Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 23:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/131/105 Female 5'3
BF:???
Progress: 30%
Default Please...I need advice...

I am pretty sure I have a Candida Yeast Infection...

I always woundered why my skin itched...why things that should be okay like tea, green beans, broccili, Splenda and the like gave me trouble. I have been going through alot to try to figure out what has been going on and causing my sugar cravings. I have all of the systems and am totally freaking out...how do I get rid of it? How long does it take? Can I still lose weight? Will it take longer...what foods are acceptable in the first 6 weeks?

Anytime I eat sugar...I immediatly get a cold, I bloat, gain wieght overnight, have bad cravings for days following and it has been interupting my weight loss signifigantly. I'm really scared...is this treatable...will it go away? My skin is and has been so dry...I retain alot of fluid in my gut area after eating carbs and have had trouble with simple taks, eyesight has gotten really bad, can't sleep, am always hungry after eating the forbidden foods like sugar.

did I get this from the extreme amount of sugar I used to eat? What diet plan do I follow? Just meat?

Are these things okay?

turkey (no adds to it)
chicken (not the frozen kind)
eggs
asparagus
celeary
tuna
fish
water

I am so relieved I found this sight. This explains alot to me. I checked out some threads...thanks for your advice! I need it!

Please help!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 13:44
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, those are fine. Try to get a book that tells you what to eat to clear it up. There are a lot of foods you have to avoid. Not only sugary things which you know but starchier veggies and anything fermented like vinegars and soy sauce as well.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 22:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Oh yes the ol' eyesight. I had that one about 5 years ago - it was SCARY! My vision blurring would come and go. The worst for me has been the "out of the blue" panic attacks that would typically hit me, of all places, while I was sitting on the toilet.

Yup, you have candida alright! But dont' worry it is treatable.
How do you get it? Welp, that is a long story. You are supposed to have it in the gut but sometimes conditions let it get out of control. An extreme example is a Cancer or AIDS victim - their immune system is so depressed and not functioning worth a hoot that the fungus has an opportunity to grow out of control and if not treated immediately can actually kill the patient.
You and I don't have to worry about that though. Ours is a slow growth.
When I get a cold or flu my gut goes wild and here is what I think is happening. My immune system is still so compromised from being sick for so many years that when it takes it attention off my gut and tends to the virus invading my body, the fungus has an opportunity to grow like wildfire and causes enormous amounts of gas and bloating within a day. After that, my gut calms down again and I'm back in business.

One of the many ways that I put fun into my fungus filled life (by weird observations).

Jeannie