Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:15
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking

Hello everyone,

Ok first things first, those of you that sent me money to the APO address I gave you, I just found out today by DH that it will take a while for me to get it. SUCKS! I should still get it on time but what he said was, because it's an American address the post goes to the states first to get sorted then comes back this way. I thought that was stupid cause we are in the same country but he said that's how the post works. OH well.

Ok now, I need to know who is bringing a dish and what is it? I need to know this to make sure we don't have duplicates.

So by your name please add what you are bringing so I can make sure not to buy it.

AFwife....turkey's, veggies, pumpkin cheesecake, water, tea, lc ice cream, stuff that goes in gift basket for giveaway challenge

Demi....1 turkey.....this is what your money is paying for. Thanks again.

Tortie
LittleAnne
Kadjax
SylviaUK

Some one else was sending money can't remember who, sorry. But your money will be paying for the desserts I'm making.

Ok I think that's it. Oh and of course I need to know who's catching the train and at what times so we can schedule the pick ups.

Cheers!

oh almost forgot, if you are bringing some one with you I need to know how many so we make enough room. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:33
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

I thought I would post some of the dishes I'm making for the Meet.

To start: Onion Soup made with mozzarella cheese and normally with croutons but DH will be making it with lc Atkins bread instead. It's YUMMY!

Then fried turkey (we are making 2 of these) with Green beans Amandine, that's green beans with sliced almonds. YUMMY!

For dessert we have, CarbSmart ice cream and pumpkin cheesecake. The cheesecake has 5 net carbs, and made with cream cheese. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!

Of course we will have more but this is the main part of the meal. We'll have appetizers as well so you can munch on healthy stuff till the meal is ready.

Ok once I know what everyone is bringing I'll incorporate it into the menu.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 00:33
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 171.8/161/137 Female 5.1
BF:
Progress: 31%
Lightbulb

Sunday 28 November 2004 StationArrDepTravel byService Provider MALDEN MANOR 09:40 Train SOUTH WEST TRAINS LTD. LONDON WATERLOO 10:12 10:12 Tube* LONDON KINGS CROSS 11:15 11:15 Train WAGN RAIL ROYSTON 11:48 11:53 Bus WAGN RAIL CAMBRIDGE STATION 12:23 12:44 Train CENTRAL TRAINS ELY 13:00 hi lily, here's a time table for the south west train service. hopefully if they all run on time i should be with you about 1.00pm.. don't know if anyone else is getting the train from waterloo? if you are let me know and maybe we could meet up and travel together? see you all soon...kadx.
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 01:33
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

That's great Kadx, thanks. I'll be sure to let DH know to be waiting for you there. He'll be the silly one holding up a sign that says UK MEET!

Anyone else catching the train from Waterloo or anywhere else for that matter?

Demi
Tortie
LittleAnne
Kadjax.....train from Waterloo arriving at 1pm
SylviaUK
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 02:04

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

AFwife....turkey's, veggies, pumpkin cheesecake, water, tea, lc ice cream, stuff that goes in gift basket for giveaway challenge

Demi.... Chocolate Torte and Cream (1 turkey.....this is what your money is paying for. Thanks again.)

Tortie
LittleAnne
Kadjax
SylviaUK
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-04, 02:12
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Oh Yummy Demi, can't wait to try it.

LittleAnne is sending money too so her's will pay for the paper plates, cups, napkins, spoons, forks, etc.....that we'll use to eat on so I don't have to pull out tons of plates from my cupboard. Beats washing dishes right, just throw the stuff away.

I can't wait, I'm so excited. SOOOO excited that I barely slept last night thinking about menu's and how to set up the dining room....oh my goodness, what fun we'll have.

I'll be recording some Christmas music to play....I know it's a Thanksgiving meal we'll be having but since Christmas is the next Holiday here in England I thought we'd play some in the background.

WOO HOO can't wait to see you all again. You guys, I have to tell ya, my success in Atkins, is thanks to all the support I get from you all and this is my way of saying thank you.

HUGS TO ALL!
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 03:49
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Little Anne I got your money today.

That was fast too.

I'm sorry to the others who sent money to the APO address, I didn't know it would take this long. But it will get here so no worries.

Ok I'll give it to DH today and he'll go deposit tomorrow during his lunch so we can buy the eating utensils.

Thanks a bunch.

See ya soon.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 10:06
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

WOO HOO I just got Demi's money.

Thanks Demi....you're brave to send it cash...I'd be to scared that it would get lost in the post.

But it made it. WOO HOO!

What a lovely flower card too.

Can't wait till the 28th, I'm so excited.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 18:25

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Lily, being a coward as regards the UK post I thought I'd just bring the money with me if that's OK by you?

Separately, I'm happy to bring some food too if you'll say what is required Maybe some veg to go with the turkey, or possibly some nuts to nibble at since others are supplying dessert? A bottle of wine goes without saying

I also need to check train timetables and will get back to you... Is it difficult to get on base and park if I come by car?

Thanks!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-04, 01:13
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

That would be fine Sylvia. And thanks!

Some nuts to nibble on with wine is PERFECT!

I live in base housing but outside of base so you won't have a problem parking right in front of my house.

Can't wait to see ya.

Hugs!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 03:15
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Vanessa, I got your check...thank you very much. This will really help out lots.

You're money will be put towards buying the seasoning for the turkeys and the propane to cook the turkeys.

You guys will love the way the turkey comes out, it's always so YUMMY!

Can't wait. just 9 more days. WOO HOO!

You guys, are truly the best and I thank God for each and everyone of you. Your support has really done me good and I hope I have been able to do the same.

Cheers!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 09:47

Stats: 260/142/140 Female 5.7 inches
BF:
Progress: 98%

Can't wait to see everyone - thanks Lily for all your hard work.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 12:05

Plan: my own
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress:

Hiya

Just checked in what dates did you settle on in the end?

DeeUK
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 12:08

Plan: my own
Stats: ---/---/--- Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress:

the 28th Nov?

IF so i could make that one just can't do any in Dec
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Nov-19-04, 12:27
PuertoRican Princess

BF:

Looking forward to seeing you DeeUK.

Let me know for sure so I can PM you my address.

Cheers!