Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/125/128 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 104%

If I find that I'm "stuck" I'll do a 1 meal blowout, 2 slices of pizza...WITH the crust....or a burger WITH the bun...but one meal, one time, I feel sick as a dog afterward, but usually within the next day or two the weight starts going down again. For leg cramps, its usually because you're dehydrated, make sure you're drinking a TON of water. If you do get one, bite your bottom lip, it's an accupressure point and it will ease the cramping (my hubby told me this and I didn't believe him either...until I tried it and it worked!)
Suzy
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 19:15

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 183/145.0/135 Female 5'6
BF:23
Progress: 79%

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but biting your lip must take your mind off the pain in your legs.

But seriously, accu-points are a homeopathic remedy is a great alternative to drugs which only offer temporary relief, loss of potassium is dangerous business.

I don't know if you're aware of the woman who died from drinking too much of that so-called diet tea (senna), she would steep two bags at once and not eat trying to lose weight (stupid) and her body lost so much potassium, her DH discovered her body when she didn't wake up from her nap.

While homeopathic approaches are good for small headaches (pressure between the thumb and forefinger), potassium is needed for proper heart function and should be replenished daily along with magnisium, especially while on a lc WOE.

Just my nickel.

Last edited by Linda Love : Tue, Sep-16-03 at 19:19.
  #243   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 15:58

Stats: 151/123/119 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I've noticed the carb-blowout day does does work to get the scale moving again, but I've also seen carb creep sneaking up as I've approached my goal weight. It's so easy to start adding a little here and a little there, and when I see the scale go up and not down I know I have to get stricter. Six more pounds and I am There!
  #244   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 16:27
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

I did a carb blowout yesterday, to see if it would make my weight training workout easier. It didn't, and all that happened is that I got sick to my stomach. And irritable, and incredibly hungry. It will be a BLUE MOON before I try that again.
  #245   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 16:56

I have to say, I am glad I don't do any strict lc program anymore. I just don't consume them as I used to, but I do include them in my diet now. What turned me around was the rapid and large weight gains when you eat a small carb laden food. I never cheated and I kept gaining and I watched my carbs and calories. I got so disgusted with my body, at the advice of a supporter, I did a carb blowout and blew the hell up (lol). Man, I got so sick it wasn't funny.

So, I went back to induction to get rid of all the heartburn from the carb blow out and read something about an internal cleansing system and how a clogged colon not only adds pounds, the average person still has at least 7 uneliminated meals still in his/her system? I mean they have a bloated abdomen, flatulence, achy joints, headache, nauseau, flu-like symptoms, frequent colds, tiredness, lethargy, depression just to name a few.

I found a product at Walgreen's for $14.95 called the Six-Way Cleanse. It is NOT a laxative, but a colon, blood, lymphatic, liver, lung, cleanser. Once your system is cleansed, you feel lighter, your pains diminish 100% or are almost completely gone. It's a bottle of herbs and a bottle of fiber. You don't have to, but in order for me to start my detox before I found this product, I fasted for 48 hours and drank and herbal nutrient 4x through those days. I quit smoking and drinking coffee since I was detoxing my body. I resumed my intense 6x a week workout. It's only been 2 weeks since I started all of this, but hey, how many times have you tried to quit something, but continually craved it? I don't even crave them.

Ever wonder why you're working out, taking supps, having regular BM's and can't seem to lose weight. Well, sludge builds in the colon along with parasites and they attach to your organs causing you all or more of the ailments mentioned above. There are several sites for these cleansers: www.colonblow.com, www.appliednutrition.com, www.isagenix.com.

I do not have any financial investments or ties to any of these companies, I only thought I should share some wisdom that you may benefit from.

Last edited by Linda Love : Thu, Oct-02-03 at 17:10.
  #246   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-03, 17:14

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

I have notice that the chlorofresh I purchased at the health food store has diminished the bad breath. I am still self conscious about it but everyone tells me it is gone. And Linda Love, the extra water and taking the supplements twice daily has done the trick with the cramps, still waiting to hear the test results though. I had kidney and liver function, sugar and cholesterol blood siphoned out. I looked at the other things I was taking as well, much duplication particularly with chromium. Stopped them and the nervousness diminished.
  #247   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 01:50

Bayrat! Good for you. That's right, listen to your body and feel and deal with anything that doesn't feel right.
  #248   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 01:53

OMG! I was on Amazon.com and saw DANDR on sale for a dime. I kid you not, it is .10 new or used. I could have saved a lot of bucks on mine.

Shit, somebody owes me 69.9 dimes!
  #249   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 17:33

Stats: 226.5/193.0/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

Well, I blew it with an apple this afternoon. Almost 20 carbs in it but I had been craving one ever since they started picking them this fall. I feel bloated, I can only imagine how the other person a few posts back felt after feasting on fruit.

Tests back from the doc Linda Love, all in good shape except total cholesterol is 205, says I need to drop five more pounds to get it at the optimal 200. The ratio is good and electrolytes are good. Sugar where it should be too. Leg cramps seem to have backed off, I think the extra water has helped as well as the supplements.
  #250   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:27

Hey, Bayrat, glad to hear your tests were exceptional. I'm sure those five pounds will melt off with little to no effort.

