Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#286   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 08:04
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

When I stop using a food that I have entered as a custom item, and I know I won't be using it again in the future, I just use 'customize' to edit it and make it into a totally different custom item.

Just change the title, serving amount, etc, and then enter all the new numbers for the nutrients. When you get to the bottom of the page, click 'Replace Custom Item'.

Just now, for instance, I changed an old entry for a packet of Splenda ... which had been entered with incorrect numbers ... into a totally new entry for Designer Whey Protein.

I do the same thing with old recipes.

Last edited by Kisal : Tue, Aug-25-09 at 08:10.
Sponsored Links
  #287   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-10, 07:21
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

I also would like the ability to copy days to other days. Sometimes when I am in a hurry I enter the food on the wrong day, and would like the ability to move them there.

Small pet peeve... but Love myplan.
  #288   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly

Hi, just now coming back to this site, and it looks great. My P.L.A.N. looks good, too, but just now when trying to use it, couldn't find just 'eggs'. They were frozen, or mixed with sausage stuff, etc.

Also, is there some way that those of us who do not buy premade foods can cut the rest of the stuff from the list that pops up?

Not asking for a miracle, just a simpler way to use a great tool for weight loss.

Thanks.
  #289   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 23:15
Never Give Up!

BF:

Try doing a search just for egg ... singular, not plural. I know, because I, too, hunted and searched for "eggs" until I was advised differently.

ETA: As you use My P.L.A.N., you can add foods to your Favorites list. You can also create a list of Custom Foods. If you often eat the same foods together, such as coffee and cream, bacon and eggs, etc., you can create Bulk Entries to make it quicker to add to your Daily Entry for a given date. Eventually, you will probably only rarely need to do a Food Search, because your preferred items will already be on your personal lists.

Last edited by Kisal : Wed, Apr-28-10 at 00:59.
  #290   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 02:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGibson
I also would like the ability to copy days to other days. Sometimes when I am in a hurry I enter the food on the wrong day, and would like the ability to move them there.

Small pet peeve... but Love myplan.

Definitly on the to-do list.

There's a dirty work-around for now, by using bulk meals to handle repetitive combos.

Wa'il
  #291   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 16:02

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

For those of us on an anti-inflammation diet is there a way to include this information in the daily summary?

Thanks
  #292   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 22:01
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
For those of us on an anti-inflammation diet is there a way to include this information in the daily summary?

Please elaborate, what would you like it to display?

Wa'il
  #293   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-10, 07:34

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Please elaborate, what would you like it to display?

Wa'il
Each food has an IF (inflammatory factor) rating which tells how it affects our body. Here and here and here are several sites with the information. After thinking about it, it may may be too hard to set up and you would have to have permission but it sure would be nice as it would tell how our eating is affecting us..
  #294   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-10, 10:18
4 phases Use them

Thanks for the info on using bulk meals, I will try it.

Is there a way to check ingredients of foods in the database?

Here is a good example, for months I have been using egg scrambled only to finally realize that it is using dairy and the carbs from the dairy are included. I would like to be able to examine ingredients on the imported list to see how closely they are to my recipes, and then possibly modify them for my own use and bring them in as a custom food.

No biggie, what I started doing this last year was using egg fried. Which then drops the carbs down to Egg only (I believe)

Is there a way to have my plan display net carbs for the day. I do the calculation in my head most times, but I am lazy
  #295   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-10, 16:40
Never Give Up!

BF:

For eggs, I always use "egg, raw, whole". I enter anything I add, such as butter, as a separate food.
  #296   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-10, 14:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Is there a way to check ingredients of foods in the database?

Here is a good example, for months I have been using egg scrambled only to finally realize that it is using dairy and the carbs from the dairy are included. I would like to be able to examine ingredients on the imported list to see how closely they are to my recipes, and then possibly modify them for my own use and bring them in as a custom food.

No biggie, what I started doing this last year was using egg fried. Which then drops the carbs down to Egg only (I believe)

It depends on the source of the entry. If it's from the USDA database, the title/description is all we have to guess the contents. If the source of the entry is from a recipe, clicking on the "view recipe" link will list all the ingredients.
Quote:
Is there a way to have my plan display net carbs for the day. I do the calculation in my head most times, but I am lazy

It's displayed in the daily summary page, under "Meal Summary/Totals". Based on your settings, it will either display carbs or PECC.

Wa'il
  #297   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-10, 01:20

Plan: primal blueprint
Stats: 226/000/000 Female 5' 3"
BF:36
Progress: 100%

cherries are in season:

http://dailyburn.com/nutrition/food_search

http://caloriecount.about.com/calor...ies-sweet-i9070

MyPLAN currently tells me that there are 73 calories per POUND of cherries - i believe it should be about 85 per cup. or about 56 per 100 grams.

i LOVE the food measurements standardized by gram weight in MyPLAN, BTW.
  #298   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-10, 10:38
4 phases Use them

Tamarian,

a couple of things,

1) I was wondering about the possiblity of an iphone/ipad app for the site? I have both devices and while they work, its kinda difficult in the mobile browser. Also, if there is a chance at something like that I have friends who write software for those devices that I could talk to about it.

2) Is there a way to lift the 45 second post restriction on paid members? Here is the reason, I type and read really really fast... so I often hit this. If not... No big deal.... just thought I would ask.

John Gibson
  #299   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-10, 02:30
Forum Founder

Quote:
Tamarian,

a couple of things,

1) I was wondering about the possiblity of an iphone/ipad app for the site? I have both devices and while they work, its kinda difficult in the mobile browser. Also, if there is a chance at something like that I have friends who write software for those devices that I could talk to about it.

2) Is there a way to lift the 45 second post restriction on paid members? Here is the reason, I type and read really really fast... so I often hit this. If not... No big deal.... just thought I would ask.

1) Are you able to login via iPad? A user is asking about that and I have no access to an iPad to test.

I haven't done anything with mobile phones for the site. For mobile browsing, a trimmed, less cluttered interface might be enough. For My P.L.A.N. it may just need an API so different platforms can integrate with it. Don't think I'd have the time for this anytime soon, but will gladly open source it if a qualified developer wants to take over the development effort.

2) Just changed it to 30 seconds. Will see if we can eliminate it for all, except new registrants, no prevent spam floods.

Wa'il
  #300   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-10, 09:13
4 phases Use them

Thanks Tam,

actually the 30 seconds is helping, but I still hit the wall...

but that is ok... rather not have spam and let me wait a few seconds.

Yeah. I use an Ipad on the site quite a bit. If you PM what the software is on the back end for the BB we maybe able to find an open source mobile optimization already.

I would be willing to look into it and PM you the results if you want.

Personally I don't think it needs an IPAD/Iphone App, probably just needs an HTML 5 front end for mobile phones, once that is in place then access url could be something like lowcarber.org/mobile.

Just thinking.

John