Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 21:23

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 352/320/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:Yikes!
Progress: 16%

I won't miss a damn thing!!

Except maybe the shield from the world. When I'm heavy, I can disappear w/o notice, because when you're fat..you are'nt considered a "whole person" funny how that works, eh?

Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, May-21-06, 01:44

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

WOW! i just read through this whole thread and i can relate to so much of what has been said. I will miss many of the same things!

I was NOT fat my whole life so i DO know what its like to be THIN! I was an extremely thin child and teenager and didnt start gaining weight till i was 19 and wasnt obese till my late 20's.

I do have some fears about being thin again! I fear my husband will somehow trust me less or worry about me more, kwim? Like with me being fat since the day we were married he never worries when i go out or thinks about people hitting on me! I wonder if he will feel differently when i am thin? He has never known me thin!

I know the fat has been a great insulation and has helped me just hide out in the background and in some ways i will miss that! I dont want attention drawn to me! I dont know how i will handle people complimenting me!

I really think i will hate it when i feel people are treating me differently. My hubby has now lost over 90 lbs and he mentioned the other day "people at work are suddenly talking to me and paying attention to me!". I think thats scary for me because i will just want to slap those people when they start paying attention to me all of a sudden! Its like "ya didnt like me before..so get lost!!" lol

Another thing i will miss is not caring about clothes or what i am wearing or what i look like. It doesnt bother me to walk around in sweat pants and baggy tshirts and coats with rips in the arms cuz as a fat person i have the attitude of "i look like crap anyway so who cares". When suddenly i am thin and able to buy any clothes i want i KNOW i will start CARING about what i am wearing and what i look like..that will cost lots of money and will drain me mentally...lol..I mean i imagine it like this "oh this outif makes my butt look big" and throwing it back in the closet looking for another. i know this is opposite of what it should be..i should have been doing that when i was heavier..but i just got to the point of NOT CARING what i look like. I was like "I'm fat ..deal with it people!!"

i definitely think fat people have a different attitude about things than thin people do! I think of my thin mil and sil's and buying a new outfit for every family party and the jewelry and shoes and purse to match. I never gave a crap when i was fat..i wore the same darn thing and kept the same purse for 5 yrs. And nobody expected any different from me! Now what will they expect from me when i am suddenly THIN and pretty??? eeeks..its scary really! I have lots of fears of being thin..

BUT..when all is said and done...there are MANY more BENEFITS to being thin than being fat....so THINNNESS here i come...
  #93   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 08:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/264/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

I've been on and off of diets since I was 7 years old. I remember the ache in my heart when people have called me fat, yet I totally agree with what ItsTheWooo originally said: I will definitely miss the myth of thin. I have hidden behind "If I was only thinner.....my life would be better, I'd take more chances, I'd be happier, etc." I think that people who said that they wouldn't miss anything aren't being emotionally honest with themselves. Of course none of us will miss the fat, but the majority of us got fat for a reason....an emotional reason why we put up this shield of fat around us. Our fat became our safety net, our security blanket. That shield protecting me from my emotions is what I'll miss the most.

On the brighter side, I'm trying to focus on the things that I won't miss while my waistline is still shrinking:
- Having a hard time finding flattering clothes to wear
- Feeling clumsy and bigger-than-life compared to others
- Not being able to cross my legs
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Being self-conscious about eating in front of other people
- Being "invisible"
- Worrying that I'm going to break dainty furniture!!!!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, May-31-06, 18:18

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%

I've, finally, come up with something I'll miss about being fat. The amusement park ride discussion got me remembering.

One year at the county fair my sister and I rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. We're Tilt-A-Whirl experts 'cause our grandparents used to take us to KiddieLand, which was a couple blocks from their house and sis and I rode the Tilt-A-Whirl a lot! Now sis is slightly larger than I am, and between our weight and our expert maneuvring, we spun that car like nobody's business! That was SO much fun!

I'm gonna miss having the mass to do that again!
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 06:08

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Here's a ten-year old thread, which spoke to much of what I've been thinking lately, both the psychological impact of losing either 1) the weight that has shielded me from certain social interactions, 2) the process of eating and overeating which distracts me from stresses, keeps me from what I perceive as boredom, and actually drugs me with sugars. Also, there's the discomfort of my unshielded tailbone!! especially in the bathtub!! Anyway, I enjoyed reading through the thoughts fears and concerns of voices from a decade ago. Just to be clear: I'm thrilled to have gotten where I am, and I don't plan to add to the padding on my tailbone !!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 10:47

Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:

Not ONE.DAMN.THING. I didn't read all these posts, but I assume this is based on the recent viral Facebook article titled "What I miss about being over 300 pounds.". I'll tell you - I read that article and found it both ridiculous and irritating. She said she was stronger when she was fat - could move a couch by herself. I call BS! When I weighed over 300 pounds ANY exertion hurt my back. lifting 300 pounds AND a couch? How could being fat make that easier? She mentioned being more comfortable sitting or sleeping because of her natural cushioning. BIZARRE! again, I found sitting uncomfortable (couldn't get my legs together, back hurt if bench to hard) and sleeping on my stomach (which she says is "soft") caused a really unnatural curve in my spine. The whole concept if "missing" being fat is so stupid it makes me angry. This is in no way directed at posters here, but definitely at the piece that I read on Facebook.

oops - blush - I guess this ISN"T based on that article since this post is 10 years old...*stepping off soap box now" - but I guess it highlights an ongoing issue.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-14, 10:57
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Sebo
... Also, there's the discomfort of my unshielded tailbone!! especially in the bathtub!! Anyway, I enjoyed reading through the thoughts fears and concerns of voices from a decade ago. Just to be clear: I'm thrilled to have gotten where I am, and I don't plan to add to the padding on my tailbone !!

When I was in my 20's and I lost down to my "ideal" weight, I remember going camping - sleeping on the ground as I normally did - and feeling totally uncomfortable due to the lack of padding around my bones. I had no trouble sleeping on the ground during my pudgy teens.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 07:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
When I was in my 20's and I lost down to my "ideal" weight, I remember going camping - sleeping on the ground as I normally did - and feeling totally uncomfortable due to the lack of padding around my bones. I had no trouble sleeping on the ground during my pudgy teens.

Exactly! Well, I guess we can be the ones to carefully look for the padded seats, or to purchase a sleeping mat for camping!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 10:39

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

My wife says she will miss keeping her feeties warm at night.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 11:48

Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori

ROTFL!!
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maori

Let's hope there's always room for her feeties in the bAck of your knees!