Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#406   ^
Old Yesterday, 09:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz.....good luck on this quicky move. Thank heavens it is only 2 blocks over and ya got an SUV. Second trip, leave the keys and wave good damn bye!!

Lori, Gabby got ya pegged. Air horn maybe?
I agree with you. SO OVER cooking. now with all the yrs we have cooked there is a point where it becomes truly annoying...feel ya on it!

Nicco, gotta pay? girl your acct should be making sure that don't happen LOL
SO agree with ya. I was insane to drive. My kid could care less. WTH?
she will drive today tho. I find a car as total freedom truly, not a fan of 'driving' cause it is annoying a bit but darn the freedom it gives is priceless.
Crab legs....Ohhhhhh

------------kiddo to drive us to the store for a few things she wants later today. She needs drive time. Hubby made me bacon and is making bacon/pancakes for them. No cook for me

got a Tbone steak I am eating before leaving to go shopping. She will want to stop for food somewhere and I can't be caught hungry. Eating lighter and lost a few lbs which is always nice but I can't be caught....if my hunger flares there ain't no tellling what I will inhale around me...haha.....so Tbone steak, some bacon here now and tonight, not sure...probably just a few cheeseburger patties. yea sounds good

be good all
Sponsored Links
  #407   ^
Old Yesterday, 11:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Trig- HEY!! That is awesome about your weight loss! Yay! You snuck that in there all quiet-like but I caught it!

It's hard to get the taxes completely right bc my husband's income is variable and also kids coming and going etc. But it's all right. We keep a good amount of savings around.

Jaz- Good luck with the move today- I hope it goes smoothly, you like the new landlord, the neighbors all good- all of that stuff. Fingers crossed!

When are you expected to get your car back? Any idea yet?

Lori- I hear you! I get tired of cooking too. I cook maybe 3 days a week, or four, depending. I cook a ton less than I did when we had kids though, so there's that!

Smart Gabby wasn't going to fall for the hand clapping twice! lol

Headed back to MD shortly. It has been an awesome, cozy time in Delaware. I kept to myself this trip and just cozied up in the house. Thoroughly enjoyed it! I have a busy social calendar next week so it was nice to come here and offset that.

Supposedly the DE house should be painted while we are gone. Watch me NOT hold my breath. I cannot even get over how often providers do not show up any more, in all service industries. I feel like you cannot count on people much anymore. Dang, I sound like an old person!

Ok, packing up and heading out. I've got an audiobook to listen to so the time should just fly right on past.
  #408   ^
Old Yesterday, 17:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

I'm in!!!!!! on the other side. I left keys on the table and texted them and was out.

Of course, there is always issues with a move and this time was no exception. I slit my middle finger pretty deep on the edge of a box- stupid crap. It is deep and so hurts

I am shocked how little storage and no pantry there is here. I never noticed that first time around. But overall I am moving crap around to give me more space. She is a huge pillow junkie. Pillows EVERYWHERE. So, I am adjusting stuff to make it work workable. The kitchen though is new, bathroom new, and decorated so sweet.

My finger is really hurting, big time. No cable but there is a million dollar view, wifi and a safe place. Old people below me- all good. Got a Roku TV- rarely watch TV anyway. I am so tired.

I am HERERERERERERERERERE

New start! It's 645 and I want to go to bed. I am just zonked

see ya tomorrow
  #409   ^
Old Yesterday, 18:17

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/151.4/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

Thanks for checking in Jaz! I was thinking about you all day. Will you be able to get a Dr. to check your finger tomorrow? Maybe it needs stitches. All you need is a massive infection in a cut! Yikes! Hope it doesn't hurt too badly for you to sleep. Hope Ruger does well in his new digs while you're at work.
  #410   ^
Old Yesterday, 18:26

BF:

Jaz, super glad you got there and moved in. Sounds nice overall. Do you have any paid services? Roku will be great for that if so. Plus it likely has some free channels on there.

Sorry about your finger. You don't really complain about things hurting so it must really be bothering you. Big hugs!
  #411   ^
Old Today, 05:08

BF:

I am up stupid early- but it is the time I have to get up for work.

Found the coffee maker- it is the kind that uses k-cups and one cup at a time. Urgh. I might have to go get me a 20 dollar Mr. Coffee. Thankfully I had some k-cups.

Not much to add except I did about 20 trips to the car and up a flight of steps and back, between two car loads. Lots of lifting and I feel it today! Boy I am out of shape.

