Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#376   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-21, 07:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, yea don't get overtired....ya just moved, settling in, all excited, handling tons of work issues etc.....you rest up for a day or so.....GIVE yourself that time ya know or you will cave....when we are wiped out and overwhelmed in stimulus we just go there and we don't wanna go there LOL you got this!

Lori....turn it all the way off at night....damn your home must be freezing truly, yikes.....we go down to 65 all the time in winter. That is as low as I can go and 'be fine' but when I shiver in that 65 I also fire up the fireplace and warm it up higher in the day but night has to be 65 or everyone is too hot.

-----------guys I got nothing to say literally LOL
which is rare for this blabbermouth

we got sun and some tiny warmer days but nights are very low still...brrr
but any reprieve is a good thing and I will take it

just freezin' along and zc'ing along and just BLAH winter days to pass by

hubby to work today
kid asleep as vampires do
me, not sure, won't be a hard day for me tho HAHA

be good everyone
Sponsored Links
  #377   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-21, 07:56

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Actually, when I say we turn our heat "off" at night.....we turn the thermostat back as far as it will go, so around 40 or so? Sometimes when it's really cold out, the furnace will run early in the morning, but usually not until I get up and turn the thermo up to around 62. We have electric heat in the bathroom, so that is warm, plus we have a space heater we turn on at shower time. Our bedroom is usually around 57 degrees when I go to bed at night. We are toasty warm with polar tech sheets, a fuzzy blanket and a comforter. I do have to wear socks to bed cause if I don't, I wake up about 3AM with freezing feet!
  #378   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-21, 09:13

BF:

OH OH OK that explains it good for me

yea if we set it around 50 or so I think the house would go lower but not too low just like you but for me I SLEEP with a sheet mostly LOL but when chilly I got a 'lightweight down comforter' but then the darn thing is too hot HA

we don't have fleece, or flannel sheets or 'polar' anything.
SO yes I get your bed is 'well winter equipped' vs. mine---too funny

You made me feel better explaining it....truly, I was worrying about ya but I get it

yea I have an oil filled small heater in my master. that darn bathroom is cold as ice in this house and I hate it, I got that heater for survival with showers

Plus you got a PURRing heater too Powered by tuna!
  #379   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-21, 11:26

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Checking in. Just had the snowplow come around and clear the court. We got little snow but a good inch and a half or two inches of sleet yesterday.

Lori, glad to hear you didn't get walloped with snow. I wondered.

Thermostat- We keep ours at 68º daytime and 62º at night. Our bedrooms are upstairs so it is likely warmer up there. We have polar fleece sheets so I start out with just that, then add the quilt as the night goes on. DH is under the polar fleece, quilt AND a flannel blanket. We keep our heat registers closed all winter upstairs and when I get away with it I keep the window cracked open.

Jaz- cannot even imagine having shorts on at this point! Literally boggles the mind!

Interesting that the cheese didn't cause stomach distress this time.

Trig- Girl I can hear you just holding on until the winter is over. What is your next planned trip and when? DH and I have been going in circles about that. I am so ready to blow this joint!

••••••••••••

Headed to the Chiro soon, just for maintenance. Hoping for a little bit of pickleball on Sunday. It will have been a week and a half. The back is doing pretty well- still a little tight but I'm doing stretches every day to keep the mobility up.

Cleaned the main level today including the big heavy vacuum so that's good. Dusted, vacuumed, counters, bathroom, etc. Yesterday I sat on my butt all day long.

Other than that, not too much to report. Reading, watching shows, a little diamond painting. Feels a bit like just killing time, waiting for what? spring? something? lol
  #380   ^
Old Fri, Feb-19-21, 16:33

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey ladies.....TGIF!!!!!!!!!

I have been on the computer ALL day!!!!!!!!!!! - I put out 10 applications for remote jobs. some really took some time to complete.

I am over being on the laptop and want to go put up my feet, pour some wine and watch Good girls. I am in second season episode 6.

