Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Thu, May-31-18, 13:13

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello All,

Welcome M!

Everyone day sounds like it is going splendid!

Hot here in Illinois but cooler weather coming this weekend!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 06:12
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hey guys!

I don't post much in here, but Imma your number 1 lurker and FAN!

You all are doing super duper fab-tastic! WTG!

De, you said you ate SF jello? I've been treating myself with some of that since around Spring Break...

I make it into a slushy-type thingy... refreshing when it's so stinking HOT here!

Wishing all of you continued success on your journeys to better HEALTH!
  #168   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 09:00

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Jo, so happy to see you posting here
No need to lurk, you’re one of the crew so join in! 💕

I got my ice cream loving RDH to eat sf jello with me instead of him eating so much ice cream! How do you make it slushy? I’ve been making cubes and then make a jello topping by adding some whip cream and blending with jello before it sets... DH loves it.

I’ve also been making pitchers of iced coffee! Love the stuff! I switch between iced tea and iced coffee all day. keeps me out of trouble

I’ve been on a tuna kick. I like to have it ready made in case I get hungry. I’ve been adding chopped olives and jalapeños. I’ll have it with celery or on a bed of lettuce or spinach. It’s easy to make. I don’t seem to get bored of it.

I am meeting with two of my friends from work today. One is still working and about to retire and the other is retired like me. I love getting together with them!

Have a good TGIF everyone!
  #169   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 16:12

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hello to old and new warrior friends...

I was never very faithful about posting, and I'm sorry about that, but I'm hoping to do better and be accountable here. I'm so happy to see you all doing so well!

My clothes are too tight....there, I said it. I must lose around 30 pounds or buy new clothes. I updated my numbers as of my weight this morning. Yikes. I did get down to 149 in 2015 and lived in the 150s until, not carb creep but CHEESE CREEP. I'm banishing cheese as of today.

Henceforth Meat, Eggs, Fat just like the old days! ~Amy
  #170   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 16:29

BF:

hello Amy...

It’s so good to see you!

We need to get this board hopping

I love seeing someone from the old group return. I hope you keep posting!

#171   ^
Old Fri, Jun-01-18, 17:01

BF:

Thank you Delaney...so glad for the faithful!
Yes, hopping like bunnies!
  #172   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 04:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hi Jo, so happy to see you posting here
No need to lurk, you’re one of the crew so join in! 💕
Thanks!

Quote:
I got my ice cream loving RDH to eat sf jello with me instead of him eating so much ice cream! How do you make it slushy? I’ve been making cubes and then make a jello topping by adding some whip cream and blending with jello before it sets... DH loves it.
That is so cool that you got your RDH to eat dt jello instead of ice cream.

I buy the small boxes of dt jello (I think it's 4 cup serving?) I nuke 3/4 of water in the microwave, dump hot water and jello mix in blended and blend well. Add 1/2 cup of very cold water + a few drops of liquid sucralose, blend. Then add 10 ice cubes and blend until ice is crushed. I pour it into a plastic rubber maid container approx 13 x 9, and place in the freezer. I let it set up about an hour and mix it up. Then I separate it into two plastic containers, one to eat and one for later (I nuke it for about 45 sec to get it "slushy" again). I eat it with a spoon.

My fav flavors are Black cherry, cherry and orange (Wal-mart brand). The orange "slushy" tastes almost like cream-sicle or orange sherbet. Remember the cream-sicles with the vanilla ice cream inside? One of "Fat Jo's" favs back in the day...
  #173   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 04:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Hiya, Amy! Good to see you back in here!

Don't be too hard on yourself! At least you didn't re-gain all the weight back and that's a blessing for sure.

You know what you have to do and I know you'll DO IT! You've GOT THIS!

As for cheese, I only use about 1 T of Parmesan cheese (the one in the plastic container) on my daily leafy green salad, I can't have any other cheese in the house b/c it's like "crack" to me... You are not alone in the war on cheese!
  #174   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 09:12

BF:

Thanks Jo...good to see you too. Cheese is the enemy!
  #175   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 09:19

BF:

Weight is the same. Feeling a little keto flu today. Headache and semi-nauseous. It isn't that bad but a little surprising that I really was out of ketosis. Honest, I've not had a legit carb food in over four years. Too much cheese/too much protein I guess. And not enough fat. I guess that explains my creeping low grade depression of the last months. A good ketosis should brighten me up. I will let you know.

Have a great day everyone!
  #176   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 11:23

BF:

Happy Saturday All

Amy, I hear ya on that cheese! I’ve had to cut most cheese out. I have to keep a check on calories as well as carbs. I’ve added veggies too for health reasons. Keep posting here for support. You can do this!

I need to get to the gym today, not in the mood, but I’ll get er done ✅

Jo, I gotta try the jello slush, sounds yummy!

Please keep posting here gang, it sure makes me HAPPY to see you all posting here!!!

Yesterday was a super fun girls day with a couple of my friends! I need more days like that. 💕

Have a fantastic Saturday!
  #177   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 13:01

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Glad to see you posting here Amy

Missed you!

Yepper cheese is also like crack to me I had to banish it from my world!

Jo , jello slushy now that a treat!
De, you go girl getting to the gym! You feel better after !

Have a spectacular Saturday and take care of yourself!
  #178   ^
Old Sat, Jun-02-18, 17:03

BF:

Hello!

I did make it to the gym today

Then I went shopping and got stuff for the grandkids. I promised my DGS a swimsuit to keep over here for the kiddie pool and the park and I told my DGD I’d get her a Waterbaby to play with in the pool. She tried playing with her regular baby doll and it got filled with water that we couldn’t get out.

This is crazy but we might get an inground pool installed. We had one at our other house and thought we were tired of the hassle, but summers here are so hot, we miss it! Maybe by next summer! We’ll see. The grandkids would enjoy it.

#179   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 14:58

BF:

Thank you Bernie! That dang cheese

I think grandchildren plus a hot climate is a good argument for a pool, Delaney. Might be worth the hassle. What kind of gym workout do you do?

On plan for food and feeling the transition to deeper ketosis. Feeling it on my breath. Appetite a bit decreased. Mild headache. No energy burst or profound mental clarity yet though.
  #180   ^
Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 15:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohamy
Thank you Bernie! That dang cheese

I think grandchildren plus a hot climate is a good argument for a pool, Delaney. Might be worth the hassle. What kind of gym workout do you do?

On plan for food and feeling the transition to deeper ketosis. Feeling it on my breath. Appetite a bit decreased. Mild headache. No energy burst or profound mental clarity yet though.

Yep, cheese is EVIL!

When I go to the gym I do the resistance/weight machines for 90 mins, if I have extra time I’ll go on the bike. We have a really nice elliptical machine at home and a bike, so I do those on the days I don’t go to the gym. I’m scheduling 3 days a week for gym time.

I think we have decided to put a pool in by next summer. Wish we did it when we got the house cause now we have to rip out the expensive landscape! We thought we didn’t want the hassle of a pool again, but now 5 years later have changed our minds! Guess that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Jun-03-18 at 15:22.