Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-06, 02:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/143/200 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

When I say sauekraut, I'm talking about REAL sauerkraut, not the stuff you buy in the store.

Sauerkraut is cabbage fermented by various species of the lactobilli variety. It is RICH in probiotics (this includes the juice it's in). But, to get these sort of benefits, you really have to ferment your own of find a place that makes it, but doesn't pasteurise it afterwards. All store-bought sauerkraut (unless it specifically states otherwise) is dead.

Besides, it's delicious!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Apr-12-06, 20:23

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hmm...don't know how to make it myself...need to get a recipe lol... Thanks for the info though... Recipes are days long...so much for that thought... Lately grapefruit has been really, really helping...1/2, twice a day...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Wed, Apr-12-06 at 20:38.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 02:16

BF:

Really? I can't tolerate grapefruit. Pity, I love the stuff.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 23:42

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Bumping..this Forum...
  #50   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 02:27

BF:

What you must remember is that many people "think" they have candida, when they really have something else. Candida is often a side-effect of an underlying problem e.g. diabetes, parasites, mercury poisoning etc.

In my case, I tried to treat my candida for over a year without success. Turns out I had rickettsia/chlymadia with high mercury load.

You gotta get rid of the underlying problem or Candida won't go away. It is often just a secondary infection if it proves to be persistent.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, May-08-06, 17:38

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

That is a very good peice of information there............remembering that candida can be a symptom of something else.

What is rickettsia? Need input please. How does one get a high mercury load? From just dental work alone or many factors?
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 02:20

BF:

Rickettsia is a cell-wall-deficient bacteria. It is typically transmitted through tick bites. But I'm not convinced that's how I got mine. Very persistent and hard to kill infection. Causes many symptoms you can think are something else (fatigue, "brain-fog", carb sensitivity, hormonal and thyroid problems, etc. etc. etc.).

the mercury one is tricky. In my case I was exposed to high levels of the stuff (lab spill). However, some people believe that certain people (who tend to develops CFS, Fibro etc.) have an impaired ability to remove toxins from their system. Glutathione depletion and other things plays a role. So this means that mercury is accumulated faster than it is disposed so build up occurs where it wouldn't in normal people. There are lots of theories about CFS/Fibro etc. It's all very interesting.

Unfortunately, far too many people try to treat Candida with antifungals and probiotics instead of healing their bodies or treating the underlying cause. I'm trying to set up a website to provide more info about this sort of thing. If you hear anybody say "I've had Candida for years!" they have another problem or they're doing something wrong. Candida really shouldn't be that hard to treat.

Last edited by Yakumo : Tue, May-09-06 at 02:29.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, May-09-06, 21:22

BF:

yeah, I hear you. I mean people first off have to do it right and if you've treated candida right........it should go away.

Now, in my case.....everything else other than candida was being treated.........the candida is what was looked over. But even after my regimen is over with the supplements.....I am going to be vigilant and make sure my body is functioning as I think it should and make sure there's nothing else going on.

I'm in the beginning of this now.......so......we'll see.

thanx for answering my question........I appreciate it.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 02:59

BF:

What are you doing for you Candida?
  #55   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 17:50

BF:

I am (obviously ) on the diet.......being strict as to not wander into the gray areas.

I am taking biotic silver, candicyn, defend, prodophilus..........it is a 14 month long regimen with 3 phases....( I chose to do 14 months b/c I may have had this most of my entire life and it's not something you can get rid of quickly-I wanna make sure)......I am in the first phase.........the second phase introduces flora guard...the counselor there has helped bunches and is very knowledgeable. I can elaborate more on these if you'd like.

I went with this b/c I was too overwhelmed with ALL of the things to buy and take and this was the only plan I could find where the supplements had a schedule, plan, and the supplements work off of each other. I am getting tons of results. I can see and feel this stuff coming out of my body. I still have my ooo and oregano extract and am taking a lot of advice from this site on supplements like Vit D and so forth.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 02:14

BF:

I have endless problems with Candida. I have been told it won't go away until I get rid of my other infections. Lots of people with e.g. Rickettsia and Lyme seem to suffer with Candida, then when they rid themselves of the main infections, the Candida just goes away. Could you give me a link and some info on the specifics of your protocol?

Thanks
  #57   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 20:43

BF:

sure. I will send the web site they will send you a 60 page, very well written book. They have all of their own product and I have found that in everything I researched .........I liked this approach the best. The people I have dealt with are all VERY nice and the counselor, Gary is great!!! As I was talking to him and trying to say how well the book was written for someone like me who finds it very difficult to read and absorb/understand what Im reading.........I found that it is HE who wrote the book.........so you are getting NO second hand info. He stayed on the phone w/ me for longer than a 1/2 hour and answered every question I had. AND he wants me to call back so he can see how I am doing and help tweak my supplement regimen.

They have vast knowledge in the book about their supplements and give a lot of great detail about it........anything else you want to know they will help you with.........I feel like I am not on my own. I can say this too........most of the stuff are pills that have nice flavors to them........one smells like a tea, and another like nutmeg........( no bad aftertastes....at all!!!).....the biotic silver is about tasteless and I'm finding it not even a problem with taking this stuff 3x a day. And the yeast is rolling outta my body like mad since I've started. But it did get worse before I felt a bit better.

Here is the link......

http://candidayeastinfections.com/description.htm

...look through it and at least order the book if you want......all of the prices are in the book and they have many different options for price and if you are still having trouble with that then call and talk to Gary........he will help. I couldn't fathom how much I was going to spend on 10,000 supplements so many times a day....I got too overwhelmed with it all.......this at least gives you an idea of what you will need and a schedule of when and how to take it all. So far I am happy........but I am one month into it. I can see and feel my body detoxing and killing the yeast.

In addition.........I do take a multi vitamin.....ok for yeast, of course, calcium,w/ zinc and magnesium, vit D, and blue green algaes<~~~I had some of these already.........they are antioxidants and help with the toxins. I also have a stockpile of defend-ols other anto-o that I will use. I had all of this stuff already.........even tho they do have their own supplements you can buy, he advised me to use what I had..........he didn't try to sell me on a bunch of junk.....but let me know it was there if I wanted it.....and I liked that.

good luck........let me know how it goes. It took maybe a couple of weeks to get my book.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, May-13-06, 20:51

BF:

my protocol..........

I am on the slower easier plan..........less expensive and easier on my body b/c I scored SO high on every test I took.

there are 3 phases

phase 1 (I am in now) lasts 2 months....... I take:

1 tsp of biotic silver 3x a day
1 defend (not my defend ol)
1 candicyn
30 mins before each meal

then at meal I take 1 prodophilus
the pro-d I take with breakfast and dinner only....so 2x a day for that one.

phase 2 lasts 6 months and the regimen gets a little more aggressive and the third phase takes 6 months and it involves the pro d and flora guard - putting all of the good bacteria in.

Now my schedule will last 14 months........but only b/c I scored so high and may have very well had this my whole life.........depending on how high your score is will determine how long you would need to take the supplements and like I said they have different plans for your specific financial needs. So this may not be your exact schedule.

okeedokee...........I sure hope I explained that well..........let me know if you have nay other questions.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, May-14-06, 03:38

BF:

Thanks! Candida sucks. Especially all the food allergies it has given me. Drives me mad. I think I should start making colloidal silver. Might really help.