Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 08:23

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default Does Anyone Dream of Body Sculpting???

Weight coomes off SLOWLY.....

The filled out rolls become loose and flabby......

Stretch marks look like an endless maze.........

FOr the first time in my life, Im dreaming of plastic surgery. OF course it would take winning the lottery !! This all started when I hit an all time high, but this time I was NOT pregnant. Frustration. ANger. ANd tears. An injury at work, on top of a 20 pound gain due to a change in work assignment, left me bed ridden, well, couch ridden. Not able to get around, my weight held at those extra 20. THen with improvement, raiding the kitchen became feasable. I ballooned!!!

ANd I had to spend money I didnt have on second hand clothes to buy a bigger size, in jeans and shorts. More frustration. More anger. More tears.

This set off the dream of instant weight removal. And an understanding of why people risk it. If I had the money I would do it.c

Do you feel this way? Now or in the past?

How do you resculpt your curves?

Exercise? Meditation?

Massage the rolls??????

Go under the knife????? Use a roller???

Hoping this thread will be a place to vent, to share, to commiserate as we delve into body image. Let's be kind, maybe a bit more than usual, as this is a very touchy area.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 12:44

Plan: Atkins/KETO/IF
Stats: 370/163/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 96%

Oh yes, I have dreamed off winning the lottery and being able to do something surgically to repair some of the damage I have done to my body. Hasn’t happened and I am not sure I would actually have such surgery, between the pain and possible complications…

Dr. Ken Berry offers some hope that the skin will improve with keto/IF/autophagy

How to fix loose skin from weight loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWh4qeVEaqw
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 12:55

BF:

Hi Dancing Girl !!!

I dont think I would go under the knife either--- but I would lookinto the so called fat melting methods advertised on TV. How does it work? Is it safe? What are the side effects? ANd then talk to at least 10 people who have dont it. lol

My SIL used some kind of oil on her daughters dog bite-- attacked while biking. I have wondered how that helped the scars.

Will check out that link!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 13:16

Plan: Atkins/KETO/IF
Stats: 370/163/155 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi, Ms. Arielle!

I think we have seen the same ads showing amazing results! If the “afters” are not photo-shopped or CGI, that is indeed something dream-worthy. Would certainly like to see if there are some things that could help with these issues that do not involve “going under the knife!”
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 13:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinGurl
Oh yes, I have dreamed off winning the lottery and being able to do something surgically to repair some of the damage I have done to my body. Hasn’t happened and I am not sure I would actually have such surgery, between the pain and possible complications…

Dr. Ken Berry offers some hope that the skin will improve with keto/IF/autophagy

How to fix loose skin from weight loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWh4qeVEaqw

Dr Barry MD gave a good talk--autophagy is a benefit of IF.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 14:08

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

If you get any cash, you are better off getting a personal trainer and asking them to help you to sculpt your body, there are some reasonably priced ones, and workout with them for one or two hours a week will make a difference in no time.
Its not an instant solution, but hey... the alternative and winning the lottery may not happen.
I had a personal trainer recently until I had my wrist injury last week by falling on it working out with him made exercise so much better and really motivated me, plus I saw results very quick... am so sad I can't do the weight training now until my wrist is sorted !
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 14:22

BF:

Hope that wrist is back in weight training shape soon!!

Yes working out can sure tighten up the muscles, and build stability in the joints etc. Great idea!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 14:25

BF:

WIll continue to add homemade soups using bone-in meats for the collogen and the bone minerals. AND Make a greater point to buy skin- on chicken.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 15:38

BF:

Dr Axe offers options that MD's cannot.

A wide varieties of options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfs2zUJMkgg
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 01:52

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm getting a tummy tuck in just under 2 weeks, and have been writing about it on and off in my journal for the last couple of months.

For reference, I lost 120lb in under 2 years, and have kept it off for another 18 months since then. I have bits of looseness here and there that don't really bother me that much, but the exception is the lower belly roll which visibly overhangs the belt line. It's this practical inability to wear a properly fitted shirt, plus the fact that it hasn't resolved itself of its own accord since I reached my weight loss goal, that led me to make an enquiry, and eventually a booking.

If the surgeon had decided that it wasn't worth the trouble for me, or if I had a family to support, or if I couldn't afford it for any other reason, then I'd have been fine with that. But the surgeon told me he's removed less from others, I'm single with no dependents, and I can afford it. I'm also (just barely) under 40, so I could live with the benefits of this for a good while to come.

It's perhaps a different scenario from that of the original poster, but this has been my experience (or is about to be, heh).
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-18, 07:05

BF:

Nice to hear from you Grav,and very nice of you to share your upcoming dream. I like that you did the work to drop the weight AND allowed the body time to find its happy place. But like you said you have MANY years ahead of you to enjoy the new look and fit of your clothes. I wish you luck on this adventure. Will look for updates on your adventure.