Yes- NIC- SHORTS - heheheheh-

This is the last of cold....... going to start warming up starting tomorrow.
Next week mid 70's and bright sun!!!!!-
BRING it-

Tried ya'll. Typing all day.
Personals tomorrow!!!!!!!!! -
Spring ladies is around the corner!!!!

WOE reboot- today, 100% on track, and OMAD to boot!!!!- feel good about it.
You are right TRIG, when we get tired our resolve goes out the door!

I will be on in AM-
Have a wonderful evening!!!!

ALL good here. Really really good.
  #381   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-21, 06:45

BF:

Jazz, wow 10 apps....no joke you will land something real nice in the near future I am sure! Going back to full time work is gonna be a damn shock to your system now Keep on truckin'!!

Nicco, glad your back is on the mend.
yea checking off days til spring like all of us hey it is coming, truly

My next trip is April, for kid's spring break time. 7 days in Outer Banks. gonna be cold tho, not our usual 'fun in the hot sun' beach time but OMG I MUST get away. Metal detect for me mostly, kiddo will walk with me with doggie and hubby to surf fish. Life will be all about hanging out and taking hikes around kinda thing and a tad more drive around exploring a bit cause my big ol' butt won't be on the beach like a sack of taters in a bathing suit soaking up the sun and not wanting to move LOL

You, like me, omg need to move and have that change of scenery......any ideas on what you and dh wanna see? how far you want to travel? I booked Outer Banks on a whim cause I had to get out of here as soon as I could

hey everyone
nothing doing. Brrr but sunny. Sunny is a good thing. Temps on the rise a little so that helps til they plummet again. ahhh the joys of winter time

just eating zc but again at a standstill. which is ok, I ain't craving or going too bonkers in any way but I feel like I am in 'some kinda dead zone' ya know....not a good mojo move my butt and feel fab zone----just a frozen block of ice dead zone HAHA this too shall pass!

f'd up the knee again. Just standing there, pivot and lean a bit to get a knife out and BOOM....knee in that exact bad sore spot when ape on me. Searing hot white pain and OW OW and sore and....the friggin' usual. Doing nothing!? UGH NO biggie, took Ibuprfen, slapped on some Aspercreme crap on it, iced it, and knee brace. This morn is 'tad better' but damn, not better ya know....days and days for recovery again. BOO! whatever, usual crap for me now---ugh LOL

hubby off to work. my gosh they got him working like a dog and I love the money. socking away tons of bucks to 'blow on my rv trips' this year.

so just whatever today as usual

finish off vacuum I guess. I started on one end of the house and I can do it all easily but only got 1/2 way thru the house when I said screw this....there's always tomorrow to finish the rest

be good all

Last edited by Whirrlly : Sat, Feb-20-21 at 06:51.
  #382   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-21, 09:23

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Boy- Feels great to sleep in. Oh boy TRIG- you are right. My system is going to revolt at a job! HAHAHAH
What did you do to your knee to begin with? I have friends with knee issues and they say it hurts like hades!
Urghhhhhhh

I know you are getting some sunshine in! Speaking of- is your next RV in April? Outter banks? I remember you awhile back writing about that. I just couldn't remember the when. Jeeeeesze I hope my memory is not this bad with work in the future.
But ya know when one day runs into to the next.............
The only thing keeping me on track is Stock Market mornings!

NIC- I hear you on just killing time. Almost like we are all holding our breath for....... I dunno LIFE BACK?!?!?!?!?! The day we can go out the front door with no mask. Hug a neighbor, happy hour with friends and not feel nervous, not have to decide who to see or not see on a holiday because of what they do or how old they are on either spectrum???????? Won't that be nice.

I heard it could be as long as 2024 before we get to that point. I was reading an article that said truly before we get there it will do one of two things : We will all get it and the virus will run its course through humans, or it will just be here going forward and we get a yearly vaccine like the flu. The vaccine does not last more than 6 months they are saying anyway.

