Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-09, 13:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/154.5/135 Female 5'5"
BF:38.8%
Progress: 51%
Default Do you think more might come????

Hello,

I started this Candida Diet on December 11th and was told to follow it for a week and then, when compfrtable on it, to add in the antifungals by phasing them in. I on the Candida Clear by NOW and I take 1 x1 a day for three days, then 2 x1 a day for three days and tehn 3 x1 a day for the remaining 2 months.

Day 6 of the diet (no antifungals) I was so tired and weak, mild headaches and what felt like kidney pain of back pain who knows!!!! Same thing on Thursday and Friday. Saturday I was just prettytired but seem to be okay today with the exception of the kidney pain (or back pain).

My questions is do you think that maybe the die off is done??? Or as I add more of the antifungals am i looking at getting worse before better?

Thoughts?????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-09, 21:04
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranac
Day 6 of the diet (no antifungals) I was so tired and weak, mild headaches and what felt like kidney pain of back pain who knows!!!! Same thing on Thursday and Friday. Saturday I was just prettytired but seem to be okay today with the exception of the kidney pain (or back pain).

My questions is do you think that maybe the die off is done??? Or as I add more of the antifungals am i looking at getting worse before better?

Thoughts?????

If you are having back or kidney pain, you should see a medical doctor so they can run tests on you. I would not assume you are just having "die-off" and let the pain continue. That's very dangerous.

Were you tested by your naturopath for a Candida overgrowth? And when I say tested, I mean did you do either a stool test, blood test, or did he do an endoscopy or colonoscopy? If you weren't tested, then you won't even know for sure if you are having a die off effect from Candida or not, you can only assume.

If you did have Candida, then yes, there would be a period of time where the Candida would die and your symptoms would get worse rather than better. I had a die off effect when I was taking my antifungal medicine, but mine lasted just a little over a week, and then slowly subsided.