Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 13:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default 115-100

I am starting to side with others who have had enough of the micro mini world wanting to be more micro. . .read someones post in Atkins forum and then looked at the stats and was this close to ripping her a new one verbally. Unless you are 4ft tall 115 is a low weight for anyone. Someone needs to hit some of these people up side the head with a smart stick, maybe give 'em some.

The one thing that this WOL does not have that all other weight loss things I have tried is bulemia. ..no desire to over indulge and no guilt for doing it. . .so no bulemic behaviors. I had an eatting disorder for 10 years. Atkins does not hit that button at all. I was a little concerned at first because it was not a good merry-go-around to be on. . .and the desire to lose weight has been a trigger for me in the past. . again I say Atkins is a genuis er was. redawn
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 19:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins (Modified)
Stats: 242/216/155 Female 5´7
BF:shrinking!!
Progress: 30%

Hi redawn,
Like three weeks ago, soemone posted a thread in the "Newbies forum" "When did this Forum became an Eating disorder forum???". Anyways, we had a huge discussion on this matter. Everyone posted their opinions. This was the responds to a Thread that said: "I'm So Fat, Help Please!"...Imagine, everyone read the thread, to see how they could help this girl out, and for about 3 hours, everyone posted their opinions(I also did) . Check it out. Its good to see both sides of this story!

Last edited by becky160 : Sat, Oct-04-03 at 19:49.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 20:52
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

It really depends on frame size redawn. My mother is 69 and 5'0" and she weighs around 108-110 and looks fine - not thin or bony. She's in pretty good health too and bops around here like a woman in her 40's some days. And she eats well - small portions but 3 decent meals and 2-3 snacks every day. She weighed 99lbs when she married my Dad back in '57 and he often said she didn't look skinny to him back then (he weighed 300-400lbs most of his adult life). But Ma is small framed like me. I'm 5'2" and very light boned (that's why I have such bad arthritis) and all the health care folks tell me I should weigh between 105-115. I'm 46 and I've had 2 kids and am perimenopausal, so I seriously doubt I'll ever get that low. I set my goal weight at 125, but I'll see what happens as I get below 150. The lowest adult weight I ever attained was 148 (briefly) in my early 20s. I still looked chunky and felt some back pain, so I know I could stand to go lower than that.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 23:02
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

i think redawn was refering to girls that are around 115lbs and are talking like they are huge.. and 115 is a healthy range just more then they precive they should be
which I agree I find it highly annoying, not that they are thin but that they carry on and on about how fat they are .. what does that make the rest of us that really DO need to loose alot of weight?
just my two cents

Crysania
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 00:35
Registered Member

Plan: My own custom blend
Stats: 275/254/125 Female 5'2
BF:Plenty, want some?
Progress: 14%

Oh I hear you on that one, loud and clear crysania - I have people like that around me all the time. My sister was also 99 lbs soaking wet for many years, (she's 5'4") and if she gained the 2 lbs and made it all the way up to 100, she'd pat her tiny little belly and say, "I feel fat!" Made me want to scream! Today she's floundering around at 181 and claims ishe was anorexic back in those days. I don't think so, because I never remember her starving herself or bingeing and purging - she lived on cola, toast, potato chips and boxed mac & cheese. I think she was just genetically lucky for a while, and the luck ran out as the years went by.

And I do shake my head over some of that talk. I have a SIL who does Atkins as a sort of diet between binge episodes. She was maybe 20lbs overweight when she started a few years ago, and tries to get 5-15lbs underweight for some extra wiggle room. She jokes about it being her "anorexic-edge". Makes me want to !
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 19:28

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Yes....I couldnt reply to one person recently because I was just SO aggravated.... talking about always being the biggest person in a room....I would like to know where she lives exaclty? super model USA? geesh... I am pretty big and I bet that I am not even usually the biggest persoin in a room when I go places....not that I would dwell on that anyhow...

I AM the biggest person in my family on my husband side.... and I understand how ppl feel to stick out..I feel like an amazon because they are 5'1, 5'3 and 5'4 but all thin! like size 3,6 etc.... I am 5'6 ish and quite heavy..I used to feel embarrassed sitting on the couch with this tiny little ppl but my MIL (deceased ) she would always act like I was nuts for noticing such a thing-- god bless her!