Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#271   ^
Old Sun, May-01-11, 05:06

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Catcookie, how lovely to have a variety you enjoy. I think having choices that suit us is vital.

Best wishes to you for a very delightful day.
Sponsored Links
  #272   ^
Old Wed, Aug-31-11, 17:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/183/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 22%

I see the last post here was quite some time ago. Anyone doing Callenetics these days?
I love Callenetics - makes me feel good - but have a hard time finding the time to do them.
  #273   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 11:43

BF:

Hi, Cats. I haven't looked at this forum for awhile, just happen to be on today. I do Callanetics every day.

They are my miracle exercises.

I happily pass up doing some other things in order to have time for pulsing exercises and stretches.

All the best to you.
  #274   ^
Old Fri, Sep-02-11, 17:45

Thanks for posting Em! How long have you done them? Which DVD do you use?
Once again today, I woke up WAY too early, so spent 4 hours trying to slepp, instead of going ahead and getting anything done, and once again I totally beat after work.
But I'm still going to try to have some mornings when I get them done. I know once I get into the habit it will come naturally. It's just getting the habit going.
  #275   ^
Old Sat, Sep-03-11, 11:45

BF:

Hi, Cats. I've been doing Callanetics faithfully for about five years, and intermittently for over twenty years, mostly using the Ten in Ten video.

I have a routine I do each day, taken from the Ten in Ten video, the AM/PM, and CallaneticsEvolution, along with a few other exercises I've collected over the decades. I do most of the pulses/exertion exercises in the morning, with lots of stretches, and then a shorter routine in the evening with just a couple of exertion exercises, and stretches. The Callanetics Concepts which Sandra Hanna explains on the Evolution video can be added to any of the older routines, as well as added to any activity in daily life. If you don't have the Evolution DVD, I highly recommend it, for the Concepts and technique.

I modify the exercises as well as the routine to fit my needs.

Sandra Hanna has a Facebook page, called Callanetics Evolution, if I remember correctly. She answers questions and posts videos or various exercises, if that should interest you.

I can't imagine going a whole day without Callanetics. They are what keep me from getting creaky and stiff. They keep me limber and strong enough to garden, carry groceries, and such.

All the best to you.
  #276   ^
Old Tue, Sep-06-11, 20:04

SilverEm, thank you for that website info. I'll check it out.
Yeah - I did most of the Beginning Callenetics DVD this a.m. Ran out of time to do it all. But had thought I didn't have time this a.m., but forced myself to do it anyway and spend less time with some other morning routing things. Was nearly late to work, but at least I learned that I can get at least part of the DVD squeezed in if I really want to.
I hope we can get a group posting on this thread again.
  #277   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 14:35

BF:

Hi, Cats. I divide up my routines, and do small groupings of exercises and stretches at various times of the day. I save some of my favorite stretches for evening, and do some things twice or thrice each day. I think any part we do is of great help. Daily Callanetics keeps me from creaking so much.

Sandra Hanna, who is the master teacher on the Evolution video, has posted that when she had small children, she would do small bits of the routine, a few minutes at a time. She would just take what time she could, and get the whole routine in by the end of the day.

Cats, if you end up getting the Ten in Ten video, I'd be interested to know how the Beginning compares with the Ten in Ten.

I've watched Super Callanetics a few times, but don't have it. It's a great routine, if you're thinking of adding another DVD to your toolbox.

All the best to you.
  #278   ^
Old Thu, Sep-08-11, 19:14

It would really help if I would just memorize the exercises and do like you said, a few here and there.I did a couple of the warm ups, all the stomach and a few leg ones this a.m. Don't know why, but I've been sleeping later this week than usual. And I have my alarm set for the last possible time I can get up. I'm always up before it, but how much before just depends on my body.
Did I mention I have Cardio Callenetics, but have never even watched it, much less done it. I really want to get to the place where I can do it regularly. At one time I had hoped to get to where I could do the Instructor class and become a certified instructor in my retirement years. Well, I don't have too much longer until retirement. If I want to make that happen, I better get going with just being a real good and committed student!
  #279   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-11, 19:16

I finally got the Cardio Callenetics DVD out today. Low & behold it says it has some Callenetics Evo on it! (I didn't get that far, hope to tonigight) I did several minutes of the Cardio. Watched the rest of it. It's alot of leg movement, stepping sideways, forward, backward, etc. (along with arm movement). I'm going to try & do it, but need to take it slow with my bad ankle, knee & hip. I'm going to go watch the rest of it tonight and see, maybe the toning part she does a little faster than on the Beginner one, in which case maybe I could more done in the a.m.s.
I guess this is suppose to be a challenge thread. So how's this for a challenge - Getting back to doing Callenetics at least 3 times a week.
  #280   ^
Old Thu, Sep-15-11, 20:42

I'm getting a little more regular about doing Callenetics! Body feeling much better too!
  #281   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-12, 07:03

BF:

Very sad news today. Callan passed away a few days ago. Although I never met her, I will miss her very much. She gave me a great deal, through her life story and Callanetics. Here is an obituary from Legacy website:

Callan Pinckney - SAVANNAH - Callan Pinckney of Savannah, GA passed away Thursday, March 1, 2012. She lived an amazing life of adventure. Callan also known as Barbara was a Debutante and left Savannah behind in 1961 on a freighter bound for Germany. For more than 10 years, she hitchhiked around the world from Africa to Asia to Europe working odd jobs to survive and going through unbelievable experiences. After arriving back to the United States, she lived in New York and created an extraordinary fitness program called Callanetics. Through Callan's hardwork and determination, Callanetics jumped up to number one on the Bestseller List and received many other awards. She returned back to her roots in Savannah, GA in 1992, where she retired. She truly will be missed. She is predeceased by her Father Eustace B. Pinckney,Jr, Mother Margaret Pfeiffer Pinckney, and a Brother Francis (Bubba) deSales Pinckney. She is survived by her Sister Genevieve (Jane) Middleton, a Sister in Law Elizabeth (Ticky) Pinckney and 8 nieces and nephews. There will be a private burial. Savannah Morning News March 4, 2012 Callan Pinckney