Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 21:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/195/175
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Potato Pancakes (Cauliflower)

I got this idea from Karen's Cauliflower Puree.

1/2 head of Cauliflower
2 tsps Sage
4 tbsps Parmesan
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cream as required

Cook Cauliflower florets until tender (20 minutes), drain and remove excess water by squeezing between two plates. The original recipe called for goat cheese, which I did not have so I ended up using all Parmesan. Blend the Cauliflower and spices in a food processor until smooth, adding Cream as required. Don't forget that the eggs will add some mositure, since you don't want sloppy pancakes. Stir in the eggs. Fry in a pan until brown on both sides. I might try a non stick griddle next time as they were a tad greasy, albeit tasty. You might want to add the butter back to the original recipe if you go this route. Serve with Sour Cream of course.

These should also be good with green onions and cream cheese rather than parmesan.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/195/175
BF:
Progress: 60%

Just noticed that I forgot the two eggs from the ingredient list.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 22:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/191/125 Female 5ft 4in
BF:TOO/Mu/ch
Progress: 14%
Arrow messy cakes!

I have tried the reciepe for the potato pancakes twice and i have to say, both times i have been disappointed. When i go to fry the
pancakes, i add olive oil to the pan and drop in the cauliflower
mixture by the tablespoon. it starts out okay, but te whole thing
falls apart when i try to flip it. it's like there's nothing holding it together. i squezzed out the extra liquid from the cauliflower, and used minimal cream in preparation....any suggestions?

thanks!
bebe
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 01:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I would not use any cream and add 4 Tbsp. of cream cheese to the mixture. Cook on medium low heat until brown and crisp, then flip them over. They will have a better chance of staying together if there is less liquid and the heat is lower.

Karen