Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 11:58

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hello, hope you read this… Son’s Nan is doing well and made it to Oz. I on the other hand had a huge relapse and have barely left my bed. Not sure if I mentioned I have Fybro/ME/ chronic fatigue. I just over did things. Have you heard of the spoon theory? Its where you have a certain amount of spoons a day (the spoons represent energy) and the idea is to use them wisely. I burnt myself out and used too many spoons. At times i could barely take a shower or brush my teeth, it’s like climbing a mountain. On the mend now but it’s slow. Actually, I fasted for two days yesterday, I’m seriously considering autophagy. Sorry I haven’t updated sooner, just couldn’t face putting the words together. Hope it’s all going well for you? Please excuse errors, I can barely see, think I need reading glasses. Booked an appointment for end of week. All the best, back soon x
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-22, 14:12

Plan: IF+HP+Cycling+Stillman
Stats: 148/147/130 Female 5’6”
BF:29%/27%/20%-25%
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemaste
Hello, hope you read this… Son’s Nan is doing well and made it to Oz. I on the other hand had a huge relapse and have barely left my bed. Not sure if I mentioned I have Fybro/ME/ chronic fatigue. I just over did things. Have you heard of the spoon theory? Its where you have a certain amount of spoons a day (the spoons represent energy) and the idea is to use them wisely. I burnt myself out and used too many spoons. At times i could barely take a shower or brush my teeth, it’s like climbing a mountain. On the mend now but it’s slow. Actually, I fasted for two days yesterday, I’m seriously considering autophagy. Sorry I haven’t updated sooner, just couldn’t face putting the words together. Hope it’s all going well for you? Please excuse errors, I can barely see, think I need reading glasses. Booked an appointment for end of week. All the best, back soon x

Sending cosmic hugs. I hope you recover quickly.

I was away myself for a week or two. My FIL was seriously ill (his heart actually stopped at one point) and a nephew I support had a mental breakdown. Their crises are mostly over, but I can definitely relate to the idea of being overdrawn on the energy front and I don’t even have a serious medical condition to contend with!

Thank you for coming in to provide an update. Hope this doesn’t sound strange from a stranger over the internet, but I do sometimes worry about you! I feel like I know you from following the Stillman posts on LCF for years…(though I did not post often myself).
  #168   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-23, 15:26

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSB
Sending cosmic hugs. I hope you recover quickly.

I was away myself for a week or two. My FIL was seriously ill (his heart actually stopped at one point) and a nephew I support had a mental breakdown. Their crises are mostly over, but I can definitely relate to the idea of being overdrawn on the energy front and I don’t even have a serious medical condition to contend with!

Thank you for coming in to provide an update. Hope this doesn’t sound strange from a stranger over the internet, but I do sometimes worry about you! I feel like I know you from following the Stillman posts on LCF for years…(though I did not post often myself).

My goodness, it’s nearly a year to the day that you wrote this! Did I reply somewhere other than here? I think I did as we spoke after my surgery. Anyway, I hope you are well and that life has been good to you. I’m back for a bit, trying to decide what to do…
  #169   ^
Old Thu, Nov-30-23, 18:26

Plan: IF+HP+Cycling+Stillman
Stats: 148/147/130 Female 5’6”
BF:29%/27%/20%-25%
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemaste
My goodness, it’s nearly a year to the day that you wrote this! Did I reply somewhere other than here? I think I did as we spoke after my surgery. Anyway, I hope you are well and that life has been good to you. I’m back for a bit, trying to decide what to do…

Yes, no worries, we had many other convos earlier this year. Glad to see you back!