being fat.

People use this to break out of stalls and try to jumpstart when there's metabolic resistance involved.

There's some people on these boards that have tried it, and I seem to remember them having some good results.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 19:18

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally posted by numberonewendy
With me I can stay stalled for a month then I get a whoosh....I don't worry about it, as long as I keep losing its fine with me

Wendy!!

I was stuck since that first 10 pounds and I finally had my WOOSH!! LOL hahahaahah. Weeeeeeeeee... 5 more pounds.. I like these wooshes! And now that I know they do exist I am putting the scale back under the sink and will wait patiently for the next one!!

nice to see you again

Hugs
Shannon
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 19:23

BF:

Wow girl you look great....good to see you....been a while
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 19:40

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%

Holy crow!!! You only have 10 more to go?? WOW... you have done a wonderful job so far and kudo's to you. I dont know how you manage to stay so patient but you have inspired me to be patient as well.. so I am trying.. and like I said.. this woosh was a very welcome achievement for me.. so yes you are right. as long as we are still loosing no matter how slow it is .. it is still a good thing!

( funny thing is.. this woosh came after about 3 nights of eating hot chicken wings and pizza.. minus most of the crust and bottom .. I just eat the top.. LOL )

wierd weird weird!

Hugs
Shannon
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 19:49

BF:

Thanks Shannon,

I must post a new pic one of these days...I'm afraid I need hubbys help for that, and we have been busy.

Yeah only 10 lbs to go...go figure. Yes I am being patient and not being obsessive on this food and weight stuff. I love this woe although I do have problems with the veggie part. I have had a few carbs here and there, but don't worry about it. No rush...me looking good now and know I will look better down the road. Still not exercising but it is marked down for the future Lots of flab to work on...LOL

That's right girl, be patient, you look just great....5 lb whoosh is fab...you keep it up Shannon, you will get there...I think with me I will change my 140 lb to 135 lb ...naturally when I reach the 140 lb...wanna see the percentage go to 100 % LOL
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-01, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Low Carb
Stats: 280/230/170 Male 5'-10"
BF:38%
Progress: 45%
Default STICK WITH IT

I take that when you say that you workout that you are engaged in weight training. A great way to secure your investment of the pounds you have already lost. Bear in mind that you are gaining lean muscle mass which is twice the weight of fat. So if you are gaining muscle and not gaining on the scale, then you are exchanging muscle for fat. This is not a FAST process, and the results will take time before you will notice the results that you want. DON'T FOCUS on the SCALE andPOUNDS as much as your appearance. REMEMBER as you continue to work out, you will eventually be gaining weight ...not loosing it.
Once you build up your muscle mass, you should consider doing an arobic excercise. This should help get your muscles to swollow up the remaining few pounds that you have. But keep it up and be patient.