Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 17:44

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default question for the experienced LC'ers

i know that when a person starts on the LC diet, their appetite naturally suppresses, and no longer feels hungry. I've experienced this, but i'm wondering if this 'effect' is only in the beginning say during induction or lasts 'forever' as long as someone is on a LC maintenance diet?

If that feeling goes away does it mean that i'm eating too many carbs? i guess i'm wondering if the feeling of satiety (sp) can be gauged ..

Sometimes after dinner, within an hour, i'm hungry again. hope i'm making sense regarding my question!
i try to eat small frequent meals during the day but more often than not, i'm eating twice a day (lunch and dinner). If i eat 'late' at night, i don't eat breakfast or i have a piece of cheese and of course my morning coffee.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 19:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi bluu,

This happens to me all the time. Not hungry for a few days, then ravenous, like today. When I feel like this, I eat and feel satisified.

I find that too many carbs make me ravenous in a different way. I will eat and not feel satisfied. It's as if I'm looking for something to put out the hunger "flame" and can't find it.

Good question!

Karen