Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 16:30

Plan: I'm not sure
Stats: 145/145/135
BF:22
Progress: 0%
Question How can I get rid of my yeast infections for good??!!

I'm totally new to this forum and the fact that Candida can affect people in many different ways.
My problem is that I have been experiencing recurring yeast infections for nearly a decade. And if it's not that it's Bacterial Vaginosis which I've been told is caused by the same thing as a yeast infection. I will admit that I eat alot of fruit and probably too many sweets. Could anyone direct me to some links about this diet I've heard about that can help rid my system of unnecessary yeast? My goal is to have an entire year without any vaginal infections!

Last edited by valure : Wed, Mar-12-03 at 16:31.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 19:29

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 122/118/114
BF:28
Progress: 50%

I don't have any good links that I can post here, but just one thought... are you on birth control pills? It's possible that your birth control pills may be the culprit if you are taking the BCP with rather high progesterone to estrogen ratio (with progesterone being high). There are BCP's that have relatively more estrogen than progesterone.

If not, your diet must be ridden with sugar or/and moldy foods. I'm sure someone can point you to a good link.

tmo
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 19:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Valure
Just a suggestion that worked for my sister who had recurring yeast infections like every 3 months for over ten years. Six garlic pills a day divided into three doses and cotton underwear. Oh, and no douching.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 03:56

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

...and as you said it...cut out the sweets/starches!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 18:58

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Recurring yeast infections could be a symptom of many things, including diabetes. Have you seen a doctor for this?

It could also be possible that you have candida. You would need to get this under control. You would have to follow a candida diet. There is a sticky on the top of this forum, that contains alot of links. I would start there.

-Denise
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 19:25

Plan: I'm not sure
Stats: 145/145/135
BF:22
Progress: 0%

Thanks for all the advice everybody.
I was recently on the birth control pill but have since quit to see if it could be the source of my problems.

I'll give the garlic pills a try and also the candida diet (I still can't find the sticky at the top of the forum )

As a start I've cut out all sweets from my diet but I don't think I can eliminate fruit, or is it necessary?

thanks
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-03, 11:53
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrates addict's lifespan program
Stats: 178/173/150
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default candida suggestions

Hi,

I just started to have these wonderful recurring yeast infections over the past 2 yrs. Here is what I have learned. Eat a low carb diet (maybe 30-60) a day. Excersize regularly to help balance hormones. If you are not eating yeast causing foods and you excersize, your bocy will not have a chance to create this nasty infetion.

I suffered with the infections too but since I have low carbed on two seperate occasions, now and a yeat ago, within a week my infections dissapear.

Also, you may be allergic to something you are eating. I would suggest having your allergies tested by a physician. Or search google for allergy testing. There are some sites that show how to test you food indeferences by yourself using your heart rate as a moniter.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 16:03

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

---VIGILIANCE!

Roll up the sleeves; Gird your loins--"Just DO it!"

I'm proof it can be beaten, but it'll take a while. Patience...