Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 08:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/305/190
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 115 pounds to lose

At one time I weighed 333 pounds. My Doctor told me if I didn't lose weight, I would h ave to go on blood pressure medication. Can you imagine, 21 and on blood pressure medication? So I lost 140 pounds with a combination of low fat/high carb, low carb, and exercise. But, as the age old story goes, after about two years I have gained pretty much everything back. Now it is time for me to get serious again. I made a promise to myself after having lost all that weight that I would never again be fat, and here I am, fat, depressed but determined. After I lost my weight I bought a whole new wardrobe and now I can't wear any of it. I have had to dig out my old fat clouthes, and even those are getting tight. So, as of today I am making a commitment to losing the weight and I am going to do it low carb. I would greatly appreciate any advice that you could give me, or if there is someone out there in a similar situation that would like to buddy up with me. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:08

Plan: Atkins (induction)
Stats: 240/232/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Bayre!

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your decision to get back on track. I'm sure you will find this forum to be of great help. So many people willing to help you out in so many ways. I'm so new to this all myself, and have gotten the help that I need to start my road to success.

I'm sure to hear about the blood pressure meds at such an early age was scarey to hear. and I'm sure there are alot of us on this forum that can relate to that. My dad died of a massive heartattack back in 1999 at the age of 52! I knew from that day I needed to do something. I was weighing 170 at that time(still very much overweight). I tried many different ways to lose weight and with no success, I seemed to only gain after a few weeks and I was exercising. I got very discouraged until...... a few months ago I was told that my "asthma" wasnt really asthma and that it was actually my heart giving me such trouble! At that point I knew I needed to do something, so i talked to many people about it and my ex-hubby's new wife told me about the LC'ing and while looking for low carb foods I stumbled across this site. Some may say it happend by chance, I choose to believe it happend cause it was meant to happen.

I have been on Atkins for 4 days now and stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 4 pounds!! In total I have 120 pounds to go, and one day (one step at a time) I will get there, and so will you.

Swt_T
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:16
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome! We're a very supportive bunch here, so call on us anytime you have a question or need encouragement.

It's tough to be so heavy at such a young age. Believe me I know! The good thing is that you have now found the LC WOL at that same young age and can now control your weight for the rest of your life. Most of us only discovered lcing at an older age. You now have a bright future!

Glad to have you aboard!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:22
Registered Member

Plan: Shark Cycle Plan
Stats: 410/323/250
BF:
Progress: 54%

I guess the scariest part of the whole deal is that after all this work, I might gain ALL the weight back again. It happened to me once already. I went from 367 down to 308, and I thought I had it made. But for some reason I got distracted, and ended up at 410 five years later. Now down to 328.5, I do have a lot of apprehension about what will happen.

One thing about LCing this time around (I had lost using low cal/low fat previously) is that I've seen a couple of maintenence plans that might just work, such as CAD and LC during the week/relax on weekends.

Let's just keep going
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:25

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome aboard and I am glad you are here! I know it is a long tough road and SO depressing when those clothes don't fit. I think you will like the Triple Digits Club. Lots of wonderful people here working on the same problem. Very discouraging to have problems with your blood pressure at your age. But hey! You are young and you can get a handle on this problem now. We are all here to help in anyway that we can. Glad to know you, and I look forward to your posts! Cindi
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:33
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Someone 21 just asked for a buddy. Search new posts and please find here. It's always better to find a buddy your own age. Not that we're not all here for you, but a buddy is special!

CAD or one of the other flexible plans would be great for maintenance. You have to realize that if you have a problem with carbs/weight gain then LC eating is a WOL not a diet.

Keep in touch. Keep faith. You can do it!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 09:58

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Welcome Bayre!

So glad that you've found the forum, especially since it sounds like you're ready to take control of your health...

Over the next few days, you'll probably find many people answering this thread who have shared similar experiences. The ages may differ, but the bottom line is the same...the unwanted pounds and the inablility to live life to the fullest.

Happily, there are many people here that have lost considerable amounts of weight following various LC plans. I'm down over 90lbs since Janaury. Check out the first page of my journal and you'll see just how far down I was when I finally hit bottom...

If you haven't done so, please stop by the Introduce Yourself area so that others know you are here. There's a wealth of helpful information to aid you in getting a good, firm start at this.

Best of luck. You CAN do it.

Donald
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 11:00

Plan: LC / breastfeeding
Stats: 230/194.5/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:30%
Progress: 44%
Default HI Byre Looking for a buddy

HI Byre I am 21 and just started the LC woe and ws loking for a buddy to kind of help me along . I see we are the same age and bot kind of in the same position so I was wondering if you were looking for a buddy. Let me know.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 17:20
Registered Member

Stats: 289/277/155
BF:
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up

I wish you all the luck in the world!! Hope to read your post soon of the shedded pounds!! GOOD LUCK!!