I don't know how I got on that..... maybe it's the waiting.

I am glad your back seems to be doing better!!! My son is bringing his pickle ball set. They play here regular. I see people there all the time when it is nice. There are courts across the driveway.

Lori- Shocked you are not up and on your 4-5 cup of coffee!!!! I know you still are digging out! URGHHHH. Any ETA as to when all that snow might be gone????
At least you have power and water. Those poor people in TX- Unreal!
I read some elderly man froze in his recliner and his wife was on the couch beside him. They lived in a trailer. ALOT of people in the south live in those. It RARELY gets to cold for those! Although I think they are unsafe with storms.

Did Betty do ok through it all? How is hubby's back?

Blue- pop out from under those covers and say hi!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Brilliant Blue skies and cool today! The high today 50, but only 40 right now!!!
Nothing but getting warmer going into this week! Dig out those shorts again.

I feel really puffy today and not sure why. Yesterday was salad, salmon, broccoli.
Today is a Porterhouse steak waiting to be slapped in a pan and cooked.

Ok...... well a couple things to do before I head out to see some ocean. I will put on a sweatshirt, need some sun and ocean today.
  #383   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-21, 09:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Not much doing. At least no snow falling today and the sun is shining. I'm going to get Spring fever with the sunshine for sure. Back to reality...look out at all the freakin' snow still on the ground!

DH ran some errands this morning and then is stopping in to see Betty. He's working the ice rink this afternoon and tomorrow and then that's it. Next week temps in the 40's will wreck the rink. Good! I'm sick of the below freezing temps.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to take any indoor golf lessons at the indoor facility at our local university as they're having a "C" outbreak on campus right now. We read in the paper this morning that there are 190 cases. They never should have brought them back at the beginning of February......should have just done online for the Spring semester. Too late now, they're here and I'm sure they don't want to send them home to spread it to their communities/families. What a mess.

I need to make a grocery store run tomorrow at some point. Not planning early morning as it's just too darn cold. I'll wait till the sun comes out.

Scale is inching down bit by bit. I'm within my comfort zone, so not stressing. I've been counting calories on MyFitnessPal and really not minding it. It does make me think before I just pop something in my mouth! Following the Pahla B plan most days. Still not drinking enough water. Supposed to divide your body weight in half and drink that many ounces of water a day. I usually come up about 20 ounces short. Doing my best and seeing some progress. I'm hoping when I start walking the golf course and get back to walking/running outside, I'll drop a bit more. Of course, I'll be drinking beer on the golf course, so there goes any weight loss! Totally worth it!

DH got his first dose of vax yesterday...no problems. Arm just a little sore, but not bad. My sister got her 2nd dose on Thursday, and she's doing fine too. She said maybe a little achy, but nothing to complain about. I can hear the relief in her voice. She was so worried about catching the virus and now she feels like she can relax a bit. I'm planning to go visit in a couple weeks. I won't have had my vax, but I'm not worried about me as long as she is protected. We'll still be very careful and just stay in her apartment for the most part. Anyway.....I'm just anxious to get out of these 4 walls for a bit and see my Sis!

Time to go get my exercise done for the day and hop in the shower. Just another routine day.

Be well everyone!
  #384   ^
Old Sat, Feb-20-21, 18:06

BF:

Today was amazing. I hung out with a horse at the beach,
Met my neighbor across the hall-
She is an author and has written 2 books. Her last was written when she was 64- she is 67. Book is : To hear Birds sing, conversations with my heart.by Marie Younkin-Waldman.

We sat at the pool and chatted up for over 2 hours. I told her how much I have always wanted to write.
Her response- why don't you? I told her I thought I was sorta to old to start over......... her last book she wrote at 64. She didn't start writing until mid 50's.
She invited me to her writers guild on Wed. She is delightful.

Then I was out walking the pooch as the sun was going down. There was a bunch of people singing top of their lungs " Miss American Pie " from the pool area. So of course I had to check it out. All 70ish hippies- with guitars and blankets (it got cold) sitting around the pool having wine and just laughing and goofing around.
DAM- I wanna be just like them when I never grow up!!!!!!!!

