Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 12:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/130/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default 2 carb crepes

These crepes are absolutely delicious! They are tender, and taste exactly like a crepe made with flour. There is NO taste of soy, but you must use defatted soy flour, available at health food stores and some supermarkets. I reworked an old recipe I had, "cause I was craving crepes. You can fill them with sweetened cottage cheese, and you will have a "blintz". Or you can fill them with savoury cooked fillings (salmon, chicken, beef)and bake them with cheese on top. Or you could fill them with cooked shrimp and vege's, fry them for a few minutes and you would have an egg roll. The possibilities are endless. Let me know your ideas for fillings and toppings. Anyways, here 's the recipe. Enjoy!

2 Carb Crepe's

3/4 cup defatted soy flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup water **
1/2 packet splenda
Butter for frying

Combine all these ingredients(except butter) in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 10 seconds. The batter should be the consistency of cream, so it will pour easily. Heat a nonstick 8" fry pan till quite hot, and add a dab of butter to coat pan. Pour in a scant 1/4 cup of the mix, swirling it around to cover the pan. Cook until nicely browned, then flip over and cook about 10 seconds more. Repeat, using more butter each time you pour another crepe. Stack cooked crepes, separating with paper towels.
You will end up with 15 crepes. They can be frozen.
To fill: Place about 2 Tablespoons of desired filling on one edge of crepe. Roll once, fold in each side, and finish rolling up snuggly.

Total recipe has 30 carbs, 57 protein, 99 fat

** If batter starts to get too thick to pour and swirl, just add a little more water.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 16:37

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

These sound really handy, imagem! Is there anything that could be substituted for the soy flour do you think? I'm not overly fond of soy.

Last edited by Iwilldoit : Fri, Jun-20-03 at 16:38.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 22:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/130/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Iwilldoit! Please get the defatted soy at a health food store, and give them a try, I promise you will not taste soy at all. Then write back and let me know. I am working on a llow carb tortilla right now using the the same defatted soy flour. Good luck! Gail
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 10:29

Plan: Modified Low Carb
Stats: 320/273.8/270 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 92%

Hi and thanks for replying Imagem

actually, it's not the taste of the soy that concerns me, it's the chemical impact of soy on some of my metabolic functions that leads me to try to avoid too much soy products in my diet.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-11, 21:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/220/195 Male 6'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Really good

These are terrific. Often, I do not use the sweetener, and make them smaller (about bread slice) and use two of them to make a sandwich. Delicious! Thanks!