Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 10:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/242/165 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default My Scale Lied To Me :-(

My scale lied to me it told me a flat out lie. :-( I was so excited thought I had that big swoosh. I weighed myself several time's couldn't believe my eye's tickled to death with my loss. But all I had was dying batteries :-( I was so upset I threw the scale away. But I went and got it put it away in my closet. I said the heck with it I give up. I ate a candy bar and a big slice of strawberry cheese cake. It didn't treat me well. So I'm back on track come to far to quit now. Pity parties over I can do this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 10:33

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

I can't tell if this post is a joke or not. So assume this is for real, and even though you have lost 39 pounds already...in only six weeks!, you still ate a candy bar and cheesecake. You are likely still in pain, you wrote a few days ago "The cause of my pain is Diabetes type 2, Neuropathy and Arthritis" A diabetes diet is a No Sugar, No Starch diet, simple to follow for eventually fixing the pain. https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf
Work on controlling your blood glucose and insulin first, fix the inflammation and reduce your pain first. The number on the scale doesn't mean much if you can't walk. As Dr. Phinney says:
Don't trust the bathroom scale with your mental health.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Dec-04-18 at 12:47.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 11:36

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Totally understand your frustrations!!! ANd so GLAD you found a way to get over it because YOU have come a LONG way to quit now. Just a learning moment.

I dont use a scale that has batteries, but it has other issues. OR my body does. I had to make friends with my scale, it is only a tool. PART of the process. ANd one can cannot be allowed to wreck the whole jurney. Yaaa, speaking from experience here on THAT one. Weighing in for the "First of the Month" is tough-- and I have had hiccups that packed on pounds over those few crucial days before the big monthly weigh in. Yaa, I weighed and, it hurt, but I owned it....... then did what I needed to do.

YOU too have done what you needed to do. You've got this. Hiccups happen, life goes on. HUGS.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 16:37

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderLily
My scale lied to me it told me a flat out lie. :-( I was so excited thought I had that big swoosh. I weighed myself several time's couldn't believe my eye's tickled to death with my loss. But all I had was dying batteries :-( I was so upset I threw the scale away. But I went and got it put it away in my closet. I said the heck with it I give up. I ate a candy bar and a big slice of strawberry cheese cake. It didn't treat me well. So I'm back on track come to far to quit now. Pity parties over I can do this.

I actually had an old analog scale that proved to be 20 lbs off. I bought a digital scale and instantly gained 20 lbs.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-18, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/general low carb
Stats: 196/183/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I was told by someone to get a fabric measuring tape and don't use the scale anyway. Use your clothes, how you feel and how you look in your old clothes as a guide. There are so many reasons to have discouraging but erroneous scale readings.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/242/165 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I can't tell if this post is a joke or not. So assume this is for real, and even though you have lost 39 pounds already...in only six weeks!, you still ate a candy bar and cheesecake. You are likely still in pain, you wrote a few days ago "The cause of my pain is Diabetes type 2, Neuropathy and Arthritis" A diabetes diet is a No Sugar, No Starch diet, simple to follow for eventually fixing the pain. https://www.dietdoctor.com/se/wp-co...starch_diet.pdf
Work on controlling your blood glucose and insulin first, fix the inflammation and reduce your pain first. The number on the scale doesn't mean much if you can't walk. As Dr. Phinney says:
Don't trust the bathroom scale with your mental health.

It's definitely no joke no unfortunately I did not lose 39 lbs in 6 weeks.I have lost 12 very disappointing but it is what it is. I know I'm not supposed to have sugar but at the moment I did not care. Yes I still have pain that's a daily life thing for me. My blood sugars are better than they have been in months almost normal range.I'm not using the scale any longer put it away will have the Doctor check it in January.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-18, 10:23

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Fat loss is tedious and slow. Fluctuations in water provide all the excitement. Not that the water loss itself isn't often a good thing, especially if it's there due to inflammation or some other health issue, but you can't really judge the quality of weight loss by the scale. There's nothing wrong with a twelve pound weight loss in six weeks.