I am having a great time. It is really good for me here. In so many ways!!!!

Well.....speaking of wine. Going to have a glass and watch some Netflix.
100%Woe-
Saw that pic of me- who is that fat girl?!?!?!?!?!?!- funny, I don't feel that big.
I just need to bring the body into how I feel - about a size 10. haha.

nite ya'll
  #385   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-21, 06:56

BF:

Jazz, ahhh cut it out, ya look fine in that picture You know luckily not one of us in this group has a huge situation on our hands....we are all playing with, what, 50-60 lbs give or take? when we started? lost some and monkeying with the little rest we want gone.....so in the bitter end of it all we are doing ok....all of us look damn good ya know HA

Sounds like your pool area is hopping.....love you just find such fun people to chat up.

Can't wait til ya come on and say I GOT A JOB---lol. gonna come soon I would think with all those resumes out there.

Lori glad you are within your comfort zone....that is the best place to be for any of us!!

Yea I get you not wanting those golf indoor sessions. Who knows about those mutant c-vid variations and more out there right now. This is where ya weigh it on and decide but it never hurts to run away sometimes LOL

I too am drinking less water. Cold. I don't hound down as much, good reminder, we all need to keep that up for sure. Water is vital to making me feel good truly, I drink all day most of the time, lately I am just drinking later in the day and not much. Brrr...the water in my fridge is also so damn cold on my teeth HAHA

Hey all
off to mom's today
fast shop/visit
home to?
hubby home today and will rest. he been working very hard
kid....well....
me....no clue, got nice sun but cold....so? indoor doing? who knows

yesterday sun got the house nice and warm. turned off heat, opened a few windows for fresh air and of course forgot to put the heat back on LOL Woke up to 54 in the house. Too cold for me :slight_smile: but got the fireplace roaring and everything is heating up nice.

ZC is going very well. Have a nice big steak for later. Got crab legs on my mind. If not that I might stop and get a full rack of ribs on the way home from moms and hound those babies down :slight_smile:

we shall see, options, so many great options !!
  #386   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-21, 08:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, Friends.

Trig- Oooh the Outer Banks is so nice! Which part are you going to? I've spent a couple of vacations in Corolla.

Really really sorry about your knee being jacked up. That is such a bummer. You know I feel ya. I feel like these minor injuries have been my nemesis this year.

Jaz- I love the idea of folks singing around the pool with a guitar. THOSE are my kind of people. I can hang in that situation for sure.

Also like your story about the author. I am a firm believer in doing new and exciting things in midlife. I love a podcast called Experience 50. Oh, and good on you for getting so many applications in!

Lori- that is such a bummer about the C19 cases at your local college. So far, fingers crossed, my DS19's school has fared well. There are plenty of kids in parochial schools, daycares etc that seem to be doing well also. I am just so eager for things to go back to normal. I know you are too!

SO GLAD that your Sis got her second vaccine, that is great, and that your DH got his first. Good news all around.

Hey Blue!

••••••••••••••

Not too much shaking here. Went out to dinner with Dh and "the kids" last night- DD, SoIL and DS22. Really fun just to go hang out and eat, talk with them. I enjoyed me a margarita. Needless to say it was not on plan!

DD and SoIL are talking about buying a townhouse soon (starting to look in early March) and I gotta say, I'm a bit concerned about it. I wish they'd wait a bit. They don't really have enough money saved to do so, IMO, and not get a townhouse in a relatively crappy area (for this area, anyway.) I think they believe they should be farther along, own a house before getting pregnant etc. I've reminded her that we didn't own anything until I was pregnant with DS22 and DD was over three years old, you know? Location matters and I just feel like they are flying by the seat of their pants. Just rent something else for another year or so and build up more savings! But, their decision.

