Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-12-01, 10:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Thought this was worthy of passing along for all to have a peek at...this was posted to another BB I belong to...your choice to decide whether to complete the survey request...

Bonnie

Low Carbohydrate Weight Loss Diet Survey Announcement
Hello. My name is CJ Segal-Isaacson, EdD, RD. I am a researcher and nutritionist at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York. I am very interested in scientifically documenting the effects of low carbohydrate weight loss diets, especially ketogenic low carbohydrate weight loss diets.

Last year, I posted a short survey on ketogenic low carbohydrate diets and was astonished that 300 low-carbers took the time to answer it in less than two weeks. This was especially amazing given that I posted the survey just at the turn of the Millenium, over the holidays when understandably, peoples' minds might be on other things. One of the striking findings from that first survey was that many of the respondents had been very comfortably living a low carb lifestyle for very long periods of time; as
long as 28 years!

The results of this initial survey, as promised, were included in a grant application to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to study low carbohydrate diets. Although NIH has since declined to fund the project, a private foundation has stepped forth to fund the endeavor.

As you probably know, there's been a recent resurgence of interest in low carbohydrate diets. Given these preliminary results and the experiences of thousands of people, it's time ketogenic and other low-carb diets were more thoroughly studied.

The current survey has been modified from the initial Year 2000 survey to take into account the useful suggestions from the initial participants. It also covers many more types of low carb diets.

I would very much like to know about your experiences with low carbohydrate living and have designed a short Web-based survey. I would very much appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to complete the survey, especially if you completed the initial survey.

The information from this survey will be used for two purposes: 1) to document peoples' experiences with low carbohydrate diets for a peer-reviewed scientific article and 2) to design a national Controlled Carbohydrate Weight Control Registry, which will be launched in approximately six months. The purpose of the Registry is to document people's ongoing experiences with low carbohydrate lifestyles. If you are interested in participating in the Registry, please include your email address when you complete the survey.

A summary of the survey results will be forwarded to any respondent who requests it.

Thanks very much for reading my message. The survey is at: http://nutrition.aecom.yu.edu/cj/keto1.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 12th, 2001 11:31

Sponsored Links