Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-08, 22:37

Plan: atkins for now
Stats: 280/209.4/160 Female 5'10.5
BF:
Progress: 59%

THis is TOO freaking funny!!!!

im worried about swhite....
ya'll dont think that the WW's peeps sucked her in, do ya'?

the ONLY success that i have had in losing wt is with low carbing....
ive been at it just for a few days now and i LOVE the fact of no cravings!!!

SWHITE~~~come back to us!!!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Jun-24-08, 08:56

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

I hope she hasn't fallen in the miserable WW pit. :'(
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 13:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305.4/295.8/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Back from the dead!

Hey everyone I dont know if you guys remember me but I started this thread early last year. I know that I disappeared for a long time and during that time I am sad to say that I totally fell off track. Shortly after my last post i lost my grandmother. I totally lost it. I guess I couldnt take it. I had already lost my granny on my dad's side October '07 then turn around and lose my granny on mom's side June '08. I was blessed to have the opportunity to be very, very, very close to both of my grandmothers and now both of them are gone. I fell into a depression because i had never really totally mourned or completely coped with the first death. Then when the other occured i finally broke down and went periods where i ate alot and then periods where I didnt eat at all. I've gained all of my weight back plus some. I'm finally picking myself back up thanks to patience and support from family, friends and my boyfriend. I started back January 5th. So far down about 8lbs or so and I've renewed my gym membership and been going 3 days a week. I'm feeling alot better now and I've moving on with life. I know thats what Granny(dad's side) and Big Mama(mom's side)(those were the names we called each one ) would want me to do.

On a lighter note..I do still work at the same place and yes Ms Weight Watchers is still holding on to the title! I must say that she has been very supportive as well. She is still bossy and trying to tel me what I should and shouldnt eat. She even talked with me because she noticed me gaining weight. So now that I'm back in full gear I may have some new installments because trust me...she has not changed one bit! And shes actually a little worse now more than ever because of what I've been thru. I know shes just concerned but I gotta let her i know i'm ok now and I got it from here! So once again let the games begin!! lol
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 14:30

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Glad you are climbing back on the wagon and you will do great! I also worked with ladies that were on WW. I just could never do it at all. I was starving all the time and then would come home and eat and eat. I remember them filling their bowls up at lunch time with iceberg lettuce and celery sticks, cottage cheese, and canned peaches. I'd be eating salad with broc. full fat dressing, and a bunless burger. They hated me and every bite I put in my mouth they were right there to tell me how many points it was worth. It may have worked for them, but I couldn't and didn't want to live that way again. I am all for WW and any other type of eating plan if it works for you and you feel healthy and happy on it. Just wasnt for me. I don't try to push atkins on my friends at all eithe, never mention thats what I'm doing. They just have seen me eat on ocassion and know that I am not "starving" myself so they scratch their heads with the drop of lbs. and there is one at work who even says I am not even trying hard enough-if she only knew how hard it is.
  #170   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 15:15
Registered Member

Stats: 233/191/153 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome back!

Let the taunting begin! LOL
  #171   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 16:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/213.1/150 Female 5'6"
BF:must/hate/carbs
Progress: 34%

I loved hearing about miss WW I can't wait....Welcome back
  #172   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-09, 17:05
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/140/128 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress:

i love it, i love it, i love it!!!!! yes, my friend on WW told me she can have 22 points a day which means she can eat 22 WW ice cream pops and that all she wants to eat sometimes. full of sugar and whatever chemicals are in those.... i'll take a hefty swig of cream cheese anytime! meantime i'm having ribeye steak and salad tonite.... probably 100 WW points!!!! yeah!!!!!
  #173   ^
Old Tue, May-12-09, 15:26

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

loved reading all of these posts....WW did not work for me at all...this LC is what works with my body and with my husband who likes to eat out alot....I can order meat and salad anywhere...and am satisfied...I can have the bleu cheese or basalmic on salad. I can have fish, chicken , steak, lobster with butter....when I tried WW I was always stressed out about what to order and eat!...and the weight did not hardly budge....FYI~~I have been off wagon for 2 years now...I am back here now and these boards are what helps me soooo much...thank you everyone
  #174   ^
Old Tue, May-12-09, 16:25

Plan: Keto
Stats: 148/146/133 Female 5'4
BF:36%/23/?
Progress: 13%

I have noticed a lot of folks mentioning balsamic dressing on the forum boards. Many of these have a lot of carbs and would not be suitable for induction (the posters may be in different phases though), so if you are really watching carbs check the labels.
  #175   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 08:46

Stats: 241/223/175 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 27%

I just had to say that y'all are all hilarious and I second Chelle921's comments! It's funny, because we have started a weight loss challenge at work- most people are trying WW, but I read up on LC and have been doing it for 2 weeks now. I get SO tired of hearing them complain about how hungry they are or how it's too hard for them to diet on the weekend. I actually really like LC (at this point) and think that it is perfect for me.
  #176   ^
Old Fri, May-22-09, 07:22

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Hee hee! I am glad this thread was revived because today is my FIRST official day of Summer (I am a teacher), and what a way to start vacation! I have been cackling between sips of my coffee with cream of course!

I had tried for the last six months (but only a few days at a time) to try to find "balance" (HA HA!) and yeah fell into the WW trap ( for three whole days). NO thank you! After being on ATkins for almost one solid year, my digestive system fought it the whole way through. I love eating low carb, and my body loves it too.