Pickleball today and I'm going to attempt to play for the first time in nearly two weeks. I won't lie, I am nervous about it. I'm going to try to limit to two games and hopefully I get that far. I will warm up and stretch first. My whole family will be going and I don't want to be left out again!

I'm thinking I'll try a new recipe or two this week. I have been having a hard, hard time getting on track and getting my feet under me with the WOE.

That's about it from here. Gonna go take a hot shower.
  #387   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-21, 09:01

BF:

Good Morning!

I've been flying around this morning! I went to the grocery store for a big load up and was home with that by 8 o'clock. Put that all away and then went upstairs for my Pahla B workout of the day. A shower and then loaded up the washer. I made Betty's chip dip for her and now I'm just waiting for my washer to be chiming that's it's finished. I haven't even had breakfast and your girl is getting a bit hungry!

I'm going to throw together a Keto meatloaf this afternoon for dinner and that's it for the day. The sun is shining and I have Spring fever! Back to reality tomorrow with......you guessed it......more snow.

Nic.....hope the PB goes well. Let us know!

Jaz....loved the horse picture! What a beautiful day.

Trig....hope Mom is doing well. I'm sure she'll be glad for a little visit from you today. Man oh man about that knee. Hope it gets better soon.

Washer is calling. Have good days!
  #388   ^
Old Sun, Feb-21-21, 10:30

BF:

Good Morning- (still for another hour!)

Fun to have some reading from most of you this morning!

Trig- So on the water.......what I am about to say I STUMBLED on. So I too do not drink tap water. I smell the chemicals and don't like drinking fluoride. I do buy bottled water......... I know..... anyway, I have noticed a huge difference in bottled water. Believe it or not in mouth feel and noticed a huge difference in wanting to drink it or not.
So I had been getting regular filtered "grocery" bottled water. But this last week they were out of the local brand so I spent the extra buck and bought DaSani water. It feels "softer" and I drink it faster and finish it. I also noticed I am drinking more.
There IS a difference. I have also had the water you can filter at home and not a fan, it still has the fluoride.

So anyway- I do not put my water in the cooler, or drink it chilled. I leave it on the counter and drink it room temp and it slides right down. I don't LIKE my drinks cold unless it has rum and ice. - otherwise, all my beverages are room temp.
I have also tried Fuji water and LOVE it. However, that is really $$$ but you should splurge and try some different waters and you are going to be shocked how different they taste.

I knew you would love the horse pic on the beach! How COOL was that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That horse was jet black and the coat was just a silky shine on that marvelous creature! It nuzzled my hand. I am sure it was hoping for a treat. HAHAHHAH
So sweet that lady let me play with her horse for a few minutes. Such joy ya know!!!!!!!

Hey- beautiful week on tap! Get ready!!!!!

Lori- - I need a neighbor like you!!!!! You are so sweet to Betty. glad to hear you got all your errands done by 8 am!!!!!
I didn't crawl outta bed until after 9!
Then I need to sit and have coffee and "wake up". I do not BOUNCE out of bed!

You make your meatloaf with pork rinds and egg? Yum!

Nic-- I hear ya on waiting until one has enough money to buy in the "right neighborhood" or house VS townhouse and all that.
However, from another perspective I think IF big IF - they can swing it to buy something even if not a forever home right now is a great deal with interest rates. Add that to the equity to sell when they are ready to "move up" they have something. Rent goes to someone else's pocket.
Nothing wrong with renting. I have done it for years. But If given the chose to own vs rent I would own IF I could afford it. I think owning even if it's small will start to build a little nest egg for later.

That is just my take on it. This coming from someone who is CURRENTLY bouncing from Airbnb to another. HAHAHAHAH- ie "homeless" as my mother says. MEH- but hey, you know their situation.
Very cool though that you mentioned "kids"......... at some point!

