Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  1 plan, 2 people, 240lbs gone

View Article Article tools
  #121   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 04:57

Plan: General Low carb
Stats: 266/252/168 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 14%

Wow thats great!
Im about the same size as the husband 'was'. Proving that I can do it with hard work!
My only worry is that my skin will be saggy after, has your husbands retracted?
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 12:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Yeah, I was wondering the same. Will I have a bunch of saggy skin from where my belly was or will it go away eventually? My stomach is already softer and hangs more from the 15 lbs loss.

Donna
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Mar-05-11, 13:26
Registered Member

Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

I am absolutely overwhelmed!

My husband and I began our journey together on Wednesday, February 9th of this year. So far I've lost 13.7 pounds. We are doing exactly what you did-- no processed foods, whole foods all the way.

I absolutely CANNOT thank you enough for showing us your miraculous journey. I am overjoyed for both of you, and also for us. Accomplishing what you have as a team, is so inspirational to any couple attempting the same journey. It really brought tears to my eyes. I truly believe in our commitment to this process and I hope that a year from now I will have some pictures of my own to share.

All the best to you and your husband. I wish you continued success and every happy moment you have earned together!
  #124   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-11, 13:39
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

My husband has a small amount of saggy skin in his belly, but it's continued to improve, so I think it's too early to say if it's going to stick around or not. I don't really have much either. A little bit in my upper legs, but you can't see it unless I am standing with my leg up on something like a big step - then it hangs down a little. Other than that, we're pretty decent in that department (keep in mind our age - I am 28 and he is 29).

Dolphin - (sorry, don't know your real name!) Just stick with the plan - it's all you need to do. It's been a great ride for hubby and I. I keep him on track with the diet, and he tries to keep me on track with the exercise (which I'm limited on, but that's ok).
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 15:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 266/264/190 Male 70inches
BF:
Progress:

Wow - I have started low carb today and have about 80lbs to lose. I have joined the forum 10 minutes ago and am already totally inspired by your story.
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 12:27
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 174/156/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Very inspiring!! May I ask what pants size you are? You look sooo tiny!!
  #127   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 12:40
Induction ≠ Atkins

It just looks that way I am in most brands an 8, some a 10. It just really depends on how they are cut. I am thick in the legs, so usually I have to buy pants to fit my thighs and not my hips/waist.
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 280/275/155 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress:

That is such a wonderful outcome between you and your husband. Just wanted to say congratulations, keep up the good work.....and go out and enjoy yourselves!
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 225/213/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Thank You!!!! When people share their success it gives us newer folk lots of encouragement! You both look soooooooo fantastic! It sure doesn't look like there is any more to lose, to me... but I love that you are striving for YOUR goals! what an awesome gift to have given yourselves and one another! Best Wishes!
  #130   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 07:53

Stats: 199/167.4/145 Female 65
BF:39%/32%/20%
Progress: 59%

Thank you so much for inspiring us all. I have seen you throughout the board inspiring others, and now that I have a full picture of your journey I just want to thank you for documenting and sharing so much to help others.
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 07:51

Stats: 201/172/170 Male 67
BF:
Progress: 94%

WOW!! That is great!! Congrads to the both of you. This is a fantastic way to eat. The two of you are a great inspiration for us all!!

#132   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 20:49

Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Krystalr- your recipes are awesome!! I made a Mixed Berry Semifredo and oh my goodness is it wonderful. I love the peanut butter protein bars and lemon cheesecake mousse, too. My dh is lc-ing with me and he finally feels like he had some ice cream with the semifreddo. Thanks so much for creating these recipes. I wonder how I could make a chocolate swirl semifreddo?

Donna
  #133   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 01:26

Plan: Low-Carb
Stats: 240/226/164 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 18%

Well done! your story is inspirational! Xx
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 05:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 348/332.3/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

wow how inspiring! How did you lose 30 lbs in a month?
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-11, 06:53
Induction ≠ Atkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnahill8
Krystalr- your recipes are awesome!! I made a Mixed Berry Semifredo and oh my goodness is it wonderful. I love the peanut butter protein bars and lemon cheesecake mousse, too. My dh is lc-ing with me and he finally feels like he had some ice cream with the semifreddo. Thanks so much for creating these recipes. I wonder how I could make a chocolate swirl semifreddo?

Donna

Hey Donna!

I'll post this in your journal as well, but, I think you could just use the vanilla semifreddo as a base, and then kind of spin off the raspberry swirl tatic:

Pour 1/3 of the semi base into whatever container you are using. Melt down your favorite chocolate bar (I REALLY like the Lindt Excellence 85% - it has 15g carbs for the entire bar. I also like the Tome Thumb/Safeway brand (if you have one near you) extreme dark that is 78%, and has 12g for the entire bar) and then either drizzle 1/2 of the chocolate over the first layer OR mix it with a little bit of the semifredo to "thicken" it a little, and then drizzle. Add another 1/3 of the semi base, then the rest of the chocolate, then top with the remaining 1/3 of the base. Using a knife, swirl the chocolate through, or, you can leave it as is. Should be pretty simple

letsdoti - all I did was simply follow plan. I had no special tweaks, no magic tricks...just let the plan do what it's meant to do!