Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 20:49

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump
I've been cheating for about a month. I've just moved to Oxford and have almost no money so I've been skipping meals and then having a sandwich or Cornish pasties when I can't bear the hunger anymore. I've tried to be good but I don't want to cook most of the time, I have no money for variety.

I've been drinking a LOT of milk. It's one of my favorite things. Also, bread, because it's cheap. One slice is 9g carbs and I usually have two with some marmite. I try to eat a good portion of cheese with it hoping it will slow down the carbs but I know I'm just kidding myself.

I'm hungry all the time and LC friendly foods are too expensive >_< I'm the slimest I have been in a long time, I don't want to ruin it.

Hang in there!!! I see our stats are similar. I wish you luck.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 11:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 291/291/180 Female 5ft 3in
BF:not sure
Progress: 0%

i had a cheat last night i knew what i was doing and i dont feel bad for it because we all deserve a treat every now and than becuase whats the point of beening and cant go out cause ur affrid to eat or drink somethin i had a white hot choclate but instead of going for the biggest size i went for the smallest one i drank it i got over it and today is a new day so i will contuine on doin my atkins as i planed to
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Jan-29-11, 13:40

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I've been out of control the past two weeks. I realized that someone I thought I could trust had just been using me, in a very personal way, and I had been blind the whole time. When I realized this about two weeks ago, I lost it. I hadn't had sugar (not even fruit) in two months and I ended up eating straight ice cream. And it seems like I haven't stopped eating since.

When you have a bad relationship...it is time to step up to the plate and be the one taking care of you! You deserve to be healthy and fit. Don't let someone elses selfish/nasty behavior derail your good efforts at fitness! Keep on track and be an example to yourself and others that life can still be good in the midst of crap!
  #109   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 00:07

Plan: Haven't really found one
Stats: 152/141/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Made the mistake of starting my day with a soy extra chocolate mocha. Big mistake. That catapulted my day into constantly starving, couldn't get enough to eat, ate 1/2 a chocolate candy bar, another tall extra chocolate soy mocha, handful after handful of toasted pumpkin seeds, and finished off with a peanut butter and honey sandwich on Udi's gluten free bread. Now, GERD , aching legs, sinus junk, and exhaustion. So, I'll go to bed. Hope to sleep. And eat a steak, mushrooms, and asparagus tomorrow. Maybe some eggs and bacon before that. Learned my lesson.
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 16:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 172/165.5/145 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I just started a LC diet 7 days ago. The first 3 days I was awesome. I lost 3 lbs then the following days not so awesome. I manage to be good until lunch then either I have an event that is hard to stay low on carbs or I just simply mess up in the evenings. I haven't gained back the 3 lbs. Hopefully I will have more good days for the 2nd week. So I can get to my first goal of 165
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-11, 00:06

Plan: paleo with L plates
Stats: 180/162/143 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

THANK YOU all for this thread!

For those interested in a supplement to curb cravings - chromium is apparently good.
For me, a teeny smidge of anything that stimulates my blood sugar makes me go CARBONKERS- ravenous! My blood sugar seems to even be stimulated by the sight of hot cross buns and mince pies in the stores- which is horrid, 8 months of the year.
and as for smells... night mare!

I've got a few strategies for avoiding sugar stimuli, but clearly need more- as I'm still going off the wagon once a week. Getting back on the wagon is hard too.
  #112   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-11, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazLaJauna
I've been out of control the past two weeks. I realized that someone I thought I could trust had just been using me, in a very personal way, and I had been blind the whole time. When I realized this about two weeks ago, I lost it. I hadn't had sugar (not even fruit) in two months and I ended up eating straight ice cream. And it seems like I haven't stopped eating since.

When you have a bad relationship...it is time to step up to the plate and be the one taking care of you! You deserve to be healthy and fit. Don't let someone elses selfish/nasty behavior derail your good efforts at fitness! Keep on track and be an example to yourself and others that life can still be good in the midst of crap!

well i was going to encourage you and tell you what you ended up telling yourself at the end. good for you. listen to yourself. it is true, the best "revenge" is living a good life

no one can take away your happiness without your permission...
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-11, 16:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 213/178/155 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 60%

It has been 6 weeks as of monday since I started LC. I lost 13 lbs in the first 2 weeks and nothing since then. I was getting frustrated and on the weekend I went out and drank a few glasses of wine and all of my will power went out the window, and i ended up eating 2 pieces of pizza. The next day feeling a bit hungover, and guilty, I ate some chips on top of that!! I decided to start induction again immediately and now I have actually started losing again. I don't plan on cheating again, until maybe a treat at christmas, but I am wondering if a slip up can kind of reset your body into losing again?? keeping on keeping on...
  #114   ^
Old Fri, May-03-13, 20:06

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292/256/160 Female 5'10''
BF:
Progress:

so did any of you exeprience the atkins flu again after you cheated?
  #115   ^
Old Fri, May-03-13, 20:45
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Or maybe you just need a lower level of carbs in order to loose. I don't know what carb count is for induction as I am not an atkins person.

But what i would do is look at your food journal how much carb/pro/cal and compare that to the induction phase. Perhaps you should do the opposite. Start at induction and slowly add more cals/pro/carbs in. And when you start to add more carbs to the point where you are not loosing any then you will have a range of your cal/pro/carb intake of which you can work from.

Just a thought...
  #116   ^
Old Fri, May-03-13, 20:45
Triple digit loss

Plan: Dr. Bernstien
Stats: 352/206.8/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 82%

Just realized i posted to an old post... Sorry...
  #117   ^
Old Thu, May-09-13, 09:41

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

Ugh! I didn't cheat as much as let myself be talked into a "healthy low fat diet" again by my doctor as well meaning as she is. I have to tell you, I feel so much better eating low carb and right now I have a mgraine. I haven't had one in such a long time and its aweful! I read that sugar and nutrasweet are triggers for migraines. Splenda too for some people. But, I'm done with this! It's time for me to go back to atkins oh, and btw
my weight has been stalling on the low fat plan.
  #118   ^
Old Wed, May-15-13, 07:59

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

How long were you on the low fat diet?
Do you need to see her for health issues? If not, I suggest you stay away. If you are really successful on LC, including keeping migraines at bay.