You know you tell alot about a person being in their space. She is into fabric, reading, pink- omg the PINK in here! Pink pillows, pick pictures, pink towels and sheets. Holy Moly. Her favorite colors are pink and gold. She has a thing for Marlyin Monroe too. She is a def girly girl. Fluffy stuff everywhere. I am just hoping Ruger doesn't think all this fabric is "indoor" plumbing. LOLOLOLOL This chick must have 50 pillows in this place. I had to DECLUTTER. LOLOLOL

I am down to a new low! I am sure though I will bounce a tad.
I only had about 4 -6 oz of orange roughy for the entire day. I wasn't about to cook and make a mess in the kitchen and unpack all my crap. Fish is so easy to you toss it on a baking sheet with foil, olive oil, salt and pepper and boom done.

I sure liked dropping into a new number though on the scale! I feel it too. Gets me to 55 down. I can't LIFT 55 POUNDS from the floor. It is hard to fathom I carried that on my body. I am thinking another 20ish...............

I am so tempted to call off today. I am so not feeling it in anyway. I sure could use a rest day, but I like the $$ trust me on that!
Rugar is not having this move at all. He has been crying, whining, and barking. He is going to have to adjust, poor boy!

well- time to bake one last cup-

What are you all doing this week? How is the WOE going ladies?!?!?!
  #412   ^
Old Today, 06:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/151.4/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 105%

Good Morning!

Jaz.....I hope Ruger doesn't use any of the pillows etc as chew toys! Do you have a place to "fence" him in while you're at work? I seem to remember that you were able to have him in the kitchen at the other place. If he barks all day you may hear from your downstairs neighbors when you get home! Congrats on the new low! Fantastic!

Nic....Back in MD? Do you have a busy week ahead?

Trig.....Did you get DD out driving?

--------

Betty care with "M" this morning and not much else. Tomorrow is my Chiro maint appt. Wednesday we have Betty's nurse visit, Thursday the caregiver will come again. Thursday afternoon I'm going to go out to eat with my golfing partner. I haven't seen or talked to her since the golf course last Fall. Golf is really the only thing we have in common. So....a bit of a busy week ahead for this old girl. I have lots of leftovers in the fridge for DH this week....love it. It's just a matter of what I warm up each night.

Kind of rainy & warmish this week. 40's to near 50 most days. Come on Spring!
  #413   ^
Old Today, 16:12

BF:

Hey all-

Not much to add. Glad you got there Jaz. I know you are WORN OUT.
Yay for a new low. I could not live somewhere with a ton of pink. Not my jam!

Lori it does sound like some good stuff on your calendar this week.

Went out to lunch with a friend- pricey place. I got a single glass of pinot and the lamb shank and with tip it was $$$. I have half leftover but still. Dang! It is expensive to go out to eat anymore.

I just stocked up on my crab legs using my 7.99$/lb rain check. It was expiring Feb 13. I got 12 pounds of crab legs, plus a head of lettuce, a bag of fresh green beans and a large container of full fat greek yogurt for 83 dollars. WIN! I have a ton of crab legs in my freezer now. I might even share with DH at this point!

I tried on my size 10 jeans and they both fit. I like my pants loose (as in not needing to unbotton/unzip to use the bathroom) and they are not quite at that point so I will wait another week or two to wear them. Yay!
  #414   ^
Old Today, 18:20

BF:

Hey ladies!

Nic- I LOVE LOVE LOVE you are almost in your 10's! I remember the first time around losing 100 and finally hit a size 10! I called it my perfect 10! I am not yet there but not far behind at this point. I am doing 12/14 right now. I am sorta in-between. Down from 1-2X to large or loose med. I still have the "girls" up top that have not lost anything yet so my tops are tight "there".

I tell you I do not go out with how expensive it is. I paid 18 dollars for a SALAD and said no thanks. Can't afford that!

SCORE on those crab legs!!!!!! YES and YES! I still have some from Christmas I need to use up!

Lori- Your week sounds super fun!!! I so agree that pulling something out of the fridge and heat and eat is the way to roll!
Sounds like your temps are climbing a bit too!

Hiya Trig!
--------------------------------------------------------

Work was super busy and I am TIRED. I am happy to be in new digs.

Finger update: I have a hairline FX with my finger which is why I am in so much pain. It is the third (middle) finger on my left hand. It is at top right before the nail bed starts. There is literally nothing to do except suck it up and let it heal. Add that to fact I ripped the skin off down to the muscle as well. I tell you KLUTZ is my middle name. It is wrapped and I fell the blood pumping in it still. It is really swollen now, and I can't bend it. I am Left-handed and need to write- was tough today.

Ok- I need to make up some hambuger smash patties for tomorrow - grab and go, then off to bed.

PS- Ruger did have a small accident. There is not a way to block him a place. I have a open floor plan. It is what it is. I cleaned it up. No biggie- he peed a little on a rug. She can replace the rug if need be and keep my 500 deposit. But it came right out.

Nite!