Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 10:45

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Calisthenics
February 2010 goal: 800 minutes, at least 40 minutes 5 nights a week.
105 out of 800 completed!

Last night: Did No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels last night, I have never seen my wrists sweat before.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 10:46

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thursday 10/10 session (done)
Friday Walking/Cardio (done)
Saturday AM session and the Walking/Cardio (done)
Sunday 10/10 session (done)
Monday PM session and Walking/Cardio (done)
Tuesday 10/10 session (done)
Wednesday Walking/Cardio (done)

So it's day 21 done, as in 3 weeks, everyday..I still can't believe it went by that quickly.
So week 1 was the PM Callanetics routine...20 minute sessions..a really great way to easy myself into exercising..instead of aiming too high and using every excuse in the book to not exercise today...I had to exercise, there was no legitimate excuse for not doing this.

Week 2 was the AM Callanetics routine...20 minute sessions..the next step, more intense yet not so much that I could justify not doing it everyday..and my back was feeling better.

Week 3...time to step it up to the 10/10 routine...45 minutes of "you're going to feel this after you do it".lol 3 times a week, with an added walking video on the off days...I really liked the walking routine, infact for two to the days I added it to a 20 minute Callanetics (one AM, one PM) so that brings me to today...the final day of my "new weekly routine"...I think I like it, the 3rd 10/10 session made me literally be glad today was my easy day...just the walking, but I could feel the back of my arms when I used them, and the calf muscles which never bother me.

Week 4...continue to do this set of routines for another week...then reassess..wish me luck.LOL
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 10:51

Plan: South Beachy/ My Plan
Stats: 206/159.0/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Good Luck!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 10:59

BF:

Thanks Marie...I think this may be the year that it finally all comes together for me...I am very optimistic.
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 17:40
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi ladies, I'm definitely at the babystep phase. Did 30 of the beginning callanetics - have lost so much flexibility and strength since my three surgeries the past couple of years. Couldn't do three exercises because of knee swelling/pain.
Have a feeling I'll be using this dvd for a long spell. LOL
Planning to do it again tomorrow.
Denise
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 18:20

BF:

Denise, no worries, it takes time, and as Callan says, don't look at someone else's stretch, their stretch might always be more than yours, I think the key is to try, don't force and get discouraged, even just watching it and trying to get into a position is learning, I know at the end of the 10/10 tape she gives substitute exercises for people with knee problems...most of the exercises that say "pelvic" like the wave, rotation, and tilt can be very hard on the knees..don't do them...or wait 2 or 3 weeks and try 2 reps...I had to start really slowly with them.

So what did you think of the ones you could do, I started with 1/2 the number of reps of the tape I used the very first time I did them many years ago, I still have to correct my position, relax my shoulders, and not force myself.

Keep in touch about how you are doing.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 13:44

BF:

Friday Walking/Cardio
Saturday AM session and the Walking/Cardio
Sunday 10/10 session
Monday PM session and Walking/Cardio
Tuesday 10/10 session
Wednesday Walking/Cardio

Days of Exercising 22/180

Started second week of new routine...procrastinated, was hungry and did not want to exercise on top of tuna salad...then thought...oh it is the 45 minute tougher routine...looked at bathing suits, got a glass of water, put on my gym gear and said "Princess just do it"...LOL
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 13:53
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl

Friday Walking/Cardio
Sunday 10/10 session
Tuesday 10/10 session
Wednesday Walking/Cardio

Days of Exercising 22/180

Started second week of new routine...procrastinated, was hungry and did not want to exercise on top of tuna salad...then thought...oh it is the 45 minute tougher routine...looked at bathing suits, got a glass of water, put on my gym gear and said "Princess just do it"...LOL

You go girl!!! Another night of exhausted non sleep, but will do Beginning after work! Denise
  #69   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 14:54

BF:

Why no sleeping?
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 10:18

BF:

Friday PM session, and Walking/Cardio Part 1 and 2(done)
Sunday 10/10 session
Tuesday 10/10 session
Wednesday Walking/Cardio

Added second part of walking/cardio tape!
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 10:38
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Why no sleeping?

Oh, long time insomnia - this week was horrible, last week okay. LOL
Managed only two exercises last night, knee hurt in any position then my dvd player pooped out for the night. Will try again this weekend.
denise
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 10:59

BF:

which exercises gave you the problems...I actually got her book at a second hand store a couple of years ago, she has modifications for most of her exercises...I could see what they are if you would like.

I find LC helped my sleeping, if I go too lc though then I am wide awake till 1 in the morning and then can only sleep for 3-4 hours and I am wide awake again..VLC does that to me.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 11:00

BF:

double posting.
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 11:40
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
which exercises gave you the problems...I actually got her book at a second hand store a couple of years ago, she has modifications for most of her exercises...I could see what they are if you would like.

I find LC helped my sleeping, if I go too lc though then I am wide awake till 1 in the morning and then can only sleep for 3-4 hours and I am wide awake again..VLC does that to me.

Just standing to do the side stretches hurts my knee. I need to give it some time to settle. I was on my feet all day Wednesday packing boxes for work and it totally aggravated it.
Yes, low carb has never been real sleep friendly for me. In fact, when I was in relapse this winter, slept like a babe in a sugar hazed coma. LOL
Ive had chronic insomnia related to post traumatic stress for over 30 years. Just a bit a stress will set it off at times...and this week sleep deprivation has negatively colored my world - I'm emotionally and physically exhausted....soooo glad it's Friday and I'm off for 3 days just to rest rest baby.
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 13:40

BF:

LC helps me with depression, this is the first "drug free"February in years, I find sitting in a sunny spot really helps too, and though when I was depressed exercise and reading were both difficult, I believe that the exercising I am doing now is helping too. You are struggling, I used to call it "in the hole and someone has greased the walls"..have you been able to find anything that helps you?