Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 15:32

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 167.5/151.5/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Journal is up!

Okay, Guys --
My journal is up and ready to go: Mystery of Malibanne and the Case of the Body Odyssey. The Internet crashed here yesterday, so I couldn't set up the journal. But it is there now. Hope to see you all there. And thanks again for all your help!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 21:46

Plan: iDukan, Consolidation
Stats: 174/147/147 Female 5'7"
BF: Goal: < 30%
Progress: 100%

Great title!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-12, 22:44

BF:
Default Thanks, Joan --

I'd hoped to start reading today, but after the computer crash ended I had a lot of bill paying to do, and then wanted to finish crocheting a huge stocking for my son's girlfriend and "mate" of almost five years. They'll be here during the holiday season, so I was eager to finish that.

Tomorrow is a new day! I will though! And yours is on the list!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Dec-13-12, 09:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/189/150 Female 66.5in
BF:
Progress: 43%

I usually have had poor success when I eat diet Jell-O and so this time around I eliminated it completely. I also used to eat peanut butter instead of fresh nuts so I stopped that as well. I lost weight the other way but this time I have steadily lost 3 pounds per week for 8 weeks straight and I also feel great every day. In the past I had serious issues with leg heaviness and tiredness and I don't have that problem at all this time. One of the posts I read here helped me greatly - I never knew Sucralose was better for low carbers than Equal/aspartame so I would drink a diet soda a day but now dont use Equal at all. Fortunately when I think I must have a fruit type flavor or die I will have a diet Shasta because it uses sucrose instead of aspartame apparently. The test strips change to trace or small every day without fail. But I was wondering what was meant by "go by smelly urine and dry mouth". I need to know more about that please. My urine was nice and sterile smelling for weeks but now I seem to notice a food odor in it. Is that bad? Seems bad. Thanks!
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-12, 12:20

BF:

Hi, Jo Dee -- Thanks for your info. Interesting about Jell-O, and you aren't the first to have said this. I'm not an expert in the urine department. I think that post was either made by LittleZu or NancyLC. Go back to those and see who posted that. As for dry mouth -- well -- apparently eating as low carb as I am doing is a diuretic, which accounts for dry mouth in some of use. Women well over 50 also are inclined to get it, just anyway. I think doctors call it "Sikh syndrome." Not sure why. Maybe years ago Sikhs lived in desert areas and got dehydrated. Ha, ha. Just a guess. I end up drinking lots of water while eating this way. Whoever told me to use smelly urine as an indicator of ketosis also said that it was good and meant you were well into the process. I suppose some folks notice that more than others. I am now posting mostly on my journal (and other people's journals). Come join me there, too. I like what you havea to say and would love to follow your progress, too!
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Dec-15-12, 11:07

Plan: LCHF/IF
Stats: 268.8/242.4/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi, Malibanne.

I know I'm rather late to the party here, but I read through the thread, and I just wanted to echo what others have said about keeping track of inches lost in some way. The beauty of low carb is that since you're burning fat for fuel, the inches can seem to just melt away so easily! I weigh and measure myself every Saturday morning, and even in weeks (like this one) when the weight doesn't drop or even goes up slightly, I'll have a loss in inches somewhere on my body. That keeps me going when the weight doesn't drop as quickly as I'd like.

I'm close to your age, and the same height, and have about the same weight goal as you do, though I have a lot farther to go. I don't know if it's realistic for me, but I'm going to keep at it and take it wherever my body will allow.

I lost 115 lbs 8-9 years ago, and got close to goal before quitting, and because I looked at it as just a weight-loss diet I went back to my old ways of eating and gained almost all of it back. So now I'm re-treading old territory and have hopefully learned my lesson that this is really the way I need to eat always.

Best of luck with your goals! This is a wonderful place for support and knowledge!

SuzyQ
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-12, 00:07

BF:

Hey, Suzy!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the info about keeping track of lost inches. I intended to start that today. I actually bought some ribbon that one of my journal readers suggested (or maybe she was here before we all went there). I was going to start using it to measure, but got so carried away writing about my reaction to some crazy behavior with my Ketosis sticks that I forgot all about it. Then, I turned my attention to Christmas projects, and I never got back to the weight loss projects. I'm still on a steep learning curve here and there are books to order and read and many adjustments to be made. I am so grateful for your interest and help.

I looked at YOUR journal and am impressed with all your hard work and your diligence. I look at a total 30-pound loss and feel that this must be almost impossible to accomplish. And then I look at someone who has lost so much more than that and I am just in awe about your ability to do that.

I am not really posting my thoughts here anymore -- unless someone new, like you, adds a post. I'm now at Mystery of Malibanne and the Case of the Body Odyssey.

It seems I always end up with some new puzzle that mystifies me.

I'll be looking forward to following your progress, too. Thanks for your very helpful advice. You seem really thoughtful and kind. It is great to know you!