Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 21:14

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 270/210/150 Female 65 inches
BF:50?/VERY/22
Progress: 50%
Angry WEIS supermarket "carb choice" tags

WOW! I just got back from doing some grocery shopping this evening, and I was shocked. As I walked through the store I noticed "carb choice" tags attached to a LOT of products on the shelves. I wasn't surprised to see a tag on the canned sardines, or the cheese, but I thought it was a little questionable to be encouraging people to drink coffee (tag on store brand decaf) and was horrified to see a tag on LOW FAT AND SKIM MILK!!!! Can you believe it? I mean, not on the cream, not even the whole milk, but on skim and low fat milk! I didn't tell the manager b/c was in such a rush to get home, but I feel that something should be done. I mean, there are a lot of people out there who hear 'low-carb' and think they are doing the diet properly, when in fact they are eating processed foods and sugar alchohols and "cheats" instead of meat, fish, dairy, etc... And now, b/c yet another store has decided to capitalize on this (and not even in a positive way -- I mean, in some ways all the "low-carb" madness is great b/c lc things are getting cheaper and easier to find) and they are not even accurate. AND, I doubt that there is any way to make them change it, since all the tags say are "Carb Choice" and not "Low Carb" or anything defineable like that. I mean, sure, lowfat milk is a carb choice, so is pasta, and DONUTS, (perhaps Haagen Daas?), they're just not LOW carb ones...
Sponsored Links