You know I understand the motivation or lack there of one for WOE. The entire world has it. The Covid 15 pounds + is no joke!
I was reading an article this morning about it.
It has changed everything and turned life upside down. People eat to relieve stress and feel better.
I wonder if any of us will fit into "pre-covid" clothes! HAHA

You know when you are ready you will put it up there as priority. Like Trig said to me......... None of us are in DIRE MORBID shape. Not a pass to go off the rails- but nothing that can't truly be dealt with. It just is. I think healthy is a better goal, you are healthy!!!!

Blue- updates!
------------------------------------------------
Today is a PICTURE PERFECT Spring day. Might hit close to 70 and the sun is WARM!

Today I am getting out the bike! Shorts, and a tee for sure. Will also have cocktails pool side........of course!

Meal- fresh salmon and asparagus. Yes I am making an effort to have more fish. I also picked up scallops and shrimp for tomorrow! OMG yes!

Got one Dear John reject letter back so far from my resumes. Not doing job hunt over the weekend. I will relook on Monday!

DS - will be here this time next week for TWO WEEKS. Pray for patience. I love my kid- I so do.............. this is a tight space for 2 adults who don't "sleep" together. The condo is adorable- but very small. Perfect for one person- tight for two.
Hopefully we will be outside most of the time.
I just hope to "keep up". The kid is 20 years my junior and in shape!!!!!!!!! He is very "talkative" too. I am not.

It will be interesting! -

Ok gang! - Off to explore.
  #389   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-21, 06:01

BF:

Jazz did ya trip on a flip? those flip flops can wipe one out! waiting to hear how you are doing

I drink any and all bottled water but the real cheapy brands....hate Crystal Geyser or something like that but hubby/kid are Desani brand. I do anything but home I have the best damn well water. No ick here, my water is yum LOL
but I get ya on water, good is good and the icky ones can turn you off fast.

Lori you were a whirlwind of activity! hope your meatloaf was tasty.
boring here, raining big again, which might mean some snow for you guys if ya get this front moving your way?

Nicco we will be in Oregon Inlet campground which is in Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Will have the entire ocean to ourselves as usual

Yum, a margarita is needed in life sometimes as we all know

Agree with you. Kids should hold off. But youngsters can't wait.....but truly, I would give them one more little chat to hold off. Buy better.....tell them to wait to buy the least expensive in a great neighborhood.....not buy in a crappy one but you can only suggest, they all do what they want in the end right?

it is the weather. our routines are out of whack....bored in a way and thinking too much and and and....it gets us on eating for sure You got this tho....pull yourself back and say DAMN spring is truly getting closer now and handling the food now means going into a good time in good mode and we can achieve our goals.

---------pouring cats/dogs here. ugh
boring day
kid to bed when I woke at 5:30am....omg vampire day for her
I think hubby going into car work? not sure on that one today
ME? no idea. I will go find me some damn ribs. Need a monster rack of them, just hankering.

other than all that nothing doing mostly. Knee is wonky. Darn thing. Same spot...same feeling, same weakness etc. Healing up a tad but again the usual probably a few good weeks to 'get a bit better' and then hope I don't pivot/turn again to wreck it. oh well....my life moves on

be good everyone
  #390   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-21, 06:41

BF:

Good Morning!

I woke up at 3AM and my mind started whirling. I lay there and start thinking about life....like what year did we do this? When did we do that? How many years has it been since...? OMG......Once you start doing math in your head, there is no going back to sleep! I finally gave up and got up at 4. I'm losing it!

I stripped the bed and had DH help me flip the mattress before he left for work. I've been wanting to flip the mattress for a while.....try to do it a couple times a year. That's my project for the day. Washer is spinning and I'm about to head for my workout while the sheets dry. I'm hoping to be able to take a nap later, but it usually doesn't work out very well.

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow this morning. It hasn't started yet. Scale is up a couple lbs since Saturday morning. Not sure what that is about, but it's pi$$ing me off! I might as well eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's.....sigh.

Jaz.....still trying to figure out your email. The subject line was a bit confusing? The pic sure didn't look good....hope you're ok.

Washer is chiming.....gotta run!