Fri, Nov-06-20, 17:17
Plan: General Low Carb
Location: West Virginia
Thought I would bubble this to the surface. I would not say that I am a body builder, but I would say that my goals in lifting are to get stronger and look better. This is much more of a challenge at the back half of 56 than it was at 26, but I am making progress. I would be interested in seeing the workout routines from other folks. Here is my routine, which I think I have finally fine tuned this week (repeated twice each week):
Day 1 - 3 rounds of 15 burpees, 8 chin ups, 5 pull ups, 100 meters farmers carry with 55 lbs. tractor weights, 10 shoulder shrugs after the 100 meter walk
- 3 sets of 8 reps dumbbell lat pulls (70)
- 3 sets of 8 reps shoulder dumbbell press, seated (50)
- 75 reps leg raises holding 20# medicine ball overhead
Day 2 - 4 sets bench press (warm up set of 10 at 155, 3 sets of 8 at 185)
- 3 sets of dumbbell chest press, 10 reps, 70 lbs
- 3 sets of 10 dumbbell pullovers with 10 presses at end, 70 lbs.
- 3 sets of 8 dips with 15 lbs added
- 4 sets of dead lift (hex) 8, 6, 4, 2 starting at 195, add 20 each set
Day 3 - 2-4 mile run
I plan to add morning pushups and planks in (I am an afternoon workout person). I need to get more abs into it, and I am experimenting with other body weight exercises (bug).
I have had some nagging injuries in the past, and did get some cortisone shots in my elbows a few years back, but overall I feel pretty good lifting. Losing 20 lbs recently has improved my pullups and dips.
So if there are any guys or gals pushing iron as they low carb, I would love to hear about your routines.