Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 22:09
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%
Unhappy Had to take Biaxin during week 1 of induction

Hi everyone!
I am done 3 weeks induction,tomorrow. I have not cheated once in the last 3 weeks. I have been cutting calories, as well as getting as close as I can to 70%fat, 25%protein and 5% carbs. All this to no avail. I have lost 5 lbs all in the first week. That is it.
During week 1 of induction I caught bronchitis and was put on a stint of biaxin. This is probably my 4th time on antibiotics for my lungs this yr.I am a chronic asthmatic. Is there something i can take to get the yeast build up in me down? I hate having to give up cheese as I am still on induction and have so few choices as it is. I have also been told to give up cheese ,all dairy, and avacadoes.
Iam feeling pretty discouraged here. All i read about in the other forums is how much people are losing. I am trying so hard. I exercise every day as well. I am almost 39 yrs old.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 07:07

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

Is your tongue coated? Get some acidophilus for your fridge for whenever you are on antibiotics, too. I lost 6 lbs water weight and that's it, been on induction with a coated tongue since mid February. I am 39 years old. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:45
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

No my tongue is not coated. What is acidophilus and what does it do?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:58

Plan: Atkins, Perricone, my own
Stats: 157/144/120 Female 5 feet 1 1/2 inches
BF:do/nt/no
Progress: 35%

That's good about your tongue. Acidophilus is "good bacteria" which are destroyed along with "bad bacteria" when you are on antibiotics. The good bacteria needs to bee replaced to help you avoid even getting yeast in the first place. Maybe do a search on these boards to try the spit test to see if you have candida or not. I am also extremely discouraged. I hate low carb without cheese!