I'm not doing any set low carb plan anymore. Since it doesn't work for me anyway, I've gone back to my in-home bootcamp program and eat whatever I want. Of course, the "whatever I want" is called Michi's Ladder it's Japanese for "The Way." It's the way I choose for good health and weight control. It ain't easy, greazy, but Power 90 kicks but. The foods I eat are green veggies, whole grains, and lean meats. I'm back to drinking soy milk and eating my Kashi Go Lean cereal.

I missed my fruits too. Yesterday I had a bowl of white seedless grapes for a snack with my herbal black peach tea and my ice water. I feel great. I'm also using an internal cleanser.

The internal cleanser cleans everything, the skin, lymphatic system, liver, kidneys, colon, etc. I've also detoxed my body of nicotine by fasting for 48 hours and just drinking an herbal liquid cleanser. I smoked for over 25 years and don't miss 'em. (I've gotta get those old butts out my car ashtray).

Cleansing the internal organs rids the body of toxins--years of accummulations. An added bonus is when the toxins leave, so does the weight. Your belly becomes flatter.

I know this is long winded, but I had a moment...and took it. Caio!
  #251   ^
Old Tue, Oct-07-03, 21:55
Registered Member

Stats: 205/199/130 Female 65"
BF:33%
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe
Myself, I'm tempted to give this a try -- the one full day every three weeks thing. This diet is working fairly well for me so far. I've experienced some weight loss, and if it continues as I hope it will I will have lost over 10 pounds in induction! Not half bad, if it works out that way.

Absinthe...

Someone else made a suggestion of an 'hour' carb binge vs. a day carb binge. Just a thought but maybe the first time you binge you should make it an hour. If you don't get sick for the next few days cool! Next time have a day carb binge. But I'm thinking if you do get sick from the sudden explosion of carbs in your body, it won't be as bad after an hour (or single meal) of binging vs. a whole day.

I'm new to all this but I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and I think you might regret it later if you don't take the carb binge easy. Not because of a weight gain, that will probably come off quickly. But the ill feeling. You might not like that.
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 10:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

HOW TO BREAK A STALL - MY PERSONAL EXPERIMENT

During September, I was loosing weight when I first started having between 1000 and 1400 calories, many times a little less. Then got into a plateau. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong, until this month. So I increased my calories intake to be between 1600 and 1900, and seems to be that this is helping a lot.

About the refeed, is important that you take 1 calorie/ for each basal metabolic rate calorie you need + 20% more if you are slightly active, and 50% more if you are Active.

During refeeding, you need to have 60 - 65% of carbs, 20% - 25% proteins and 20%-25% fat.

The carbohydrates should come from High Glycemic foods:

Bread, pasta, rice, etc.

I suggest you check this page for more info on refeeding and the Leptin Hormone:

http://www.theministryoffitness.com...s/article18.htm.

I also recommend you do this Only if you see that your weight gets stock.

Eat all the carbs in about 1-2 hours and at night (Friday or Saturday).

Next day, start induction again. don't get scared if you gain one or two pounds next day. During the week you will loose this and more.

This has worked for me as well as another friend in who is in this forum. This does not mean that can work for you.
I really think that is fine to experiment and find what really helps one to get out of a plateau or stall. Atkins DOES speak in his book about the "Minibanquete".

I do not agree on doing Fat Fasting. This is used for people who have very very high metabolic resistance and doing so, if you are not metabolically resistant can cause very serious damage to your metabolism.

I also suggest that you do the refeeding every two weeks - Three weeks. Go out, have a hamburger, pasta, rice, nestea, coke, nachos (mmm), tacos etc...).

VERY IMPORTANT: Look at this refeed as if you where taking MEDICINE, so you wont fall of the wagon.

I wish you lots of luck. Please, let me know if this worked for you so I can see if I recommend it or not.

Last edited by becky160 : Wed, Oct-08-03 at 10:32.
  #253   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/180/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

YES, I have had a year of on and off days and to let ya'll know it's not great but, now i've discovered you guys-yee haa
  #254   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 18:48

Plan: adkins
Stats: 203/185/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default What chew talkin bout Willis??!!!!

ooooooweeee!!!Has some one been spying on me when I ate those two peices of Chocolate Cake and a mayo Sandwich?????oh.oh. and two peices of pizza!!!HElP!!!hahaha. Just dont do it all of the time....I was always told it dosent count when no one sees you eat it....Guess that goes for carbs too.hehe. You should start to worry when you start hiding your potato chips in the water tank of the toliet!!!! Just kidding...Hang in there guys...If you cheat just get up and start over!!! I'm still losing.....
  #255   ^
Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 21:43

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Wow, who dug up this dusty old thread?!

I kind of had a carb blowout on Superbowl Sunday. No illegal foods, but way too much of too many legal ones.

Not worth it. I felt like total crap yesterday and still have a headache today, and I'm up a few pounds. Never again.